• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

raggytash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raggytash

started a ppi claim mid Jan,told by claims company it would take 8/12 weeks to settle.6 months later i have still not had any contact from Capital One who provided the ppi.the claims company tell me not to bother them as doing sodelays my claim !!!..
    Tags: None

Re: raggytash

A lot of lenders are deluged by these claims at present. No surprise really given all the TV adverts! If your claims company is any good they should know what Capital One's timescales are like for this type of claim. Don't forget you are the paying customer here, so be firm with your claims company and insist on answers. Ask them how they intend to escalate your claim if Capital One don't respond quickly enough. Also, are you aware of how much your claims company will take as their fee on a successful conclusion?

Comment

Any problems, you can tell them you know you have the rights to contact Claims Regulation who regulate claims companies (I assume this business is - is it)?
      If you do need to contact Claims Regulation (Ministry of Justice(MOJ), details are below.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/cmr

Shame you used a company really , but if they fail, maybe you could "try" pulling out without being charged for it, and have a go yourself with free help/advice from us.
      Good luck, please keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Any problems, you can tell them you know you have the rights to contact Claims Regulation who regulate claims companies (I assume this business is - is it)?
        If you do need to contact Claims Regulation (Ministry of Justice(MOJ), details are below.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/cmr

Shame you used a company really , but if they fail, maybe you could "try" pulling out without being charged for it, and have a go yourself with free help/advice from us.
        Good luck, please keep us posted.
        Hi,thanks for the advice.At the time of claiming i was not aware i could claim myself.I will have to pay 20% +VAT.

Comment

Hi,anyone else out there had claims against Capital One !!.

Comment

Originally posted by raggytash View Post
            Hi,thanks for the advice.At the time of claiming i was not aware i could claim myself.I will have to pay 20% +VAT.
            Hi, your are welcome.

No worries, it happens, and I remember almost going that way myself.

I am actually currently dealing with GE Capital bank, unfortunately they were not regulated/governed by FSA/GISC back then, so I can see some issues on the way with this one, although I believe they were and are members of the Financial leasing association (FLA).

Not sure of the relationship of Cap One or GE but assumed they were under the same umbrella.

Maybe someone who have dealt directly with Cap one will post shortly with a bit of luck.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Is it credit card charges or PPI?

I have claimed Credit Card charges but this was a few years ago and got back every penny + interest at the rate they charged me. But things may have changed now but it is worth a try/ You need to if you do dont have your charges send a subject access request you should find one in the templates liabrary. Then you can do a spreadsheet of all your charges with dates. I only recomend going for 6 years back otherwise there is the statute of limitations to worry about.

Some of our members have had refunds within 9 days so it is not rocket science and is cheaper than going to a Claims management Company.

Originally posted by raggytash View Post
              Hi,anyone else out there had claims against Capital One !!.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X