• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB ppi claim Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB ppi claim Help

Hi
    I am new on this forum and wondered if anyone can help

I started a ppi complaint against Lloyds a few weeks ago and today have received a letter declining my claim saying it was a postal application, they enclosed a copy of the application form.

I applied for this card in 2001 and had no idea that there was an exclusion for Pre-existing medical condition until 8 weeks ago when I started my claim (I appreciate how stupid this makes me look). I had major back surgery in 1996/7 and still suffer with this now. I cancelled the ppi policy 8 weeks ago, when i lodged the complaint, as I realised that it would never pay out should I try to claim if ever off work.

should I just accept their "go away" reply or peruse it further, if I continue should I go back to lloyds or FOS?
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB ppi claim Help

Hi and welcome

Do not leave it there.

Write and/or email them back with your customer/ref complaints number and tell them you want this matter looked into again, as you are not happy with your complaint being rejected on a genuine complaint.

(Can you recall on it being a postal application)?

On the application is the ppi print ticked or hand-ticked by yourself?

Despite that you should tell them that due to pre-med conditions as this was the case when you take out the credit card, that you were not aware of any medical exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions at the time and you now realise the policy was worthless to you, and if you had known or if the information was provided to you at the time, then PPI would NOT have been chosen.

You need to keep on at them, afterall you were paying for a policy that was never going to pay out if a claim were to be made on these conditions. (If you thought PPI) was all part of the policy with not knowing otherwise at the time, make that clear to them as well.

customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

I would email the above (the 2nd email is the Chief executive officer/CEO) copy your email on to him as well and make customer service aware you have done so as well, because you are disappointed that a respectable (LOL) bank did not consider your complaint thoroughly and overlooked your reasons, on a policy that would not have ended paying out.

Ask for confirmation of your email and remember to enclose the complaints ref number as well.

Good luck ;-)

Comment

Hi,

just thought I'd quickly update.

i write back to Lloyds TSB who came back twice with the same Go Away reply so I sent it all off to the FOS in April this year.

had a letter from FOS yesterday saying they are upholding my complaint and that Lloyds TSB will be in touch with 12 weeks with a figure ;0) have absolutely no idea how much it will be burnt hopefully I'll hear off them sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your advice, I posted the same question on another website and got no help whatsoever, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU xx

Comment

Great news SMJ!!!!

Thank you for updating us, hope you get your refund sooner rather than later.

It's been a pleasure! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Just a quick question, I have been looking at the FOS website and the information on credit card ppi address is really confusing, can anyone explain how it works, in really simple terms ;0)

I've not yet heard from Lloyds, but they have until end of October, so don't expect it to be soon but would like to understand how it works.

Am I right in thinking you get all your ppi payments back plus 8% interest?.. Do you also get back the additional interest that was paid on the credit card (due to the ppi?)

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, I've had a quick look and can't see anything that explains it. My card was opened in November 2001, and although still used, the ppi was cancelled in February 2013. The balance has rarely been lower than 2k

Comment

Hi there

In regards of Credit Card PPI it differs a little from Loan PPI.

I shall see if I can find the details on this site for you to check out, but otherwise one of our guys that work with calculations will probably be along at some point soon or over the weekend and will try explaining this to you.

Comment

Hi, sorry to be a pain but the wording on the FOS letter is

"I am pleased to tell you that following our involvement Lloyds TSB will now be making you an offer of compensation on your payment protection insurance complaint. The offer is in line with the ombudsman's general approach where we decide that a consumer shouldn't have been sold PPI. This is to put you in the position you would be in if you hadn't taken out the PPI policy"

can an I assume they will refund me all the PPI payments I made on the card plus interest incurred on the PPI plus 8%?

Comment

Can anyone help with a (very) rough guesstimate of what I'm likely to be offered? Based on an average 3k balance, ppi ran from 2001 until April this year. Card is still active

Comment

Hi there
                  Sorry for my late response and sorry no-one been available to check this out just yet.
                  However, below will give you an idea of how the FOS redress ppi compensation, so bumping the same time for you.

check this out here....
                  http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...i/redress.html

Well done on your success!

Comment

Can not thank you all on here enough, Have received notification that Lloyds are refunding me £13100 relating to this credit card. Just waiting for the breakdown which was apparently posted on Friday so hopefully with me this week. If it wasn't for your help I would never have sent this to the FOS

**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**THANK YOU**

Comment

YAY and WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, what a lovely Christmas pressie to have, great timing, well done!!! :tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X