• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Underwriter success PPI

Hey well done!! that is wonderful!!!

Comment

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum but have read this thread with interest.
      Myself and my husband took out a secured loan for £40k in ~November 2004 with PPI. Unbeknown to us at the time £10k PPI was added to the loan. I took out the loan over the phone with Freedom Finance and the loan itself was with Paragon. Since finding out about the PPI I have tried writing to Freedom Finance, Paragon, FSCS and FOS with no luck. THe ombudsman then suggested finding out who the underwriters' are and complaining to them. I then complained to Aviva who said it was nothing to do with them as they weren't party to the selling, so my claim is currently back with the ombudsman to see if they can build a case to prove the underwriter (Aviva) has responsibility. I was notice you have just had some success with Aviva Dogtired and wondered if you could offer me any advise please :-) thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
        Hi Di and every one,
        Success letter from Aviva today they wil offer redress on one of the accounts from Welcome, will not accept responabillity for the other as it "fell out of there jurisdiction" (thats the one we have no paper work for) the reason was that we were " among the small number of customers who received a misprinted insurance document which stated that Welcome Finance was acting as our agents in relation to PPI"
        :whoo:
        All with your help and FOS :hail:

Just Kensington to go then...
        :whoo::high5:Am so pleased for you DT!:okay:Hope the rest will also be over soon!:hugxx

Comment

And to you MissFM:hugx
          Had a strange call to FOS, they said that the reference was not the same as the complaint they have so could I please send them a copy of the offer letter!
          Will do this later but signed acceptance in the post!:lolx
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by mydoggyduky View Post
            Hi everyone i'm new to this forum but have read this thread with interest.
            Myself and my husband took out a secured loan for £40k in ~November 2004 with PPI. Unbeknown to us at the time £10k PPI was added to the loan. I took out the loan over the phone with Freedom Finance and the loan itself was with Paragon. Since finding out about the PPI I have tried writing to Freedom Finance, Paragon, FSCS and FOS with no luck. THe ombudsman then suggested finding out who the underwriters' are and complaining to them. I then complained to Aviva who said it was nothing to do with them as they weren't party to the selling, so my claim is currently back with the ombudsman to see if they can build a case to prove the underwriter (Aviva) has responsibility. I was notice you have just had some success with Aviva Dogtired and wondered if you could offer me any advise please :-) thankyou
            I used Dizzy Di's template.
            However Aviva did reject, just over a year ago now,I then took it too the FOS who seemed quite hopefull.
            The offer came, from Aviva, completly out of the blue!
            FOS do seem a tad confused and in another PPI claim have taken almost three years!
            It seems to be a matter of persistence and not giving up!

Comment

Thankyou, Do you think you would be able to point me in the direction of Dizzy Di's template if it's on here somewhere please? Yes I have had similar experiences with FOS!

Thanks again

I used Dizzy Di's template.
              However Aviva did reject, just over a year ago now,I then took it too the FOS who seemed quite hopefull.
              The offer came, from Aviva, completly out of the blue!
              FOS do seem a tad confused and in another PPI claim have taken almost three years!
              It seems to be a matter of persistence and not giving up!

Comment

I see, on another thread, you have got in touch with her.
                I think I was lucky that I actually had origanal documents that had "Norwich Union" within them.
                Go through yours again, if you can.
                As said in previous post the offer from them was out of the blue and we are still in dispute with anotheralleged loan from Welcome Finance which we have never had any paper work for.
                You could try pm ing Di, she is very helpful, hope you can sort it. xx

Comment

hi, yes sorry after I had replied to you I noticed Di had responded to another post I had put on another forum.

I will have a look at my documents tonight thankyou, which document was it that said Norwich Union on it? Was it the insurance certificate? I don't remember seeing any insurance company named the last time I looked all the paperwork just referenced Paragon?

Thanks again for your help

I see, on another thread, you have got in touch with her.
                  I think I was lucky that I actually had origanal documents that had "Norwich Union" within them.
                  Go through yours again, if you can.
                  As said in previous post the offer from them was out of the blue and we are still in didpute with another slleged loan from Welcome Finance which we have never had any paper work for.
                  You could try pm ing Di, she is very helpful, hope you can sort it. xx

Comment

Yes the so called " insurance document" others have said that Welcome did this and actually used Norwich Unions name on documents, they are still saying the disputed remaing loan is nothing to do with them however.
                    Paragon seem to be just as bad dont they, you may find a name in the small print though!

Comment

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Originally posted by mydoggyduky View Post
                      Thankyou, Do you think you would be able to point me in the direction of Dizzy Di's template if it's on here somewhere please? Yes I have had similar experiences with FOS!

Thanks again
                      Hi there
                      Just pm'd you now with a copy of my letter, good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by lisa-G View Post
                        Hi Di, Thanks for getting in touch. I rang Santander earlier and they said the insurer/underwriter was Genworth Financial. In relation to the letter that they sent me previously they said amongst other things, ' process we had in place was to make clear it was not compulsory, 30 day no quibble guarantee where product may be cancelled, insurance has clearly been shown on all statements, and could have been cancelled and claim made at any time, no requirement on them to record sales process, insurance was upgraded on jan 2000 and June 2003 and new terms & conditions would have been issued on these occasions!'. Is this pretty standard and do you think I have a claim against Underwriter? Thanks Again, look forward to hearing from you.
                        Hi Lisa

Sorry if I missed this, can't recall if I pm'd you now or not, if not let me know and I shall forward my letter details to help you x

Comment

Hi folks

Apologies for this being my first post but I have been reading this with huge interest due to my problems in a similar case. My wife had a Dorothy Perkins card with PPI (Acc Cover shown on the statements)and I have approached Santander cards due to misselling and was told to get lost. Effectively! This is despite this product being pushed by a girl in a store with the "everything you buy is pay nothing today and you get an extra 10% off!" So Santander binned me and I was referred to FLA who seem pretty hopeless and done nothing. So thinking that was as far as I could go and having to clear my house due to dry rot in the floorboards I binned most of the documents. However I kept the T&C's and it shows that the underwriters were Financial Assurance Company Limited which is better known as Genworth. So my question is, do you think it would be worth approaching Genworth or did I mess up by leaving it so long since my FLA letter of rejection? It was received in January this year.

Di you seem to have a knack for pointing people in the right direction and I'd be interested to hear your (and everyones) thoughts. If you think its worthwhile trying it, would you mind sending me a copy of your draft letter to give me an idea of what to refer to?

Its not a big case, but considering its the worst case of misselling it really gets on my goat that Santander (GE Bank) can get away with fobbing people off.

All the best folks

Comment

I spoke to fos. They advised send it onto gemworth. I didnt do covering letter. Just sent FOS form and rejection letter from Santander.

It wasnt a big amount - c £600

Gemworth wrote back last week and I shd have money 30 days

Go for it!

Comment

Cheque from Aviva arrived on Saturday!
                              One puzzling thing, offer letter dated fifth of June cheque tenth!
                              Off to the bank as soon as they open xxxxx

Comment

Well done, dt!

I guess the drinks are on you, then!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X