• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

40+ days and no reply to my sar letter to egg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40+ days and no reply to my sar letter to egg

Anyone else having problems getting SAR response from Egg?

I used the template letter and sent recorded delivery with £10 cheque.

Letter tracked as arriving on 28 August and cheque cashed shortly thereafter.

I have not had any correspondance at all so wrote them again once the 40 days was up.

Is there anything else I can do to speed things up? I also tried calling customer care but got a recorded message. Anyone got a number for Egg that will get through to an advisor?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: 40+ days and no reply to my sar letter to egg

where did you send the SAR TO FOR EGG

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
      where did you send the SAR TO FOR EGG
      Sent it to the Derby office DE00 3AL

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon151 View Post
        Sent it to the Derby office DE00 3AL
        Typo -- DE99 3AL

Comment

LETTER BEFORE ACTION
          Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject access request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

Comment

Hi Chameleon,
            The usual procedure is to send the DSAR to the Data Controller. This may or may not be the bank's head office. I believe Egg cards are now owned and administered by Barclays, so I think the DSAR should have ideally been sent to:

The Data Controller
            Barclays Bank plc
            1 Churchill Place
            London
            E14 5HP

It may well be that the Egg office has forwarded the DSAR to Barclays, but they should have told you of this if they had. I would write to the Egg office, and to Barclaycard, enclosing copies of the DSAR, and ask them to urgently investigate and reply ASAP. Whoever cashed the cheque has responsibility for this, IMO.

Comment

Totally agree with the above Bill except one bit . Under the DPA, the Data Controller is personally responsible for the actions of his staff - making sure they're adequately trained for the data they're handling, etc... The only person responsible IMO is the Data Controller. :billk:

Comment

Agreed, Labman. I meant 'whichever firm cashed the cheque.' It's a corporate responsibility initially, I believe, but ultimately the personal responsibility of the Data Controller theirself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X