• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
    bl.oody BlackHorse suddenly out of the blue conjuring up what the Rebate Refund figures actually comprise
    They are the lowest. Either completely thick - or ten steps ahead of us. I suspect the latter, sadly.
    Are we saying that there figures are now correct Bill, taking into consideration that rebate refunds were given when the loans were paid off ??

Comment

You have a choice, really, Di. With loan 1, if we are to accept that the £151.89 'SETTLEMENT ADJ. is a PPI rebate, then their figures agree with ours as near as dammit. But the £162.39 which THEY say was a PPI Rebate does not appear anywhere in their statement. So - either their statement is not a true statement of account, or their calculations are incorrect. The effect of this rebate is to reduce the amount of PPI carried forward to loan 2, and therefore the claim quantum for loans 2 & 3. The choice is yours as to whether you want to dispute the un-statemented 'PPI Rebates' - either a lower payout if you accept them, or a longer battle if you don't. What happens with loan 1 also affects loans 2 & 3, so wait until we have a complete summary before deciding.

With loan 2, BH have offered £227.54, BUT they calculate that £396.59 PPI is carried forward to loan 3, whereas I have calculated this to be £253.97. So - if you are going to accept that the £777.50 was a PPI rebate, then their offer is better than my calculation. Again, however, THEIR figure for the rebate is £799.47 - and there is no such amount shown in the statement. Regarding their most recent explanation of the calculation for loan 2 - it is incorrect, as they have not included PPI in the carry-forward to loan 3 - BUT, they HAVE included it as £396.59 in their original offer, and their previous explanation. Again, you can also dispute the 'PPI Rebate' for the same reason as loan 1 - but again that has to be your choice. It will affect loan 2 only.

I haven't finished checking Loan 3 yet, Di, but so far, you have a choice regarding loans 1 & 2.
      You can accept the 'PPI Rebate,' and therefore accept the lower 'carry-forward' PPI amount - in which case this will reduce your claim quantum slightly, but it will allow for a quicker result.
      Or you can challenge the 'PPI rebate,' as it is not listed at all as such in the statements -ether by description, or by amount.
      I'll try and finish loan 3 shortly, and post up, along with a summary for your final decision.

Comment

Thanks Bill, as you said ill await your final figures then decide but as iv always said if BH are WAY out on there figures and we can set it out in layment terms I can go back one last time to BH with the questions regarding the PPI rebate. I wondering if list of questions as to how they got to there figures and what you believe they should be should be the first step directed at BH, as you can see in there final letter they have stated that I can go back to them, or call them but I don't feel I have enough understanding to tackle them by phoning them and asking the questions as I wouldn't know how to reply back should they give me an answer therefore they could get away with waffling........lol

Comment

OK Di, this is what I've got. You have to make a choice as to whether you want to dispute the unaccounted-for (and apparently fictional) 'PPI Rebates or not.
          Pro's
          There is no record of these amounts in the statements, and no mention of the terms 'PPI' or 'Rebate' anywhere. If BH insist that their figures are correct, then what you were sent were NOT true statements of account, as the balances would now be different to those shown. So you could argue that this fictional 'PPI Rebate' was never given, as it was never shown in the statements of account. The 'SETTLEMENT ADJ. shown in the statements cannot be the PPI Rebate to which they refer, as it is not described as a rebate, and it is a different amount in each case.
          If this can be successfully argued, then I calculate that the total claim quantum would be in the region of £4400.
          Cons
          This is bound to be vigorously argued over by BH, and will have to be referred to the FOS, I'm sure. It will then take a long time to be decided on, and I'm not confident that the FOS will uphold it in your favour, as I can think of no reason for the item 'SETTLEMENT ADJ.' to appear in the statements other than as a PPI Rebate. It will, however cost nothing to refer the claim to the FOS, so there is no risk - just the time factor.
          If you accept the 'PPI Rebates' as described, then I calculate the total claim quantum to be around £1375, which is around £3000 less, but much less likely to be argued against, and therefore should yield an early refund payment.

If you do decide to 'take the money and run,' you have a further choice. You can push for the £1375, in which case there may be a slight delay as they re-evaluate the claim - and they may then still refuse it. Or you can settle for the original offer of £1199.11 (which will eventually be just over £1200 by now) - as this is just £175 less than the £1375 I have calculated.

That's my take on it. Turbo may not be able to look at the figures himself until Monday, but have a think about the primary decision meanwhile. I would advise against phoning them - for the reason you gave. Get it all in writing, then you have time to think.

Comment

OK Di, this is what I've got. You have to make a choice as to whether you want to dispute the unaccounted-for (and apparently fictional) 'PPI Rebates or not.
            Pro's
            There is no record of these amounts in the statements, and no mention of the terms 'PPI' or 'Rebate' anywhere. If BH insist that their figures are correct, then what you were sent were NOT true statements of account, as the balances would now be different to those shown. So you could argue that this fictional 'PPI Rebate' was never given, as it was never shown in the statements of account. The 'SETTLEMENT ADJ. shown in the statements cannot be the PPI Rebate to which they refer, as it is not described as a rebate, and it is a different amount in each case.
            If this can be successfully argued, then I calculate that the total claim quantum would be in the region of £4400.
            Cons
            This is bound to be vigorously argued over by BH, and will have to be referred to the FOS, I'm sure. It will then take a long time to be decided on, and I'm not confident that the FOS will uphold it in your favour, as I can think of no reason for the item 'SETTLEMENT ADJ.' to appear in the statements other than as a PPI Rebate. It will, however cost nothing to refer the claim to the FOS, so there is no risk - just the time factor.
            If you accept the 'PPI Rebates' as described, then I calculate the total claim quantum to be around £1375, which is around £3000 less, but much less likely to be argued against, and therefore should yield an early refund payment.

If you do decide to 'take the money and run,' you have a further choice. You can push for the £1375, in which case there may be a slight delay as they re-evaluate the claim - and they may then still refuse it. Or you can settle for the original offer of £1199.11 (which will eventually be just over £1200 by now) - as this is just £175 less than the £1375 I have calculated.

That's my take on it. Turbo may not be able to look at the figures himself until Monday, but have a think about the primary decision meanwhile. I would advise against phoning them - for the reason you gave. Get it all in writing, then you have time to think.
            Hi Bill, thanks for this info but iv decided I am now going to take what they have offered and not argue with them any more, im not going to argue about £175 and I don't want to argue with them then the FOS regarding the rebate amounts when chances are the FOS will rule in favour of BH, I feel that it would be a waste of time. If I felt there was a guarantee then id fight them further but as there isn't I don't really see any choice but to accept there offer ( its cash I would have got anyway had I not perused this claim ) thanks for your input regarding this.
            Last edited by d1anne; 12th March 2013, 18:45:PM.

Comment

Well Di, I support your decision 100%. If you had decided to take them on, then I would equally have supported you. IMO, it was an academic exercise which needed to be carried out, in order for you to be able to make an informed decision, and I believe we achieved that, and you will hopefully not be left with niggling doubts later on over your acceptance of their offer. Well done for having the drive and the patience to check the offer out thoroughly, and I'm pleased and encouraged that you chose us to help with that.
              Enjoy your refund - and - CONGRATULATIONS on winning your claim !!!

Comment

I posted a few weeks ago on how I had decided to get in touch with MBNA, Capital One and Halifax regarding PPI for cards I had in the past, have received letters from them all acknowledging that they have received my claim forms, Capital One and MBNA saying that I will hear there response in 8 to ten weeks Halifax saying I would hear back in 4 weeks. Today I got a call from Halifax wanting further information, I informed them that I wasn't prepared to speak to them about this on the phone and if they put anything further to me in writing I would be happy to answer, needless to say by the attitude I got in return they were not happy with this reply and told me that IF I wouldn't answer any questions on the phone they would have no other option but to make the decision on the information they had, I told them that was fine and to do that and hung up........... I now await there reply in writing to my PPI complaint, I dare say they will, as they are known for doing, refuse my claim, I wont give up tho, If they do not state a reasonable explanation I will be writing back asking for the reasons....... ill keep you posted.

Comment

Well done, Di - they know they have the advantage when they phone you, I would be inclined to write to them explaining why you will not discuss confidential information on the phone, and insist that they have the courtesy to conduct matters in writing from now on. I usually quote all their security blurb about not giving confidential info out over the phone, and suggest that they follow their own example. You might perhaps say summat on the lines of: "I am sure you are aware that there is now a huge fraudulent Claims Management industry preying on people like myself, and I am very surprised that you insist that we conduct our business over the telephone in view of the risks these CMC's are currently subjecting us all to. I am sorry to take this stance, but I have been defrauded by a Claims Management Company before, and do not intend letting it happen again. I trust you can now understand my reasons, and will now continue our business in writing - in a fair and reasonable manner. Please be kind enough to put your questions to me in writing BEFORE making any decisions, and I will respond accordingly. For your convenience, I am quite happy for you to send me your questions via email, and I will reply by post."

To save any confusion, I think it would be good to start a separate thread for each of the new claims, as this makes it easier to follow them if "the going gets tough."

Comment

Well said Bill re CMC's, Exc and I are actually off to Burton on Trent to have a meeting with the MOJ/TS on Friday to sort out one or two very bad claims management companies who are breaking all the rules. my motto is never give any personal details on the phone.

Well done, Di - they know they have the advantage when they phone you, I would be inclined to write to them explaining why you will not discuss confidential information on the phone, and insist that they have the courtesy to conduct matters in writing from now on. I usually quote all their security blurb about not giving confidential info out over the phone, and suggest that they follow their own example. You might perhaps say summat on the lines of: "I am sure you are aware that there is now a huge fraudulent Claims Management industry preying on people like myself, and I am very surprised that you insist that we conduct our business over the telephone in view of the risks these CMC's are currently subjecting us all to. I am sorry to take this stance, but I have been defrauded by a Claims Management Company before, and do not intend letting it happen again. I trust you can now understand my reasons, and will now continue our business in writing - in a fair and reasonable manner. Please be kind enough to put your questions to me in writing BEFORE making any decisions, and I will respond accordingly. For your convenience, I am quite happy for you to send me your questions via email, and I will reply by post."

To save any confusion, I think it would be good to start a separate thread for each of the new claims, as this makes it easier to follow them if "the going gets tough."

Comment

Thank you, Tuttsi. Yes, I am aware that EXC arranged that meeting in Burton a while ago, and I'm pleased to see that you are able to accompany him to it - I can't think of a better person to do that. I hope all goes well for you.
                      Originally posted by TUTTSI
                      never give any personal details on the phone.
                      ...and I agree entirely.

Comment

its a bit the same problem with my husband the black horse was ask him to claim for PPi but when they get the money my husband get nothing from the money they claim they said it was paid for his the bankcrupcy but he was already cleared ages ago? any one can explain this to me pls?

Comment

Originally posted by mhilette09 View Post
                          its a bit the same problem with my husband the black horse was ask him to claim for PPi but when they get the money my husband get nothing from the money they claim they said it was paid for his the bankcrupcy but he was already cleared ages ago? any one can explain this to me pls?
                          I do believe that any money reclaimed from a lender that was part of the BR the money reclaimed will go to the OR even after BR has been discharged.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X