• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lifestyle claims ppi scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifestyle claims ppi scam

I to was duped by this company. they rang me up on 14th December 2011 and were very convincing they even took me through the web site (ministry of justice) to show they were legal.There salesman (Claudio Peregreno)asked how much was on the card and for how long roughly it had been like it then said i would be entitled to at least £2400

They took £295.00 from my credit card. I thought about this during the day and decided to cancel it. After 3 phone calls they would not let me cancel and said wait till I get the pack then make up my mind.

I did not receive the pack till 2weeks later. when I remembered to call them back before the 14day cooling of period there office was not open ( 28 dec).

When the office was open the cooling off period had ended and they would not let me cancel. I had no choice but to join.

What they also neglected to tell me was that the 30% they charged for a successful claim did not include the £295 they had already taken.

4 months passed but no results. I rang them regularly every month. After a while they managed to claim back £150 in un fare bank charges. The next thing I new was they had passed
    it to a company called Ultimate law.

They were actually very professional and honest and managed and tild me that the claim was no where near what Lifestyle had quoted . I received £325 from Ultimate Law.

They also told me that lifestyle had gone into administration.
    I thought that was the end but the day I received the cheque I had a call from a company called Red Hawk Claims (Swansea).

They are trying to claim 30% of the £325 . I found out that this company has been employed by the Administrators (sharma & co).
    Could some one please tell me do they have any legal right to do this as what lifestyle did in the first instance was incorrect ( asking for money up front).

By the way during this period I rang the Ministry of Justice and I would say that they were not very helpful.
    Tags: None

Re: lifestyle claims ppi scam

As long as you have not signed Redhawks terms and condition etc please write to Chris Woods at the Ministry of Justice/ Trading Standards and scan and send all your documents that you have including any letters to - c.woods@claimsregulation.gov.uk the more complaints they get the better as they told us that they do not act on just one complaint. Also has a company called Universal they are Debt Collectors on behalf of Redhawk contacted you yet. If they do, they at present do not have a licence with the OFT to be able to debt collect.

We are in the process of working together with the MOJ/TS with regards to whether Sharma's actually had the right to sell the contracts from Lifestyle and cannot let you know at this point your legal rights as this is being worked on. We have many other members with the same problems so let us know how you get on with Chris Woods.

Originally posted by atombomb1962 View Post
    I to was duped by this company. they rang me up on 14th December 2011 and were very convincing they even took me through the web site (ministry of justice) to show they were legal.There salesman (Claudio Peregreno)asked how much was on the card and for how long roughly it had been like it then said i would be entitled to at least £2400

They took £295.00 from my credit card. I thought about this during the day and decided to cancel it. After 3 phone calls they would not let me cancel and said wait till I get the pack then make up my mind.

I did not receive the pack till 2weeks later. when I remembered to call them back before the 14day cooling of period there office was not open ( 28 dec).

When the office was open the cooling off period had ended and they would not let me cancel. I had no choice but to join.

What they also neglected to tell me was that the 30% they charged for a successful claim did not include the £295 they had already taken.

4 months passed but no results. I rang them regularly every month. After a while they managed to claim back £150 in un fare bank charges. The next thing I new was they had passed
    it to a company called Ultimate law.

They were actually very professional and honest and managed and tild me that the claim was no where near what Lifestyle had quoted . I received £325 from Ultimate Law.

They also told me that lifestyle had gone into administration.
    I thought that was the end but the day I received the cheque I had a call from a company called Red Hawk Claims (Swansea).

They are trying to claim 30% of the £325 . I found out that this company has been employed by the Administrators (sharma & co).
    Could some one please tell me do they have any legal right to do this as what lifestyle did in the first instance was incorrect ( asking for money up front).

By the way during this period I rang the Ministry of Justice and I would say that they were not very helpful.

Comment

Did Ultimate Law deduct their fee and if so how much?

Comment

I think I may be in the same position. I have paid Lifestyle Claims £349.52 and now Redhawk legal want £364.68 for an offer that Lifestyle had for me (Offer amount £1013.00). I have now received a letter from Universal demanding payment otherwise they will take things further. Can anyone help me please?

Comment

Originally posted by md1966 View Post
          I think I may be in the same position. I have paid Lifestyle Claims £349.52 and now Redhawk legal want £364.68 for an offer that Lifestyle had for me (Offer amount £1013.00). I have now received a letter from Universal demanding payment otherwise they will take things further. Can anyone help me please?
          As far as we understand it Redhawk are not entitled to have anything to do with your claim. This is because at the point Lifestyle's administrator sold the on-going claims to Redhawk, neither Lifestyle or the administrator held a claims management MOJ authorization, for which passing details of claims to anyone is a regulated activity.

Also we are not clear whether Universal should hold a consumer credit licence in order to collect Redhawk's debts but we're working on that.

I would e-mail Universal with a formal complaint a) disputing the lawfulness of the assignment of your claim to Redhawk and b) that you believe that they should hold a consumer credit licence in order to attempt to collect the alleged 'debt'.

Comment

Thankyou for the info supplied,but I am still being hassled by Redhawk ,now for a part of the £325 claimed back by Ultimate Law. can someone tell me for certain that what they are doing is illegal ,also is there a site where I can down load the info needed, where it states that the money (£395) they took of me when they called me on the phone to start the claim was illegal

Comment

Have you reported this to the TS|MOJ?
              have you signed any contracts with Redhawk Legal?
              Why is Redhawk chasing for money claimed back from Ultimate Law.
              Did Ultimatevlaw deduct their fees from your award?

Thankyou for the info supplied,but I am still being hassled by Redhawk ,now for a part of the £325 claimed back by Ultimate Law. can someone tell me for certain that what they are doing is illegal ,also is there a site where I can down load the info needed, where it states that the money (£395) they took of me when they called me on the phone to start the claim was illegal

Comment

The legal advice we have is that Redhawk should not have been passed the details of claims by Lifestyle of their administrators because neither were authorized to do so by the MOJ at the time.

If, as is likely, Lifestyle first contacted you by a cold call your claim should not have been passed on to Ultimate Law or any solicitors either - read the second page here http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/...each-sheet.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X