• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claims on Personal Loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claims on Personal Loans

Hi folks, just thought I'd share this with you.

Chances are it's posted elsewhere, but anyway it's with regards specifically to Payment Protection Insurance when applied to loans. Credit Cards etc I believe are an entirely different problem.

However, mis-selling of PPI on personal loans can be easier to prove. An awful lot of the policies sold by banks etc. were charged as a lump sum on drawdown of the loan (I used to work in a Bank, so I know this was the case where I was anyway however I wasn't involved in lending so please don't give me a hard time on the rights and wrongs of the banks doing this).

For example client borrows £10,000, and the PPI for the term of the loan might cost for example £1,000 (doesn't matter how much)

The CCA forms will specify the amount borrowed, plus the PPI often described as an additional 'premium loan'. The fact that this was deducted as a lump sum, and interest payable on it as well means that all of these types of loans are now in breach of the new consumer credit regulations, and the cover was therefore automatically mis-sold.

If you have a loan like this, then you can save some money by putting the claim in yourself rather than have a claims management company do it for you and charge a fee. Simples......
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X