• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Hi Craig

Cheers for your pm and have just replied, good luck.

Comment

Hi Di, I am in process of writing to underwriters of my firstplus loan (cassidy davis) and would be really grateful if you could message me a copy of your template letter, thanks so much xx

Comment

Originally posted by Suzyhall9024 View Post
        Hi Di, I am in process of writing to underwriters of my firstplus loan (cassidy davis) and would be really grateful if you could message me a copy of your template letter, thanks so much xx
        I think Cassidy Davis are now Jubilee insurance.

Comment

Thanks for that Marshallka I dont suppose anyone has their address details?? I have googled them and there a loads of different addresses!! Dont want to delay it by sending to wrong address and if anyone has a copy of the template letter that Di used I would be really grateful for a copy of it xx

Comment

Still waiting for a response from Aviva:
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Bank-in-1995

Comment

AC, Aviva rejected ours at first, even though I had the origanal document that named Norwich Union.
              The refund was completly out of the blue!
              We are still fighting for the other alleged loan as Welcome appear to have rewritten it.
              Good luck!:beagle:
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                AC, Aviva rejected ours at first, even though I had the origanal document that named Norwich Union.
                The refund was completly out of the blue!
                We are still fighting for the other alleged loan as Welcome appear to have rewritten it.
                Good luck!:beagle:
                Yes, well we quite expect them to reject the claim at first, that is the game they play.
                However, the policy was mis-sold as the applicant had a pre-existing condition: chronic sciatica (backache) from about 1958 onward. And that is well documented on his GP notes...
                Was he asked if he had any pre-existing conditions?
                NO!
                He was also self employed at the time of applying for the Hamilton Direct Bank Loan:beagle:

Comment

Did go to FOS but then Aviva settled, all Welcome wanted to do was to get us to sign a new agreement which we were not prepared to do as they have never proved that the "new" alleged loan existed.
                  Also at the time we had the origanal loan ( got paper work for) I worked part time on the Nurse Bank on which would now be termed zero hours contract.

Comment

Hi all. I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I've been reading this thread with interest as I had accounts with Dorothy Perkins and Burtons which were through GE Capital. Unfortunately I got rid of all the paperwork when I finally paid off the accounts with a personal loan about 6 years ago so I am unable to find any account numbers or paperwork. I know that I did have ppi, I think it was called account protection insurance or something like that as I was made redundant from a job whilst I had these cards and rang them to try and make a claim. I didn't pursue it in the end as the paperwork was a nightmare and my younger, more naive self just couldn't be bothered with the hassle at the time. Anyway, I rang Santander today to see if they still held any account information for me, but despite giving them all my previous names and address details the chap at the end of the phone drew a blank and was unable to trace any record of me at all. Where do I go from here now? Should I send an SAR letter to see what that dredges up? I am sure it was mis-sold. I took both cards out it the respective shops, lured by the tempting offer of "10% off whatever you buy today" (I was a lot younger and greener back then!) at the till and I'm sure the assistant did not give me any info on the ppi. This was in about 1993/4 ish and I had both cards until about 2006 when they were cleared with a consolidation loan from my bank. Look forward to any advice. :tinysmile_grin_t:
                    Last edited by katelovescake; 8th October 2013, 15:23:PM.

Comment

Hi there

You could give it a chance by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the data dept. From what I am aware of like mine GE, its dealt with by Santander, so you can send them a SAR/data protection section.

Do you by any chance have any old banking statements?
                      You could find the account number of the account that way, through direct debits.
                      You bank may be able to track them down for you, so if your still with the same bank where you paid direct debt (if you repaid this way), try calling into your local bank and ask them to track down the info for you.

Santander will usually come back to say "no, cant find anything" if done verbally, yet I received information of my account also mid 90's from sending a SAR, okay not a lot came back but enough to get the details of the account number, the payments made etc.

However with the account being old, they still rejected by stating that, so i taken it to the Underwriter in my case was Genworth insurance and succeeded with them instead.
                      Santander on request will let you know the underwriter details. Give them a call, let me know and i can then give you further help from there.

PM me if I'm not about

Cheers.

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks for the advice. I usually used to pay them by cheque but I missed so many payments that I seem to remember that eventually I set up a DD so I wouldn't forget every month. Think I can only go back 6 years for bank statements online, but will have a little look and see. I've sent them a letter, not an SAR yet, (money a bit tight this month - hence the sudden desire to finally sort out the PPI business!) to see if they can find anything if I put it in writing. I've got all sorts of random paperwork upstairs somewhere so I *may* (fingers crossed) have an old statement or two lurking around somewhere. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                          Did go to FOS but then Aviva settled, all Welcome wanted to do was to get us to sign a new agreement which we were not prepared to do as they have never proved that the "new" alleged loan existed.
                          Also at the time we had the origanal loan ( got paper work for) I worked part time on the Nurse Bank on which would now be termed zero hours contract.
                          Just written back to AVIVA Re: Hamilton Direct Loan PPI;
                          it's like pass the parcel...!

Comment

Still going round in circles then AC?

Comment

Me too!:HOXmasFelf007:

Comment

Hi
                                on Friday i had a letter from Aviva suggesting they have reconsidered my complaint, as previously said they where not responsible, but now admit responsibility for the sale. But do not beliee it was mis-sold.
                                On Friday evenning had a phone call from the FOS stating they will no look at the merrits of the mis-sell asap.
                                Another step forward, never give up!!!
                                Gill x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X