• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

After getting a final response..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After getting a final response..............

Can I still go back and argue their decision or do I have to go straight to FOS?

Beagle puppy ! LOL
    Tags: None

Re: After getting a final response..............

I got a final decision from Lloyds, so I have gone to the FOS with mine, time is ticking away now, tick, tock.

Comment

The current practice now seems to be call their first 'fob-off' their final response. I have gone back and argued that this is against FSA rules, as they are not dealing with the complaint fairly. They really don't seem to care, and I think the next thing to do if that's the case is to write to the CEO. This sometimes gets them to act with a bit more courtesy, and can achieve a faster result than going via FOS. However, as Sapphire says, you can now refer it to the FOS, and the clock will then be ticking, with the ball in their court.

Comment

When I first started out on reclaming PPI, Lloyds at first rejected, then rejected to a final decision. They did confirm it was final and if now i wanted to complain to the FOS.

I noted they failed completely on the complaint and not taken into account my full reasons of why I wanted to make a reclaim.
        I made it clear to them, and within a few days they decided to uphold the complaint.

I worked on the reasons why they rejected the complaint, but they were not all listed, so if this applies to you, it may be worth you bringing this up with them, and send a copy to the CEO, by giving them just say 14 to 21 days max, then if they do not change the decision, or write back, move on to the FOS.

As you do have 6 months to complain to the FOS from the date on the final letter.

Good luck.

Comment

hi john here new to all this can you help me please what is fsa ceo and fos short for.thankyou

Comment

FSA - Financial Services Authority
            CEO - Chief Executive Officer (ie. top dog of the company )
            FOS - financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X