• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Still going round in circles then AC?
    Afraid so, Di!

We sent "your" letter (adapted) to the Company Secretary, plus made a s77 CCA Request.
    The response was on a flimsy thin piece of copy paper: Bog Off and rambling on about a SAR/DPA that was not made.
    The template letter was clearly written by a numbskull who doesn't know one "Act" from another...

Anyhow, all docs are going back to them along with one of my specially written letters; firing arrows!

Very Naughty, all these firms seem to want is to pass the buck to the FOS, when they really should be dealing with same in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Me too!:HOXmasFelf007:
      Keep going, dogtired!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        Keep going, dogtired!!!
        I will!
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Letter arrived today that purports to be from the CEOs office of AVIVA General Insurance, PO Box 78, Surrey Street, Norwich NR1 3EB; sounds like the old Norwich Union Building?
          http://www.norwich12.co.uk/surrey-house/Unfortunately, no answers are contained in same:
          "In order that we can gain a better understanding of your concerns, please could you complete the attached FOS Consumer Questionnaire and our Supplementary Questionnaire. These must be returned within the next 14 days." (The letter is dated 07/10/13) therefore they have allowed 3 days taking us to Monday 21/10/13.

Of course, the FOS PPI Questionnaire has already been provided!!!?

Can you just imagine the difficulties encountered when making any insurance claim to firms like this; the firms are too Bog! Freudian slip, I meant Big:beagle:
          Still going 'round in circles...

Comment

Hi there

You could give it a chance by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the data dept. From what I am aware of like mine GE, its dealt with by Santander, so you can send them a SAR/data protection section.

Do you by any chance have any old banking statements?
            You could find the account number of the account that way, through direct debits.
            You bank may be able to track them down for you, so if your still with the same bank where you paid direct debt (if you repaid this way), try calling into your local bank and ask them to track down the info for you.

Santander will usually come back to say "no, cant find anything" if done verbally, yet I received information of my account also mid 90's from sending a SAR, okay not a lot came back but enough to get the details of the account number, the payments made etc.

However with the account being old, they still rejected by stating that, so i taken it to the Underwriter in my case was Genworth insurance and succeeded with them instead.

Santander on request will let you know the underwriter details. Give them a call, let me know and i can then give you further help from there.

PM me if I'm not about

Cheers.

OK, I contacted Santander who managed to find out the old account numbers and looked into my complaint. Surprise, surprise it has been rejected as it was a non-advised sale, given all the info, cooling off period etc, etc. I still do not agree as I do not consider a rush job, by a junior member of staff, at a busy till a valid way of selling such a policy. Anyway, apparently the underwriter was Genworth and I can see that contacting them may be the way forward now. I would be really grateful if you could pm me any letters or advice that would help me to claim from them instead.

3 rejections in two days - I will NOT let them beat me!!

Comment

Hi All, Been following this for some time now and looking for guidance please...

I've had the normal rejection from "Satan" der and decided to contact Genworth (I believe they were the underwriters). I've now had the rejection from them. I signed up in store for a Debenhams card back in 97 and didn't tick the PPI box. There was al ine throgh it when Santander sent me a copy of it. Genworth suggested (as did Santander) that I would have known about the PPI becuase it shows clearly on my statements. and the terms of the PPI cover was supplied 30 days after signing up and it would have been up to me to assess whether it was suitable. I would also have had the option to cancel it post taking the card. Therefore they declined to offer any redress.

Any idea what my options are now. Being prior to 2005 FOS can't help I guess and aparently FLA are a waste of time.

Di - I see mention of a template letter in earlier posts - Is this something I could get a copy of if it would be useful.

I'd like to follow the route of mis-sold on the basis that no questions were asked of current health or employment status etc - I was actually self employeed since 1996.

Any Advice would be greatfully received.

Comment

Originally posted by comports View Post
                Hi All, Been following this for some time now and looking for guidance please...

I've had the normal rejection from "Satan" der and decided to contact Genworth (I believe they were the underwriters). I've now had the rejection from them. I signed up in store for a Debenhams card back in 97 and didn't tick the PPI box. There was al ine throgh it when Santander sent me a copy of it. Genworth suggested (as did Santander) that I would have known about the PPI becuase it shows clearly on my statements. and the terms of the PPI cover was supplied 30 days after signing up and it would have been up to me to assess whether it was suitable. I would also have had the option to cancel it post taking the card. Therefore they declined to offer any redress.

Any idea what my options are now. Being prior to 2005 FOS can't help I guess and aparently FLA are a waste of time.

Di - I see mention of a template letter in earlier posts - Is this something I could get a copy of if it would be useful.

I'd like to follow the route of mis-sold on the basis that no questions were asked of current health or employment status etc - I was actually self employeed since 1996.

Any Advice would be greatfully received.
                Hi there
                Yes i can pm you with my letter and you can see that the wording is important, because the underwriter never actually directly sold you the ppi, they DO have some joint liabilities, as you will note in my letter what I mean.
                I did succeed and hopefully you will do this time round, however as they have rejected you, when writing to Genworth address it to The Manager or Chief Executive Officer (CEO of the business) and ask them to review.

I will pm you my letter now shortly. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Di
                x

Comment

Hi there
                  Yes i can pm you with my letter and you can see that the wording is important, because the underwriter never actually directly sold you the ppi, they DO have some joint liabilities, as you will note in my letter what I mean.
                  I did succeed and hopefully you will do this time round, however as they have rejected you, when writing to Genworth address it to The Manager or Chief Executive Officer (CEO of the business) and ask them to review.

Di
                  x
                  Many Thanks Di - I'll let youknow how I get on..!

Comment

Hi there

Di
                    x
                    Hi

Ive got exactly the same situation - found old statements for a Debenhams card as evidence tho

Santander Cards rejected me straight away saying the had insuffient evidence that id been mis-sold

Went to Genworth who seemed very good talking to them on the phone, asked for scans of Santander letters and said they would deal the same day, but got the rejection letter yesterday saying that I was aware of the policy and the terms

So could you give me a copy of the letter you mentioned for me to try with the CEO

Much appreciated

Comment

Hiya
                      I shall dig it out for you and message you shortly x:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Good afternoon all,

may I ask you to have a look at the Santander underwriters thread? There you will see some posts from Victoria and myself. I too have received the rejections from Santander and Genworth...... I have now written to the CEO Santander, quoting the information (which you will find in the posts mentioned above) and asking how they can say their sales processes were correct? It is true that after a week I have not had the courtesy of a reply but, I believe that it is certainly worth doing. Do that as well as using Di's letter.

good luck
                        :beagle:

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm not quite sure if I can take my case any further? I was mis-sold PPI on a dorothy perkins card in 2002, santander have sent me their final decision of 'NO', Genworth have sent me their decision of 'NO', the FOS say 'sorry we can't help you' and the FLA say 'sorry we can't help you either'!
                          I feel as if i've tried every avenue but with no results, when I took out the card I was a student and was told the 'account cover' was compulsory with the card in a very rushed transaction at the busy till and feel that this was very wrong, is there anything else I can do? Further letters? I heard a few of you referring to a template to send to the CEO, would this be a good idea? If yes would you be kind enough to message it to me please,
                          Thank you so much xxx :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by bellycakes View Post
                            Hi everyone!

I'm not quite sure if I can take my case any further? I was mis-sold PPI on a dorothy perkins card in 2002, santander have sent me their final decision of 'NO', Genworth have sent me their decision of 'NO', the FOS say 'sorry we can't help you' and the FLA say 'sorry we can't help you either'!
                            I feel as if i've tried every avenue but with no results, when I took out the card I was a student and was told the 'account cover' was compulsory with the card in a very rushed transaction at the busy till and feel that this was very wrong, is there anything else I can do? Further letters? I heard a few of you referring to a template to send to the CEO, would this be a good idea? If yes would you be kind enough to message it to me please,
                            Thank you so much xxx :tinysmile_grin_t:
                            Hi and welcome and sorry about rejection of your complaint.

I note you said that the FOS said no, did you actually take your complaint to them or did they say no they reject it for some reason, or that they could not establish the relationship from them to the broker?

Did you also take this to Santander first as well? If so read the other thread on here in the ppi section and there is a thread of posting your own experience of dealing with these businesses, such as Santander, if you also post on there as we are trying to work on this company and Genworth as well thanks x

Comment

Hi and welcome and sorry about rejection of your complaint.

I note you said that the FOS said no, did you actually take your complaint to them or did they say no they reject it for some reason, or that they could not establish the relationship from them to the broker?

Did you also take this to Santander first as well? If so read the other thread on here in the ppi section and there is a thread of posting your own experience of dealing with these businesses, such as Santander, if you also post on there as we are trying to work on this company and Genworth as well thanks x
                              Thanks so much for your reply :tinysmile_grin_t:
                              I contacted the FOS by phone they told me to fill out the relevant questionnaires and forms and send to them, they replied very quickly by post stating 'Based on the information you have provided it looks like we can't consider your complaint against the business that sold you the PPI. This is because your PPI policy was sold to you before 14 January 2005 - the date when all businesses selling insurance became regulated and had to follow specific rules on how they sold insurance'
                              I went to santander first, then genworth, then FOS, then FLA,
                              So it looks like it's just a fight against me and santander or genworth!
                              I'm not great with letters and wording stuff so not sure who to write to and what to say, but I will definately check out the other threads, thanks x

Comment

Hi there
                                thank you for your details.

I was one of the fortunate ones to be successful via Genworth and I've known of others too, but recently it does seem they are getting tougher and going along with the other business that rejected, so on the other thread i applied you will find it interesting and with the underwriter its all about the wording, because they do not want to hold the responsibility of them actually selling the policy to you, because as we know it is down to the broker, but the point is they still had joint liabilities.

I will of course send you my letter is you wish to take a look and maybe it will help you on the wording of the letter, let me know and also worth out checking the other threads as stated as well. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X