• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi claim after trust deed discharge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi claim after trust deed discharge

Eight weeks ago I contacted Halifax regarding ppi claim, they made it really easy and did it all in one phone call, yesterday I received a letter stating they would b paying out on my claim, £1937.89, but when I read rest if letter they said they would be passing money on 2 my insolvency practitioner, I have been discharged from my trust deed over a year now, can they do this? , bank should know I've been discharged as the remaining debt was written off, can insolvency practitioner use my money for using against these debts even if they no longer exist, or would I b better contacting FOS.
    Tags: None

Re: ppi claim after trust deed discharge

Have pm'd di for you
    Originally posted by kerr1e View Post
    Eight weeks ago I contacted Halifax regarding ppi claim, they made it really easy and did it all in one phone call, yesterday I received a letter stating they would b paying out on my claim, £1937.89, but when I read rest if letter they said they would be passing money on 2 my insolvency practitioner, I have been discharged from my trust deed over a year now, can they do this? , bank should know I've been discharged as the remaining debt was written off, can insolvency practitioner use my money for using against these debts even if they no longer exist, or would I b better contacting FOS.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Cheers for pm Turbo x

I've not dealt with many in this situation but I understand what I have read on a few posts here and there that some have been in the same position as yourself.
      A suggestion that I do have, is that you can write and explain that as this debt have been written off, and enclose copies of anything you have in writing to prove this.
      If they fail to agree, you can of course complain to the FOS.
      Have they also said you can complain to the FOS and that it's the final decision?

Meanwhile, today sometime I shall check more info on this, and post up if I see anything that will help.

Comment

Thanks, any help would b great, I am also going 2 fone bank in the morning 2 see if I can sort this out.

Comment

Thanks, let us know how you get on, we can take it from there if we have to.

Comment

I spoke 2 bank thismorning and they said as long as I send a photocopy of the discharge letter from my trust deed then the money will be sent 2 me. This is a result thought they would have made it difficult but will wait and see what happens after I send this off, thanks for your help.

Comment

That is fab, Well done and Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks I hope the info helps someone else in future to, I also found Scottish trust deed web site which if anyone else needs info on ppi claims http://www.trust-deed.co.uk/trustdeedblog/?p=554 this page really helpful.

Comment

Yes it will come very useful, thank you so much, and so happy for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X