• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming by phone: Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming by phone: Barclaycard

Hi, newbie alert...

I've had a Barclaycard since 1996, and have telephoned them with a PPI complaint. I gave the guy on the phone all of the details, including why I was mis-sold, but what would happen now? He didn't say anything about sending a form out, just that usually it takes between 4 and 8 weeks to investigate the claim for a refund. Is it the same procedure as if I had written a letter? Anyone else claimed a refund by telephone, if so how long did it take to get sorted out?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaiming by phone: Barclaycard

Hi SiRed, and welcome. Yes, they are still taking ages to process PPI claims, but slowly getting better. In theory, the claim should take the same time to process whether it is sent by telephone or by snail-mail. In practice, however, you may well find your claim shunted into the sidings because you have no proof that the claim was ever made. We never recommend claiming by telephone, simply because we have seen the same old standard reply time and time again..."Thank you for your enquiry, but we have no record of your complaint, blah, blah..."

I would suggest that you send a letter referring to your complaint made by telephone, and request confirmation that it is being dealt with. If it's not in writing, it doesn't physically exist, and you have no evidence to suggest otherwise.

And don't telephone them again !!!

Comment

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Hopefully you will hear something soon.

Although it's understood that your able to complain over the phone, the best method will always be in writing, and you keep copies of the evidence, this way you have your own proof and if they lose your complaint docs etc.

It has been known not just Barclays as such, but it's been known that telephone complaints have been pushed aside and even forgotten about, although they state they record it. Hopefully though they will deal with it, but the best way as Bill says is always in writing.

At least now you know if you have any future reclaims to do.

Do send them a letter as Bill suggests as well.

Plase keep us posted, good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll write a letter asking to confirm that they've received my complaint and are dealing with it.

Comment

Hi All i'm a newbie just reading through the site i also rang Barcalys last week regarding PPI i found out i'm paying PPI on my overdraft since 1998 which i didn't even know and an advaced account since 2005 the person i spoke to gave me a reference number and said i'd be contacted within 7 days but reading here is it going to be up to 8 weeks until i have any contact back?
          shall i phone them again to see if i need to write or fill any forms in as these were not mentioned in the conversation??
          Any help is much appreciated as i haven't got a clue what i'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa A View Post
            Hi All i'm a newbie just reading through the site i also rang Barcalys last week regarding PPI i found out i'm paying PPI on my overdraft since 1998 which i didn't even know and an advaced account since 2005 the person i spoke to gave me a reference number and said i'd be contacted within 7 days but reading here is it going to be up to 8 weeks until i have any contact back?
            shall i phone them again to see if i need to write or fill any forms in as these were not mentioned in the conversation??
            Any help is much appreciated as i haven't got a clue what i'm doing

Hi and welcome Lisa

Personally, we suggest always to make a complaint/reclaim in writing, this way you keep the copies and have your own proof, and they cannot deny the fact that you have made the complaint.

I would therefore write to them and make a point that you registered a complaint by telephone on date XX/XX/XXXX, apply your reference number, and you want to make sure they are dealing with your complaint.

You can as well (send them a reclaim questionnaire) to cover your tracks, this way they cannot use the excuse to stall and send you one in the post, like they have done so with many who made complaints on the telephone.
            (Some maybe lucky, where others are not).

Reclaim questionnaire below (complete and send to them and keep a copy).

They do have up to 8 weeks to send you a final decision, if they require more time, they will write to let you know , and enclose details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), these are a free organisation you can complain to if your not happy with the final decision.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X