• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI taken put through 3rd party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI taken put through 3rd party

Some time ago I took out a loan through GE Money to pay for double glazing. This loan + PPI was taken out through the glazing firm.

Now GE tell me that they did not in fact sell me the PPI and that the glazing firm (now defunct) is responsible and that I should contact the company's administrators.

Surely the glazing firm were acting as authorized agents for GE and the responsibility for the selling of the PPI lies with GE.

Any helpful comments appreciated.

Dan
    Tags: None

Re: PPI taken put through 3rd party

Hi danblue
    When did you take out the loan? if it was after January 2005 you may be able to ask the Financial Compensation Services Scheme (FSCS).to look at the mis-sell for you
    Gill x

Comment

Re: PPI taken put through 3rd party

Originally posted by danblue View Post
      Some time ago I took out a loan through GE Money to pay for double glazing. This loan + PPI was taken out through the glazing firm.

Now GE tell me that they did not in fact sell me the PPI and that the glazing firm (now defunct) is responsible and that I should contact the company's administrators.

Surely the glazing firm were acting as authorized agents for GE and the responsibility for the selling of the PPI lies with GE.

Any helpful comments appreciated.

Dan
      Hi Dan and welcome

It is correct that you pursue the ones who set up your finance, so if the business are still up and running, you will need to write to the head office of the glazing firm.

As Gill says, if the business are no longer active,and if you taken out the finance after 14th Jan 2005 you may be able to make a reclaim through the FSCS as Gill states, as the FSCS will only deal with these matters if the business close down for eg, and were registered/regulated by the FSA.
      If you have any paperwork/agreement and or application it should disclose somewhere if they were regulated by the FSA or so.

If you cannot make a reclaim from both of the above, you can then try the insurer/underwriter avenue as the last resort, the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) would suggest this direction.
      The FOS will only deal with complaints if your policy was regulated by FSA or GISC at the time you taken out the finance. If not this is where they tend to suggest the insurer/underwriter avenue as they were possibly regulated no matter on when you taken it out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X