• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Thank you, Di, our sparkling star.
    So far that letter you wrote has helped so many people.
    I hope Stormy will become one of them.
    best of luck, Stormy.
    Xx

Comment

• Paragon PPI/Freedom Finance/FSCS dilema

Originally posted by Victoria27 View Post
      Thank you, Di, our sparkling star.
      So far that letter you wrote has helped so many people.
      I hope Stormy will become one of them.
      best of luck, Stormy.
      Xx
      Hi Di et all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I took out a secured loan 30k in 2004 and have the paperwork which shows 5100 was added as ppi, i have called them to make a claim and they fobbed me off saying their broker/agent was Freedom Finance (who are now no longer in businesss) so i had to call the financial services scheme (FSCS) who say they only deal with claims from Jan 2005. I have just written to the Ombudsman to seek advice also.

I have asked for a settlement figure from Paragon and they tell me its 36k still so massive interest was paid on the loan over the years it seems and nothing actually has been paid off to date, with their fees for early settlement etc its now more than i initially took out.

Would appreciate any help and advice please

Thanks

Paul

Comment

• Re: Paragon PPI/Freedom Finance/FSCS dilema

Originally posted by harrispaul View Post
        Hi Di et all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I took out a secured loan 30k in 2004 and have the paperwork which shows 5100 was added as ppi, i have called them to make a claim and they fobbed me off saying their broker/agent was Freedom Finance (who are now no longer in businesss) so i had to call the financial services scheme (FSCS) who say they only deal with claims from Jan 2005. I have just written to the Ombudsman to seek advice also.

I have asked for a settlement figure from Paragon and they tell me its 36k still so massive interest was paid on the loan over the years it seems and nothing actually has been paid off to date, with their fees for early settlement etc its now more than i initially took out.

Would appreciate any help and advice please

Thanks

Paul
        Hi and welcome to LB Paul.

That's a lot of money!
        Now I believe in circumstances like this one, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will suggest the Underwriter/Insurer. You can of course ask the FOS to help you with this, as they will also try to establish who the underwriter was/is, but left to the FOS it may take some time.

So what I would do is make sure with the business (lender) who the underwriter was for your policy, they must provide these to you on request.

It is usually the broker's liability, as they set up the application, then forward the application to the relevant lender, where the lender takes/debits the monthly repayments, however, they do also have an underwriter to check applications and to make sure the policy is suitable for you, so in this case they do have some liabilities. (But it can still be a little tougher when dealing with them, but we need to perservere and keep at them).

I will message you/PM you with my letter I used to one of my underwriters, as you will see the wording is important and differs when going the underwriter avenue, but we have to stand our ground.

Give me a few moments to dig this out and i shall inbox message you, hope that is okay and wishing you luck.

Comment

• Re: Paragon PPI/Freedom Finance/FSCS dilema

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hi and welcome to LB Paul.

That's a lot of money!
          Now I believe in circumstances like this one, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will suggest the Underwriter/Insurer. You can of course ask the FOS to help you with this, as they will also try to establish who the underwriter was/is, but left to the FOS it may take some time.

So what I would do is make sure with the business (lender) who the underwriter was for your policy, they must provide these to you on request.

It is usually the broker's liability, as they set up the application, then forward the application to the relevant lender, where the lender takes/debits the monthly repayments, however, they do also have an underwriter to check applications and to make sure the policy is suitable for you, so in this case they do have some liabilities. (But it can still be a little tougher when dealing with them, but we need to perservere and keep at them).

I will message you/PM you with my letter I used to one of my underwriters, as you will see the wording is important and differs when going the underwriter avenue, but we have to stand our ground.

Give me a few moments to dig this out and i shall inbox message you, hope that is okay and wishing you luck.
          Many thanks Di, i will contact PAragon and ask them who the underwriter was/is and draft a letter to them. Once the FOS answer i will also let them know incase they can get things moving.

Comment

Your very welcome , and also thanks for pm. Do ask as well if further help is required, and if you can also keep us updated too, thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to claim ppi sold in 2000 by first national by a windows salesperson. Back in January this year I sent a letter to Cardiff pinnacle who sold the insurance with a template ppi form and they wrote back saying they were passing it to aviva. On reading posts on this site it appears avivas response letters are pretty standard as I've received the same letters and I've now just received two letters in the same envelope from them, both turning me down but one admitting responsibility and the other not! I'm not sure now whether to go to the fso or back to pinnacle? Di30 has kindly sent me her template letter and I know I don't have much chance as it's pre 2005, but thought I'd try. Any thoughts much appreciated?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdee View Post
                Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to claim ppi sold in 2000 by first national by a windows salesperson. Back in January this year I sent a letter to Cardiff pinnacle who sold the insurance with a template ppi form and they wrote back saying they were passing it to aviva. On reading posts on this site it appears avivas response letters are pretty standard as I've received the same letters and I've now just received two letters in the same envelope from them, both turning me down but one admitting responsibility and the other not! I'm not sure now whether to go to the fso or back to pinnacle? Di30 has kindly sent me her template letter and I know I don't have much chance as it's pre 2005, but thought I'd try. Any thoughts much appreciated?
                Hiya and not a problem about the template :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                I did note you mentioned First National, have you tried to pursue them? It sounds likely they applied the insurance to the finance (so they choose one of their reputable insurers), so if they set up the applications, its likely they put on the ppi as well.

Just a thought and a suggestion to try them, but as you know it can be tricky if they are pre 2005 sales and not FSA regulated, as the FOS will only be able to adjudicate complaints if they were FSA regulated, however insurers/underwriters do usually come under the regulation, where if it fails with rejections through underwriters/insurers you can take your complaint to the FOS later on.

We do also suggest before going to the FOS, to give the Chief Executive officers (CEO) of the business you complained to, and ask for them to review by about 14 days, if they fail to overturn the decision in your favour, then complain to the FOS :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hope this info helps you x

Comment

Hi Di
                  Can you help me/advise me I made a ppi claim against First PLus who claimed nothing to do with them and passed me back to the brokerage Blue sky who again deny PPI even tho I had the evidence sent the claim to FOS but due to Blue Sky was not regulated till 2005 and my loan was opened in 2003 they have said they can not do anything unless I find a third party (FOS Words) i think they mean the underwriters do I have to claim from Blue Sky and First Plus? How do I go about finding the underwriters and do you have a template of what I put in these letters the FOS has said it may take 7 years plus but Blue Sky charged us £14,524.00 which was then put on to the debt which was a secured loan of 50,000.00. I hope you don't mind but you do seem to have had a brilliant record in these kind of cases.
                  Sue Oliver

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Oliver View Post
                    Hi Di
                    Can you help me/advise me I made a ppi claim against First PLus who claimed nothing to do with them and passed me back to the brokerage Blue sky who again deny PPI even tho I had the evidence sent the claim to FOS but due to Blue Sky was not regulated till 2005 and my loan was opened in 2003 they have said they can not do anything unless I find a third party (FOS Words) i think they mean the underwriters do I have to claim from Blue Sky and First Plus? How do I go about finding the underwriters and do you have a template of what I put in these letters the FOS has said it may take 7 years plus but Blue Sky charged us £14,524.00 which was then put on to the debt which was a secured loan of 50,000.00. I hope you don't mind but you do seem to have had a brilliant record in these kind of cases.
                    Sue Oliver
                    Hi Sue

Not a problem.
                    You can ask the lender for the details of the underwriter/insurer, they must give you these details on request, as soon as you have these details, let me know and I can then guide you from there with a letter, as its going to be all dowh to the wording when going this avenue, on making a reclaim .:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi
                      I am trying to Claim ppi from 1997 the insurer was RSA, the broker is no longer trading hence I am trying to get the underwriter to take responsibility! It's very unfair that they allowed these policies to be sold by unregulated agents, I feel they have let me down on their duty of care to customers! They have sent a form to me to put my complaint to them but I want to be sure I word the details correctly to have max impact! Any advise or help would be very welcomed!!

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                        the best person to advise about that is our amazing Di.
                        I am sure she'll be along soon.

best,

Victoria

Comment

Sue Oliver and Rosch, please PM me if you wish to see the letter, cheers.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to PM the letter sent to Aviva regarding the PPI & Medical Insurance you had with Welcome.

I took out my first loan with them 18/08/2002 and again in 14/01/2003 and have said the following:

"Upon further review, Welcome Finance are unable to answer a complaint regarding the sale of insurances attached to your loans. This is beacause Welcome Finance were not regulated to sell insurance until the 27th February 2003 when they signed up to the voluntary General Insurance Standards Council (GISC).

This means that the responsibility for investigating your complaint lies with the insurance provider, Aviva, as prior to the 27th February 2003 responsibility for the sale of insurances lies with the insurance provider, not the broker who sold it."

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                              The best person to advise and help you with this letter is our Di.
                              She is the top expert, who really knows that route and who have already helped a lot of people in that situation to get the refunds.
                              I believe she'll be along soon.
                              I'll let her know about your post as well.
                              Best,

Victoria

Comment

Hi Solom2003

And welcome. Thank you Victoria my lovely for alerting me the other day x

Did you get my letter by PM? :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X