• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Goldfish PPI Complaint Upheld! Not entitled to refund.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldfish PPI Complaint Upheld! Not entitled to refund.

Evening all,

As the title suggests.

I held a Goldfish card from '97 to '09 and complained twice in that time that I didn't want PPI...it was never stopped.

I eventually complained to Barclays regarding this and received a letter back from them today saying that my complaint had been upheld as they had been "unable to establish whether or not PPI was suitable for you or properly explained to you when you took it out."

Suffice to say it wasn't.

However, despite upholding the complaint, I am not, apparently, entitled to a refund as "we see from our records that you have not paid any premiums to date".

Clearly during my original submission to Barclays I supplied many Goldfish statements on which Goldfish Payment Protection is clearly visible.

Delaying tactic or have I the totally wrong end of the stick?

Apologies for posting something that has probably been covered a million times, but I've hunted and can't find anything similar.

Yours,

etc.
    Tags: None

Re: Goldfish PPI Complaint Upheld! Not entitled to refund.

Can you give us the Date of the Agreement?

And the number of payments made since then please?----with last date

Originally posted by Herbitual View Post
    Evening all,

As the title suggests.

I held a Goldfish card from '97 to '09 and complained twice in that time that I didn't want PPI...it was never stopped.

I eventually complained to Barclays regarding this and received a letter back from them today saying that my complaint had been upheld as they had been "unable to establish whether or not PPI was suitable for you or properly explained to you when you took it out."

Suffice to say it wasn't.

However, despite upholding the complaint, I am not, apparently, entitled to a refund as "we see from our records that you have not paid any premiums to date".

Clearly during my original submission to Barclays I supplied many Goldfish statements on which Goldfish Payment Protection is clearly visible.

Delaying tactic or have I the totally wrong end of the stick?

Apologies for posting something that has probably been covered a million times, but I've hunted and can't find anything similar.

Yours,

etc.

Comment

And the main bit of your refusal letter please--so we can see in detail their arguments

Comment

Date of the agreement? I took the card in May 1997 and ended the agreement in Nov 2009. Is that what you mean? There won't have been many months in that time when a payment wasn't due....

The reason for the decision is:

" When we uphold a complaint about miss-sold PPI, we usually offer a refund of the insurance premiums paid, as well as interest on the premiums to date. We also offer 8% per year simple interest as compensation.

However, we see from our records that you have not paid any premiums towards your PPI policy so there is nothing to refund you. If you have any evidence....etc"

As I say, I think I may be barking up the wrong tree, but my statements clearly show Goldfish Payment Protection.

Not sure if that helps.

Comment

Sooooooo---are they saying you have not paid any PPI on your card ever?

Originally posted by Herbitual View Post
          Date of the agreement? I took the card in May 1997 and ended the agreement in Nov 2009. Is that what you mean? There won't have been many months in that time when a payment wasn't due....

The reason for the decision is:

" When we uphold a complaint about miss-sold PPI, we usually offer a refund of the insurance premiums paid, as well as interest on the premiums to date. We also offer 8% per year simple interest as compensation.

However, we see from our records that you have not paid any premiums towards your PPI policy so there is nothing to refund you. If you have any evidence....etc"

As I say, I think I may be barking up the wrong tree, but my statements clearly show Goldfish Payment Protection.

Not sure if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
            Sooooooo---are they saying you have not paid any PPI on your card ever?
            Yes.

Comment

You need to send them "copies" of what you do have, and tell them they failed with not looking into your complaint thoroughly, forward a copy to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ask what on earth are their complaint's team up to.

Comment

Just a quick note to say that I've now had my offer confirmed (£350) and am now awaiting payment.

I knew they'd see it my way in the end.

Interesting first denial from Barclays, though, but only mild persistance was required for them to re-open my case.

Comment

congrats on your success.... gives us hope to keep fighting!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X