• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP: FOS agrees mis-selling, but LLOYDS disagree???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: FOS agrees mis-selling, but LLOYDS disagree???

Hi there, newbie here.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue I have?
    Basically I have a PPI credit card claim with a PPI claims company which has been ongoing for an age with Lloyds (spits on the ground!)...
    It went to the FOS via the claims company, and eventually the company came back to me with the news that the FOS have agreed to my claim, and that it was now a matter of waiting for Lloyds to make me an offer of settlement. Having grown impatient - as it was taking a lifetime for this offer to arrive - I contacted the PPI claim department of Lloyds personally. I did this twice, and each time - after a rather arduous conversation - I was informed that the relevant department were still working on the offer, in respect of calculations, etc. They also informed me that they had sent out - yeah, right - a letter informing me that a decision on the offer amount could take upto 8 weeks from date of said letter to arrive; needless to say I never received said letter.

Fine.

Then this afternoon I get a letter from Lloyds claiming that after extensive searches of their records they could not find any PPI attached to the credit card in question, and that I would be getting an official letter of notification from the FOS.

Now, I don't know about you peeps, but I am assuming that if the FOS has agreed in my favour that PPI was mis-sold then there MUST have been PPI attached to the credit card that I was claiming for? Surely this is the case, right? And if it is the case then how can Lloyds then issue me a letter claiming otherwise?

Can anyone shed any light on this please?
    Tags: None

Re: HELP: FOS agrees mis-selling, but LLOYDS disagree???

Hi Chimaera71, and welcome to you. As the CMC is handling your claim for you, then I think that technically they should be the ones answering your question. If they have lodged a claim with the FOS, then they should at the very least have ascertained whether PPI was attached to this account before submitting the claim. If they have actually submitted a claim - AND the FOS have upheld it - then it seems to me that you should be looking into what the CMC ACTUALLY submitted (as opposed to what they have told you they submitted - and what the FOS ACTUALLY decided regarding your redress.

Being a forum denizen, I may be a tad biased against CMC's, but my suggestion is that you trust them only as far as you can throw them. Personally, I think you need to ask them for a CLEAR account of exactly what they sent the FOS in support of the claim - and take what they say with a large pinch of salt. Also ask the FOS to supply the same info - and then compare both. Presumably the CMC will be charging you for their service, so make them work for their money !!!

Also - ask Lloyds (hoccc....spit, in sympathy !!!) what the FOS have directed them to do and to pay. Out of all this MAY come some truth.

Finally - check your own records for evidence of PPI. If you don't have any, then it would be interesting to see what evidence the CMC claim to have submitted to the FOS. If you issued a DSAR, and a CCA s.77-79 request, then you should have some data covering the last 6 years, at least.

Like I said, I'm biased, but my bet is that the CMC is the prime suspect here (they are usually cherry-pickers) - followed by the FOS (they are inundated with PPI complaints from CMC's, but staffed by chimps) - followed by Lloyds (they have at least admitted to their vile misconduct of late).

FWIW, that's my take, and my 'umble suggestion thus far, matey.

Comment

Re: HELP: FOS agrees mis-selling, but LLOYDS disagree???

Originally posted by chimaera71 View Post
      Hi there, newbie here.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue I have?
      Basically I have a PPI credit card claim with a PPI claims company which has been ongoing for an age with Lloyds (spits on the ground!)...
      It went to the FOS via the claims company, and eventually the company came back to me with the news that the FOS have agreed to my claim, and that it was now a matter of waiting for Lloyds to make me an offer of settlement. Having grown impatient - as it was taking a lifetime for this offer to arrive - I contacted the PPI claim department of Lloyds personally. I did this twice, and each time - after a rather arduous conversation - I was informed that the relevant department were still working on the offer, in respect of calculations, etc. They also informed me that they had sent out - yeah, right - a letter informing me that a decision on the offer amount could take upto 8 weeks from date of said letter to arrive; needless to say I never received said letter.

Fine.

Then this afternoon I get a letter from Lloyds claiming that after extensive searches of their records they could not find any PPI attached to the credit card in question, and that I would be getting an official letter of notification from the FOS.

Now, I don't know about you peeps, but I am assuming that if the FOS has agreed in my favour that PPI was mis-sold then there MUST have been PPI attached to the credit card that I was claiming for? Surely this is the case, right? And if it is the case then how can Lloyds then issue me a letter claiming otherwise?

Can anyone shed any light on this please?
      Surely, you must have made a section 78 CCA Request and;
      a DPA subject access request?
      You must hold some proofs that PPI was added to the account!?

If, I were you then I would be making a subject access request to the Claims Company; important to find out what has gone on...!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X