• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi calculations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi calculations

Hi all, as i am new to this site I was wondering if anyone was available to help me. I am trying to sort out all my dads PPI complaints. I have recieved all my SAR information i had requested from Barclays, but i am still unsure on the calculations to ask for a full refund. Hear I have attached a copy of one of the loan agreement if anyone can advise me.Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: ppi calculations

Hi JoanneB and welcome to you. Well done for getting the DSAR info. You will need to sift through the DSAR info and identify each account. This mostly done by sorting through the statement copies and any copies of agreements/application forms. Try an get these in order of sequence. You will also probably have a load of other stuff such as screenshots, which can be quite confusing, but which are not usually so important for PPI claims. Once you have got all this into some kind of order, you will need to identify which accounts had PPI, and this is usually evidenced by the agreements and the statements - bear in mind that PPI is often called other things, so you may have to be a bit 'canny' at spotting it sometimes. If any of the accounts are credit card accounts, then you can also reclaim Card Protection Plan (CPP) insurance, which is usually an annual premium charged to cover theft or loss of credit cards.

Next - you need to be sure about your reasons for considering the PPI to have been mis-sold - in each case - and there is a list of such reasons here in our PPI section.

Then - you can send in your preliminary claim. I always advocate making this as non-specific as possible, leaving the lender to respond as they see fit, and then we can focus on that response. We don't need figures or calculations at this stage.

Either they will deny mis-selling or admit it. If they deny mis-selling, then we have to deal with that before we do any calculations. If they admit mis-selling, then they will probably make an offer - and that is when we finally need to have our own calculations to hand.

So - my suggestion is that you go through the above steps, and send in your preliminary claim letter. Once you have done that, then the clock is ticking. THAT is when you can start working out what you expect to be offered - and we will help you with that.

BTW - your attached scan is the sort of stuff that we need, so I guess you are pretty clued up. It clearly shows that there was over £2500 PPI on that loan. If you have good reasons for claiming the PPI was mis-sold, then send in the preliminary claim letter.

Comment

Re: ppi calculations

Thanks very much for your reply,very helpful.Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X