• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

halifax sar form address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halifax sar form address

hi has anyone got the correct address or contact to send your sar form to Halifax, I did get a conformation letter about 3weeks ago that they received my postal order and were getting my information but nothing since, I think they need chasing.
    Tags: None

Re: halifax sar form address

Evolution they have 40 calender days to produce the information so we appear to be only half way through that time period.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

sorry im not very clear in my text. they have had well over 40 days but I got a letter 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Write back and tell them they are well over the given timescales they were entitled to, and tell them failure of them not responding or providing you with your data of the account will force you to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Maybe give them a further 7 days.

If you provided them with a cheque for the SAR request, have they debited it from your account yet?

Comment

do you have the contact address please or email.

Comment

I would respond to the person who sent you the confirmation letter, Evo - at the address given in that letter. They have acknowledged receipt of your DSAR, and are therefore now required to comply with it. Ultimately, the 'Data Controller' is responsible for compliance with the DPA and DSAR's, so you could also write to the Data Controller. In HBOS's case, the Data Controller - as registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) - appears to be HBOS plc itself:

THE DATA CONTROLLER
            HBOS PLC
            THE MOUND

EDINBURGH
            EH1 1YZ

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Write back and tell them they are well over the given timescales they were entitled to, and tell them failure of them not responding or providing you with your data of the account will force you to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Maybe give them a further 7 days.

If you provided them with a cheque for the SAR request, have they debited it from your account yet?
              I did that when I got no response to a SAR after 2 months. You can send your complaint to the ICO by email, download the complaint form from here --> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/getting/complain.aspx

Attach the SAR letter you sent. If you sent it RD, you can get the confirmation that it was received from the Royal Mail site, do a screen print of that and attach to your email with the complaint form, that saves postage and hassle.

After what I'd been reading about the ICO, I wasn't expecting much from them but, to my surprise, they wrote to me a week later saying they were on the case! :clap2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                I did that when I got no response to a SAR after 2 months. You can send your complaint to the ICO by email, download the complaint form from here --> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/getting/complain.aspx

Attach the SAR letter you sent. If you sent it RD, you can get the confirmation that it was received from the Royal Mail site, do a screen print of that and attach to your email with the complaint form, that saves postage and hassle.

After what I'd been reading about the ICO, I wasn't expecting much from them but, to my surprise, they wrote to me a week later saying they were on the case! :clap2:
                Oooh that is a surprise, so at least they have decided to look into matters further, good one and I hope they help you succeed with your query as well, fingers crossed ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X