• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• success

hi all, claiming back ppi seemed to be to much trouble, anyways a friend of mine had success in claiming his ppi back, he told to give my bank a ring, so i did to the ppi complains department, they ask me why i think i was sold ppi, told them that i work for local council and get paid 6months full pay, then 6months half pay over the year if i was to become sick and could not work, she asked me what i want to claim back, so i told them it was for credit cards and two loans loan dating back over the last 12 years, i did not have any paperwork regarding my claims, the call lasted no more than five mins, that was just over six weeks ago, i got a letter this morning, £2953 premium refund what ever that means lol another one for £3887 apr refund, and one more for £879 rebate refund and that a cheque would be arriving to my address within 5 days, this was with my halifax bank, am now waiting to hear from ybs claim. just wanted to share my success story and point out that its not as daunting as i thought it would have been.
    Tags: None

Re: success

why have i got two post of the same thread lol

Comment

Excellent, Congratulations!

Comment

Well done and congratulations Rob !!! I guess the various claims we help with here in the forums can give a bit of jaded view of the subject of reclaiming mis-sold PPI, because there are often problems with getting the lenders to admit to mis-selling, or with disagreement over the amounts offered in settlement.

But as you have pointed out, making a PPI mis-selling claim is simple enough to do if you are clear enough about the reasons why you believe it was mis-sold. If what you have been offered seems a satisfactory amount, then that's it - all done and dusted. It's nice to hear of the claims that are settled easily, and it's good of you to let us know of your success. Thank you !!!

Comment

thanks bill, i will let you all know the out come of my ybs claim.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Well done and please tell anyone you know just how easy it was for you, too many have been forking out lots of money for others to do it for them.
              Enaid x

Comment

thanks enaid, i was contacted many times by ppi reclaims firms, they said it was very hard to claim any ppi back without professional help and let them do all the hard work for me. i thought wait a minute all they must do is contact my bank with my details with what i have told them, so why not give them a ring myself, i doing so i ask to speak to the ppi claims and made very very clear why i think i was misold ppi, and that was it very very easy, maybe i was just lucky, but am really pleased i did it myself just for the sake of a five min call, i think ppi firms take at least 39% of your ppi refund claim which a ripoff, so everyone claiming please dont use them, do it yourself

Comment

You done a fab job Rob, very proud of you doing this yourself.
                  Fantastic work, again well done!

Comment

Did you know you had payed PPI in the first place, considering you had no paper work? I don't think i have ever had PPI before, but with all the scare stories about mis-selling, how could i find out, I'm not owed some money?

Comment

Hi, how long ago was it you taken out the loans? Year maybe?

If any were taken out with the bank, they can check the systems for you, or you could request for the loan agreement by sending a simple letter, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, ask them to provide this to you by 12 to 14 days, use signed for recorded delivery.
                      PPI would be enclosed on the loan agreement if any was purchased.

Another option is to request a Subject Access Request (SAR), where they have 40 calendar days to comply, and send all they still hold, you enclose the one payment of £10 cheque or postal order.

If you want to do this, there is a template letter below (to request for the full SAR).
                      You can try tracking down the loan account number on bank statements where you paid the loan by direct debit, if you still with the same bank now and bank online, you may be able to track the details of the account number that way, some online statements go back to about 7 years, or call into the local branch where they will check this out for you.

However, again, if the loan was with the bank, the banking account number for the SAR request will be ok to use, with that one stated payment as said above, that will cover for everything you've taken out with that particular bank/business, they should therefore send data on everything you've purchased from them.

SAR template letter below if you wish to do this:
                      YOUR ADDRESS
                      YOUR POST TOWN
                      YOUR POSTCODE

BANKS NAME
                      BANKS ADDRESS
                      BANKS POSTCODE

Date
                      Account No: XXXXXXXX Sort Code: XX XX XX

Dear Sir/Madam

Please send me all data that your company holds relating to my entire account history. Please include details of all transactions, and a copy of the original contract by which this account is/was governed at the time it was opened including all amendments made to the contract terms since opening the account.

I would also like a schedule of all charges & interest applied to my account(s) including details of any instances that required manual intervention. If you are unable to provide this specific information, copy statements will suffice.

All data, including data held on a microfiche must be provided within a reasonable timescale, a maximum of 40 days.

In light of all the recent publicity regards the reclaiming of bank charges, some Banks appear to now only be providing a breakdown of charges in response to all and any Data requests. For the avoidance of doubt I do actually require all information held by yourselves.

It seems a lot of banks are also wrongly interpreting the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 as a requirement to only disclose six years worth of personal data, and this is also wholly wrong. The DPA clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and it has no correlation to the Limitation act 1980 at all. If you no longer hold data beyond 6 years however, I would like a signed declaration from your data controller and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.

Whilst not exhaustive and for the avoidance of doubt I shall list what I require:

* Full copies of all contracts that exist between myself and your organisation; including copies of any documents you hold in support of same.

* Copies of all statements relating to the above accounts.

* Copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.

* Copies of any telephone recordings and/or transcripts of these recordings as well as any logs or journals that relate to them.

* Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

* Full details and copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.

* Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.

*Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.

* Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

I enclose the maximum statutory fee of £10.

You have 40 days to comply with this request.

If you fail to comply fully I shall enter a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office which could result in a fine and prosecution.

Yours faithfully,

Your name

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll look into it

Comment

hi, no i did not know i had paid ppi, i just thought i give it a try and let the bank do the finding out work for me. so now am just waiting for a £7720 cheque, its not a vast amount of money, but its a lot to me

Comment

is the correct way of making a ppi complaint di?

Comment

I would say there's no single correct way of claiming PPI, Rob, as the circumstances of each claim can be so different. But yours was deffo ONE way, IMO !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X