• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital 1 PPI refused!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital 1 PPI refused!

Hi
    i am after some and help and advice on trying to claim PPI back from Capital 1 from a credit card, I first took the card out in 2003 by a telephone application, and agreed to PPI over the phone, after approx 5 years i realized there was completely no need me having PPI due to my circumstances of living at my parents and low paid job etc so i cancelled it.
    I have recently put a claim fro mis sold PPI, on the basis of it not being fully explained and that i felt i would have better chances of being accepted for the card if i took the PPI out at the same time,and my circumstances of living with parents and low paid job at the time etc.
    My claim has taken nearly 2 months in which they asked for a copy of my passport to prove my signature was correct, which was sent.I have now received a letter saying that they have finished their investigation and found that they are confident that the policy was sold correctly and contact the fos, the parts they have investigated were a miss selling review;
    non optional; they are confident that it was fully explained to me
    non advised;it was my responsibility to decide that it was suitable to my needs
    pressured sale; they find it very unlikely it was a pressured sale

is this a typical fob off letter? where can i go from here? can i ask for copy of telephone call?can some help with a reply letter?
    thanks
    jon
    Tags: None

Re: Capital 1 PPI refused!

Hi and welcome

Write back by giving them a further 14 days, then if nothing or if they do not change the decision in your favour, then complain to the FOS.

Can you remember how many hours you worked at the time you taken out the policy? (for example, if less than 18 or 16 hours per week, then it would not have covered you anyway)

Ask them to provide you with the evidence in concrete on how they believe it was sold in a correct manner to you, where did they find the information that they were confident it was fully explained to you? (Ask them these questions and to provide you with the evidence to prove this). It may stump them, they may realise they do not have anything to prove it was sold to you in a fair way.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X