• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with PPI which has been rejected from Direct Auto Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with PPI which has been rejected from Direct Auto Financial Services

Hi There,

I am new here. I read how many people did not win against DOFS but had hope when i read a few people did. So would really appreciate anyone's help as our PPI Claim has been rejected from Direct Auto Financial Services. Please see attached received rejection letter.

My husband took a load with DOFS in July 2002 and he recalled that he was forced to take the PPI otherwise he won't get the loan. And he believed that he did not tick any boxes or were told about the ticking boxes at the time. And even when he paid off the car, he ended paying more that he was told.

From the reading of others, i noticed that they had similar response.

Do I respond to them with a challenging letter or do i go directly to FOS?

thank you in advance for your help and looking forward to hear from you advices.

Wendy
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Help with PPI which has been rejected from Direct Auto Financial Services

Hi there
    And welcome
    I note they confirm they were not regulated by the FOS when you purchased the policy, so in this case the FOS will not be able to adjudicate as its not regulated for them to do so, however the FOS will otherwise suggest you pursue the insurer/underwriter of the policy, as these are highly likely to have been regulated, but if you go through the FOS in regards of the underwriter/insurer, please be aware that it may take a good time, as they do take a lot longer going this avenue.

So, with that, I would find out direct from the business you were rejected from, the details of the underwriter/insurer, as you have the right to know these details and take your complaint to them.

What I would do though, is put it into writing to the business you complained to, or email if they have the email facilities, by providing your account number and complaint reference number, and thank them for their letter dated X/XX/2013, and tell them you are very disappointed with the decision that was made on your complaint, and if you had known it was not a protection that you did not have to take out, then you would have of course raised this up with them a long time before now, but it's only recently you became aware of the mis selling of these insurance policies, which then led you to believe you now have a case, and a genuine reason to have made the complaint to them.

Then ask them to send you details of any written evidence they have to support their rejection, also details of the underwriter/insurer, because you believe you have the right to these details. Ask that they provide these details to you by 14 days.

Hope this helps for now, let us know if any probs from here, or if they do not provide you with any of the above info.
    Also let us know when you receive the details of the underwriter/insurer, we can then sort out a letter to them for you.

Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X