• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

how do start to claim back off these

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do start to claim back off these

Hi I had accounts with Barclays card 2004 to 2008, capital one, shop direct finance, and littlewoods direct card. All these accounts are completed and closed and im not sure if I ever had ppi on them ?. Accounts that iv had with my bank, iv phoned and they are dealing with then and seem straight forward. How do I go about seeing if I can claim ppi back or if I even had ppi on these accounts. many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: how do start to claim back off these

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
    Hi I had accounts with Barclays card 2004 to 2008, capital one, shop direct finance, and littlewoods direct card. All these accounts are completed and closed and im not sure if I ever had ppi on them ?. Accounts that iv had with my bank, iv phoned and they are dealing with then and seem straight forward. How do I go about seeing if I can claim ppi back or if I even had ppi on these accounts. many thanks.
    Hi and welcome.

Firstly try the free way of contacting each business by giving them a call, or call into the local branch, or even emailing some of them.
    You then give them as many details as possible and of what you can remember.
    Give your name, any name changes, addresses, date of birth etc and if you remember the years you may have taken them out and settled the accounts etc.

Otherwise you can request for the paperwork of each account by sending them a Subject Access Request (SAR), if you want to do this, maybe one of our folks can post up the relevant SAR template letter for you.
    With a SAR, for each business, you pay the fee of £10 cheque or postal order, and they have up to 40 calendar days to comply.
    If you had so many accounts with the same business, one SAR letter with one payment as stated above covers all, if you do not have the account numbers, then give them as much info as possible, in order for the to track down the details of your accounts.

Shop Direct deals with Littlewoods, but you can try emailing Littlewoods for the information here......
    help@littlewoods.co.uk

Mention both the direct card and shop direct finance.

With Barclays, I would call into your local branch at first and take it from there.

If you find that you did have PPI, and have reasons, come back for further help.

Good luck, and sorry for the delay in responding.

Comment

Re: how do start to claim back off these

thanks for the info, I will try contacting them tomorrow.I will update on outcome cheers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X