• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Second rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second rejection

Iv had a 2nd rejection letter off Halifax today I can't understand how it can be accepted and ok with lloyds but rejected with Halifax. Both Lloyds and Halifax accounts were old credit cards. So what now I guess fos is next stop.
    Tags: None

Re: Second rejection

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
    Iv had a 2nd rejection letter off Halifax today I can't understand how it can be accepted and ok with lloyds but rejected with Halifax. Both Lloyds and Halifax accounts were old credit cards. So what now I guess fos is next stop.
    Don't let me deter you, but what do you suppose the Fobbing Off Service will do?

Comment

Go on whats the way forward then ? I cant see how they can keep money they have been told to give back.

Comment

anyone ? lol

Comment

Hi
          Have you tried writing to the CEO about this? I assume its the same CEO (Chief Executive officer). I would say that as far as you are aware lloyds and halifax are under the same umbrella, you were successful on the one and not the other yet the same reasons.
          Maybe with the CEO being the same it may help.
          Tell the CEO that you want this matter looked into by 14 days or you will be taking it further.
          If different CEO, that doesnt matter either.

If they do not overturn your decision in your favour, by then, complain to the FOS.

Good luck.

Comment

@di30 Lloyds bank sent me a letter today offering me 4.5k for ppi so with my credit card and loan iv had back nearly 6k. Iv phoned Halifax today as the second letter does not really answer my questions, about how they come to reject my claim. its does not say final tho and says if any questions phone or write. I phoned today and seem to always get put through to india, they don't seem to have information and try and fob you off. infact when I push the assistant she came out with a statement saying they have little information regaurding my account as it was a number of years ago (may 2003), im getting a little fed up with Halifax as my wages go into my account. also is David Nicholson still ceo of Halifax.
            Last edited by Evolution; 18th January 2013, 18:12:PM.

Comment

repost sorry

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Can't help, sorry Evolution, but hang in because it's Sunday, snowy and those that can help you are not around just now but as you have seen there are some big guns here and they will be along!

Comment

iv noticed that, some days you get help really quick, some times a bit longer. I guess its a massive forum also so lots of time needed to get around them all.

Comment

also some stuff needs particular experts and they are like hen's teeth

Comment

Hiya

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Snow here in Wales have caused me to lose connection now and again, it's been a right pain lol.

I note you said that Halifax letter did not state it was final, so in this case, you can write directly back to them and tell them exactly what we said above.
                        I would say they have not given reason to reject your complaint and feel you do have genuine grounds to complain to make a reclaim, which is why you are making a complaint and requesting for a refund.
                        Add anything you feel they may have missed and make it clear that you feel they overlooked your complaint and are asking they look into this matter before you decide to take this matter further.

I will have to double check on the CEO, I did assume it was the same CEO as lloyds as they are under the same umbrella.

Comment

I looked on web but I think there different CEOs should I tell them lloyds have upheld my claim, and send proof?

Comment

Also when sending this letter should I send it with my sar request and £10. Do you think this time I send it all to the CEO or give shop level one more time.

Comment

Hiya

I have the link below to CEO's, because my connections are playing up, I'm unable to get on here, think that's what the problem is not certain, but try this anyway just in case.....
                              http://www.ceoemail.com/

The SAR is sent to a separate department to the complaints section usually. So if you can send this separately. So we need to find the data dept address really via Halifax, whether or not it will also be the same as Lloyds we can check on, or if you contact Halifax on the phone they will give you the address direct, maybe that is the best option.

You could make them aware that you recently had a complaint upheld with their sister company and you enclose a copy with your letter, and say you want to give them the opportunity to revisit your complaint with the same reasons that apply for both businesses, no harm done. ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X