• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Underwriter success PPI

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
    SUCCESS Cardiff Pinnacle have said they are responsible for the sale of the PPI with GE mone/First national, after appeating to the CEO They contacted me today to let me know that I will receive redress for 2 loans, 1 is still active. A big thank you to L/B, and Di as it was all your advice that has helped, A donation will spoon be on the way

It can be done !!!!
    Gill x
    Fantastic news, Well done. Fingers and toes crossed still her! x
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Had a reply from 1. FOS regarding Aviva, they are still pursuing ours and others against various insurers.
      They also say that some insurers have admitted liability others have not and that they are still attempting to look into this.
      2. Kensington have denyed any invovement with the "brokers" yet in the terms and conditions it states that Kensington were trading as TML. In our copy of the origanal "offer" mortgage protection was added but this is not on the actual document from Kensington although the figures actually match, if that makes sense
      Keep on reaching a dead end with this one so have an appointment with CAB next week.
      Last edited by dogtired; 27th March 2013, 19:38:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thank you Di and dogtired Have you tried writting directly to the c e mark wilson of aviva and the c e of the other companies, this is how i got a result from cardiff pinnacle and ge money. good luck.
        Gill x

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
          Thank you Di and dogtired Have you tried writting directly to the c e mark wilson of aviva and the c e of the other companies, this is how i got a result from cardiff pinnacle and ge money. good luck.
          Gill x
          Yes with Aviva, now with FOS.
          No with Kensington as yet, will try to find out who the CE is later x

Comment

I have not really found this out information appears to be out of date so far. Been in touch with FOS today and they seem hopeful re miss sell both for the mortgage product and "PPI" They advised calling Kensington to talk about a payment plan and I have done this as well. We will get there it may take a while but we will help and support always here with the occasional telling off!
            Last edited by dogtired; 28th March 2013, 19:05:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Forms from FOS received spent yesterday filling it in locating, scanning and printing!
              BUT it shows how busy they are as I also had an e mail responce re the Aviva one which I sent last month.

Comment

Hi There,

New to this forum - having trouble with Cardif Pinnacle myself, had letter to say I am out of 3 yr time limit from when I noticed PPI on loan. I am also wanting to email CEO and was wondering if I could get a copy of letter you sent.

Comment

Hi Di,
                  Could you please send me a template as well? re Underwriter claim. many thanks

Comment

Hi there
                    I shall pm you shortly

Comment

Hi All, I'm new to the forum looking for advice - having trouble with Santander and have received seemingly their standard declining response letter, following ppi claims for Debenhams, House of Fraser and Dorothy Perkins store cards that I took out in 1995 and 1999. I seem to remember taking out all of the cards instore when a sales assistant offered '10 percent of your purchase today'. I stupidly just signed where the assistant told me to and where they had placed X's. Now looking into it I was actually a full time student when the first card was taken out and so it wouldn't have been suitable for me in the first place, so obviously the assistant didn't ask if I was employed! If anyone can advice me where or what to do next I'd much appreciate it. Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lisa-G View Post
                        Hi All, I'm new to the forum looking for advice - having trouble with Santander and have received seemingly their standard declining response letter, following ppi claims for Debenhams, House of Fraser and Dorothy Perkins store cards that I took out in 1995 and 1999. I seem to remember taking out all of the cards instore when a sales assistant offered '10 percent of your purchase today'. I stupidly just signed where the assistant told me to and where they had placed X's. Now looking into it I was actually a full time student when the first card was taken out and so it wouldn't have been suitable for me in the first place, so obviously the assistant didn't ask if I was employed! If anyone can advice me where or what to do next I'd much appreciate it. Many Thanks
                        Hi Lisa and welcome.

Santander dealing with older accounts seem to send these generic standard fob off letters, mainly down to the timescales etc.
                        I have dealt with them in regards of GE Cap bank and it was the same, so I taken it to the insurer/underwriter, and was successful.

You will need to find out who the insurer/underwriter was of your account by asking Santander, they should as they did with me, let you know on request.
                        From there let me know you have this and I can PM you with my letter to give you an idea on the type of letter to send them.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing from you.

Mine was a very old case as well by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Okay folks, after Santander rejecting the GE capital bank complaint, due to lapsed time and they could not track down the info on the account, and the fact they were not FSA regulated, I forwarded my case on to both FLA and the Underwriter/insurer - namely Genworth Insurance.
                          The FLA letter arrived today and they could not do anything about it, (as to be expected) and at the same time another letter arrived from Genworth!!

They accepted the liability or joint liability with GE and will be paying refund in full.

Bear in mind, this account was taken out 1997 and ended 2005, PPI suddenly appeared on store card statements about a year after the store card was taken out.

Not a massive amount but happy anyway, and it's the principle of it.

See it can be done via underwriter if all else fails, if complaint worded correctly.
                          With Genworth it had only taken a little over 2 weeks to resolve.
                          Hi Di

I am in a similar position re santander who took over GE with my Laura Ashley card. Card was taken out in 2001

The FOS have recommended writing to the underwriter who is also gemworth

Would it be cheeky of me to ask for a copy of your letter by PM? Bit new to all of this so if I could yours as a template I would be very grateful

Thanks

Comment

Hi Di, Thanks for getting in touch. I rang Santander earlier and they said the insurer/underwriter was Genworth Financial. In relation to the letter that they sent me previously they said amongst other things, ' process we had in place was to make clear it was not compulsory, 30 day no quibble guarantee where product may be cancelled, insurance has clearly been shown on all statements, and could have been cancelled and claim made at any time, no requirement on them to record sales process, insurance was upgraded on jan 2000 and June 2003 and new terms & conditions would have been issued on these occasions!'. Is this pretty standard and do you think I have a claim against Underwriter? Thanks Again, look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Di and every one,
                              Success letter from Aviva today they wil offer redress on one of the accounts from Welcome, will not accept responabillity for the other as it "fell out of there jurisdiction" (thats the one we have no paper work for) the reason was that we were " among the small number of customers who received a misprinted insurance document which stated that Welcome Finance was acting as our agents in relation to PPI"
                              :whoo:
                              All with your help and FOS :hail:

Just Kensington to go then...
                              Last edited by dogtired; 15th June 2013, 20:13:PM. Reason: spelling adding and removing content

Comment

Well done and congrats, DT !!! :first:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X