• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle Claims Refunds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifestyle Claims Refunds

I have been tryong to get £1,199.96 back from Lifestyle for over two months now. Despite many promises that we would receive a cheque within 30 working days this did not happen and since 10th September the staff at Lifestyle Claims Customer Services desk have been saying that they are having problems with the installation of a new IT system that the MOJ told them they had to install. Although I have been told on many occasions that the supervisor, Matthew, will get back to me this has not happened. I put a complaint in to Lifestyle and I am awaiting their response due after 4 weeks on 11th October. I contacted the MOJ, CAM & TS but they all said to wait for the response from Lifestyle before getting back to them. I have tried to phone Lifestyle again this morning and I have been cut off twice. What else can I do to get my money back?
    Tags: None

Re: Lifestyle Claims Refunds

Hi Kagy, sorry about your dealings with these people but you are not alone please have a read of the info oh this thread

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...earchid=133091

The person who deals mostly with this kind of thing is on holiday at the moment but I have forwarded your post to her and also someone else who is up to speed with this situation.
    Enaid x

Comment

Hi Kagy

You should call your credit card provider where you paid the money from as under section 75 as Lifestyle Money they have not provided you with a service, you are entitled for them to refund you in full.

I would also send Lifestyle Claims an email to day advising them they have not dealt with your claim for a refund in a timely manner give them dates and times and advise them that unless you receive a full refund in next 24 hours credited back to your credit card you will bring this matter to the attention of the MOJ as you understand that they are being monitored as part of the MOJ commitment to ensure that they deal with customer complaints properly as part of their authorisation. Keep everything in writing with these people as they can deny that you ever spoke to them.

If you have no satisfaction please post back and advise then we will take it to the next stage.

Thanks Enaid for bringing this to my attention.

Originally posted by Kagy View Post
      I have been tryong to get £1,199.96 back from Lifestyle for over two months now. Despite many promises that we would receive a cheque within 30 working days this did not happen and since 10th September the staff at Lifestyle Claims Customer Services desk have been saying that they are having problems with the installation of a new IT system that the MOJ told them they had to install. Although I have been told on many occasions that the supervisor, Matthew, will get back to me this has not happened. I put a complaint in to Lifestyle and I am awaiting their response due after 4 weeks on 11th October. I contacted the MOJ, CAM & TS but they all said to wait for the response from Lifestyle before getting back to them. I have tried to phone Lifestyle again this morning and I have been cut off twice. What else can I do to get my money back?

Comment

Firstly I would echo what Tuttsi has advised and call your credit card company and ask them to reverse the transaction under section 75 of the Consumer credit Act (see here for more information (http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...y-credit-card/ )

It would be helpful if you could provide us with the following:

1) How was the 1,199.96 broken down i.e. 3 x £399.99?

2) Did you receive any documentation before the amount was debited?

3) Was the paperwork you got from Lifestyle Claims or Lifestyle Money and what was the name of the company that appeared against the debit on your credit card statement?

4) Did you receive any promises to pay you back in writing?

5) What method did you use to make your original complaint - phone, post or e-mail?

Comment

Been trying to contact them for months regarding my refund only to find out yesterday that they have gone into administration

Comment

If you pay by credit card

If the retailer/supplier has gone bust
            Here it is quite clear cut, you can't go to anyone else so the only option is to claim off the credit card company. Call it up and politely explain what you're doing, do ensure you invoke the rules though, actually say "I am making a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act". It should then send you a claim form in the post.
            Sometimes the card company will tell you it will try and reclaim the cash from the company in administration. You can simply answer, "great news, I wish you the best of luck. However you are completely liable for my goods yourself, and I would like the full amount I'm entitled to

please, regardless of that claim."

You can make a claim as soon as you know about the administration, even if the good has not been delivered or service has not taken place, under something called 'anticipatory breach' (you know you're going to be out of pocket). If the card provider questions this, tell it you're going to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman

More info here
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-should-you-do

Comment

The above does not apply if you used a debit card, you would have to use the chargeback facility.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X