• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax PPI payout on one and not the other??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax PPI payout on one and not the other??

Hi there, I received a PPI payout on an an expired loan recently, but not on a credit card PPI?

I originally called Halifax's PPI line last year (April 2012) regarding my credit card PPI, but heard nothing back.

I didn't call again until 2013. But when I did, I made a further claim for a loan PPI. This claim was upheld following an telephone enquiry from Halifax requesting further info.

I received the relevant cheque a few weeks bk. Interestingly, Along with the cheque I also received a pre filled out form to apply for a previous PPI claim with a another number on it?......

I wrote to the Halifax, as again this year, as I had again heard nothing in response to my second follow up call. A copy of my letter I sent in is below, I sent this in a few weeks back.

I called Halifax today for an update, and was told the relevant claim had been denied, and a copy letter of what they apprantly sent out last year, will be forwarded to me in due course.

Here's a copy of my letter I sent in a few weeks back;

HALIFAX
    Customer Relations
    PO Box 548 (xxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Leeds (xxxxxxxxx)
    LS1 1WU (xxxxxxxx)
    (xxxxxxx
    (xxxxx)

PPI COMPLAINT – (53xx254x43xxxx3x)

With reference to the above, and to my telephone conversation of 20 April 2013 with Ms Nxxx Cxxx, I now confirm my compliant in writing.

As discussed with Ms Cxxxx, I initially raised a complaint via your dedicated complaints line last year. Having heard nothing in response, I raised a further follow-up complaint on 10 March 2013, alongside an additional complaint regarding a previous loan account (7/xxxxx-10).

Unfortunately, on both these occasions I am yet to receive any formal correspondence/conclusion regarding my original and or follow-up compliant.

Interestingly, I did receive an acknowledgement for my additional PPI complaint (xxx-xxx), followed by an offer of payment, and finally a cheque. All three of these correspondences were received in a timely fashion following my complaint of the 10 March 2013.

During my recent telephone conversation with Ms Cxxxx it was confirmed that my original complaint of last year, as well as my follow up complaint this year, had both been acknowledged/entered onto your relevant system(s).

Ms Cxxx also informed me that she did not know or understand why my original complaint had not been dealt with accordingly, and or addressed this year as per my follow up and joint complaint of the 10March 2013, and, especially so, since my additional complaint was then being dealt with.

Moreover, Ms Cxxx also indicated that my original complaint had already been assessed to some degree. Of course, I am at a loss to understand why I have not yet received a formal or timely response to my original or indeed follow-up complaint. I then requested that a Manger call me back as a matter of urgency to discuss this long outstanding issue. But, almost needless to say, I did not receive a follow up call back from anyone.

To clarify the position of my original complaint, I have not requested (knowingly or willing) or indeed wanted any form of PPI on my credit card account. I can only assume the relevant contract(s) some how made this a compulsory measure and or was added/actioned without my knowledge. Either way, I never wanted or required any form of PPI / insurance regarding my credit card account.

Of course, it would make no sense to have requested PPI on a new credit card and not to have requested the same facility on a larger decreasing loan amount (which has now been correctly refunded). Indeed, I only discovered the relevant PPI was in place last year, when I first contacted you with my complaint. Interestingly, the PPI is not clearly indicated at all on my monthly statements, or something I have routinely received renewals for thus routinely alerting me to its existence.

Obviously, I now request a full refund of all payments regarding this PPI, along with the additional and applicable interest and compensatory amounts, as included in my recent refund regarding account No. 7xxxxx-10.

Should I not receive a response from you and or should my complaint not be upheld, I shall make a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman in order to recoup the relevant monies.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxx.

Should I now go straight to the Ombudsman or is there a rebuttal letter I should try first?

Any ideas?
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax PPI payout on one and not the other??

Hi and welcome
    Have you actually tried contacting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Halifax directly?

I believe they also have an email address, but I would write direct to the CEO with the copy of your letter above (of your concerns), give them 14 days, also state that you had received no such letter and because of being informed a letter was sent out last year - you know believe you lost your right to complain to the FOS, because you have 6 months as from the date of the final letter.
    Tell the CEO your not happy with the standard of the service you deserved as a long term customer, and as the letter stated failed to reach you, you were not aware until recently that a letter of rejection was sent to you back last year. State if this was the fact, then you would have obviously have complained to the FOS by now as you are clearly aware of the timescale to complain to the organisation.

Tell the CEO you wish for this to be reviewed and also request for a copy of the letter of rejection (if a letter was sent out out to you last year) as you believe it would have been held on the system. Ask to review your complaint with any further info you have by 14 days, or otherwise this matter will be taken further.

Failing that, call the FOS, explain your situation to them and ask if they will still be able to take the case on (if the 6 months have passed since Halifax sent the final letter of rejection), usually the FOS request for a copy of the letter.

Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X