• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Red Hawk Legal ---- HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hawk Legal ---- HELP!

Please HELP!!!!

I have recently been contacted by RED HAWK LEGAL demanding money from me for the sum of £512. I received a cold call from Lifeastyle Claims in early 2011... I was a bit bamboozled by them to be totally honest and ended up paying them nearly £2000 for my claim to be processed quicker, I made, it must be over 100 calls to Lifestyle Claims and only 30% of these calls were ever answered and when they were answered I was fobbed off. I only knew Lifestyle Claims went into administration when I looked online for an email address because it was so difficault to contact them any other way. I heard nothing at all from anyone for over a year and now a company who I didnt even know existed are demanding money from me and threatening to send this onto a debt collection agency. I luckily paid on a credit card for the amount quoted above and have since been able to claim this back, i dont suppose other people have been quiet so lucky. But please can someone offer me some advice. I have asked Red Hawk Legal today to send me an agreement that states I agreed to pay them (13/09/2013) and the reply was "companies change hands all the time"

Advice is greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Red Hawk Legal ---- HELP!

Ok I will help you but firstly can you tell me:

1) Is the demand for £512 in respect of a successful PPI claim for which you received settlement?

2) Does your name appear in the long list of creditors that are listed sideways in the attached document? Bear in mind the names are not in alphabetical order within their letter groupings.

3) Could you post the text of the correspondence between you & Redhawk without your personal details?
    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=EXC;372309]Ok I will help you but firstly can you tell me:

1) Is the demand for £512 in respect of a successful PPI claim for which you received settlement?

2) Does your name appear in the long list of creditors that are listed sideways in the attached document? Bear in mind the names are not in alphabetical order within their letter groupings.

3) Could you post the text of the correspondence between you & Redhawk without your personal details?[/QUOT

1, I contacted my bank in the end as they were taking so long and got a settlement, then I rang Lifestyle Claims, they had no idea what I was talking about and I sent them a copy of the agreement from LLOYDS.

2, I have had a look at the attachment and my name does not appear on the document.

3, I have tried to attach the documentation that I have received but the file is to big. Is there an email address I can send these to?

Comment

What was the date of the agreement form from Lloyds?

I've sent you a private message with an e-mail address to sent the correspondence to.

Comment

Frostie, unless you have signed an agreement with Redhawk Legal they cannot pursue you for any money. You are in excellent hands with Exc and he will do his best to help you.

Comment

Similar situation, just had a letter from Redhawk saying I owed them £698 from a successful Lifestyle Claim. I never got the offer and had given up on Lifestyle having never been able to contact them. Lifestyle had actually told me there was no claim in regard to this policy, the only claim Lifestyle sorted for me resulted in a cheque for £12. I had similarly paid them up front fees, but have written these off. I'm not on the list of creditors so I have no chance there. The Redhawk rep stupidly told me they had no authority to pursue the claim and also that the bank would not discuss it with him when he rang them.

i've told them I'm not paying but if I pursue the claim myself do I need to pay their fee? They must have done some work for it to get to offer stage? He kept saying the administrators will set a collection agency on me if I refuse to pay. Obviously if I don't pursue the claim, they can't do that, but if I can get a £2k settlement for making a phone call to the bank then obviously I'd like to. If they are legally entitled to the commission then I will pay it, but would rather not.

Comment

Hi Simon and welcome, did you pay the upfront fees on your credit card?
              If you did then you can claim them back

anyone who did not receive a service from Lifestyle Claims and now that they are in administration you do have some recourse under S.75 - please read this article
              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...mer-credit-act it is still possible to get a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon72 View Post
                Similar situation, just had a letter from Redhawk saying I owed them £698 from a successful Lifestyle Claim. I never got the offer and had given up on Lifestyle having never been able to contact them. Lifestyle had actually told me there was no claim in regard to this policy, the only claim Lifestyle sorted for me resulted in a cheque for £12. I had similarly paid them up front fees, but have written these off. I'm not on the list of creditors so I have no chance there. The Redhawk rep stupidly told me they had no authority to pursue the claim and also that the bank would not discuss it with him when he rang them.

i've told them I'm not paying but if I pursue the claim myself do I need to pay their fee? They must have done some work for it to get to offer stage? He kept saying the administrators will set a collection agency on me if I refuse to pay. Obviously if I don't pursue the claim, they can't do that, but if I can get a £2k settlement for making a phone call to the bank then obviously I'd like to. If they are legally entitled to the commission then I will pay it, but would rather not.
                Firstly, have you had settlement of the claim or an offer of one to which the £698 fee is being applied?

Comment

Unless you have signed an agreement with Redhawk, how can they charge you a fee?

Comment

Ok another letter today including a letter from the administrator informing me that Redhawk has purchased "such right title and interest that the administrator holds in the customer lists, goodwill, customer contracts and (lol) the trading styles of client connections ltd, as per the contract executed between the parties.

it seems that cc ltd did the work and there was an offer made, but none of this was communicated to me since I signed the forms in January 2011. The only communication I had with them was a cheque for £12 relating to another claim and on a rare occasion I got through to them on the phone, I was told they had no other active claims on record for me and nothing had come of them. Now I have been told by redhawk that there is an offer from the bank to settle for £2k and they want the commission cc ltd was entitled to.

I need to understand if I am still bound by the original contract, if I am then I get a cheque for £1300. If I'm not I make a phone call to the bank and get a cheque for £2k. I was not previously aware of the offer and had not pursued the claim myself (having been told by lifestyle that the claim had failed)

Comment

Did you pay an upfront fee to CC?

The legal opinion we have had is that Redhawk cannot enforce the CC contracts.

Under s.4(1) of the Compensation Act 2006 "A person may not provide regulated claims management services unless— (a) he is an authorised person;" However, as a result of s.4(2)(b) of the 2006 Act “claims management services” means advice or other services in relation to the making of a claim, and under s.4(2)(e) "services are regulated if they are— (i) of a kind prescribed by order of the Secretary of State, or (ii) provided in cases or circumstances of a kind prescribed by order of the Secretary of State."

This effectively allowed the Secretary of State to give a more refined definition of 'regulated services' under The Compensation (Regulated Claims Management Services) Order 2006. In that 2006 Order, the Secretary of State defined 'regulated services' in Regulation 4(2)(c) as "referring details of a claim or claimant, or a cause of action or potential claimant, to another person, including a person having the right to conduct litigation;". As becomes immediately obvious, if you refer details of a claim or a claimant to another person for business purposes, then immediately you are governed by both the Order and the Act, and if you are not authorised, then this means you are committing a criminal offence.

Our view is that in order to validly assign the benefit of the contract, including details of a claim or claimant, to another person, the assignor must be authorised. The administrator for Client Connection, Sharma & Co, and Client Connection themselves were not authorised by the MoJ (CC surrendered their authorization prior to going into administration) to refer details of a claim or claimant to another person. This gives rise to strong grounds for challenging any assignment as being unlawful, and therefore unenforceable, since it is requires the commission of a criminal offence (in particular, s.7 of the 2006 Act). As a result, if a company is not authorized or a company loses its authorisation, for whatever reason, it cannot lawfully refer the details of any claims or claimants to another person, including by way of assignment.

Comment

Yes I paid an upfront fee

Comment

Originally posted by Simon72 View Post
                          Yes I paid an upfront fee
                          How much?

Even if the assignment of your claim was legit Redhawk should credit you the upfront fee.

Comment

Hello.
                            In feb 2012 lifestyle claims contacted me reg PPI and I foolishly paid them upfront £359.99 on my lloydsTSB C/C.
                            Anyway received a letter in October 2012 saying red hawk had taken over and signed some papers for them to persu case. They never asked for any money and I never won any PPi money back.
                            January 2013 heard they were unsuccessful and that was that.
                            Contacted them in April and they said they were owned by Sharma & Co.
                            I was passed from pillar to post between the 2(red hawk and Sharma) and decided to get my money
                            back via the C/C act section 75 consumer act 1974.
                            It took a few months but surprisingly I got all my money back. Then almost 2 months later (2nd October 2013) received a letter from Sharma stating a move from administration to dissolution and strongly urging me to contact my bank for a full refund, (already had
                            money back though, so out of touch with their business clients) signed Mrs GD Sharma...
                            I hope you manage to get sorted out.
                            There are many names associated with this company; client connection limited, money claiming experts.
                            they sent me a link www.insolvencynotices.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Dollymixture View Post
                              Hello.
                              In feb 2012 lifestyle claims contacted me reg PPI and I foolishly paid them upfront £359.99 on my lloydsTSB C/C.
                              Anyway received a letter in October 2012 saying red hawk had taken over and signed some papers for them to persu case. They never asked for any money and I never won any PPi money back.
                              January 2013 heard they were unsuccessful and that was that.
                              Contacted them in April and they said they were owned by Sharma & Co.
                              I was passed from pillar to post between the 2(red hawk and Sharma) and decided to get my money
                              back via the C/C act section 75 consumer act 1974.
                              It took a few months but surprisingly I got all my money back. Then almost 2 months later (2nd October 2013) received a letter from Sharma stating a move from administration to dissolution and strongly urging me to contact my bank for a full refund, (already had
                              money back though, so out of touch with their business clients) signed Mrs GD Sharma...
                              I hope you manage to get sorted out.
                              There are many names associated with this company; client connection limited, money claiming experts.
                              they sent me a link www.insolvencynotices.co.uk
                              Thanks for the post and I'm glad you managed to get your money back as many didn't.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X