• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Already engaged with CMC but unhappy with service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already engaged with CMC but unhappy with service

If i am engaged with a Claims Management Company and i am unhappy with the level of service provided and the timeframes the claim is currently taking. Can I cut all ties with them and either process the claim myself or engage with another Claims Management Company.

I signed and returne the docs back in November, after weeks and weeks of chasing they acknowledged receipt of my pack at the end of Jan.

Week by week i have rang and chased with no update and never a Welcome Pack or Letter sent. I spoke to someone today and they have said my ppi claim against the mortgage, has went to the broker. The could not elaborate what this meant or give me any ideas what the next steps are. They simply said i will have to wait and see what they say.

It is now so frustrating and never advised at any point what is happening. Can I withdraw from processing the claim through these guys as to be honest there is no way i want to pay them the 25% fee!!

Any Ideas?
    Tags: None

Re: Already engaged with CMC but unhappy with service

Hi Donjuan, welcome to Legal Beagles

Cancelling will very much depend on the Terms and Conditions of the contract you signed.

Which CMC is it?

What exactly did they tell you that they were going to do for you?

How much money did you pay up front?

Did you pay by Credit Card?

Did they cold call you?

Is it possible that you can post up the T&C's so that we can review them.

Once I have the answers to the questions above I can help you more.

Originally posted by DonJuan View Post
    If i am engaged with a Claims Management Company and i am unhappy with the level of service provided and the timeframes the claim is currently taking. Can I cut all ties with them and either process the claim myself or engage with another Claims Management Company.

I signed and returne the docs back in November, after weeks and weeks of chasing they acknowledged receipt of my pack at the end of Jan.

Week by week i have rang and chased with no update and never a Welcome Pack or Letter sent. I spoke to someone today and they have said my ppi claim against the mortgage, has went to the broker. The could not elaborate what this meant or give me any ideas what the next steps are. They simply said i will have to wait and see what they say.

It is now so frustrating and never advised at any point what is happening. Can I withdraw from processing the claim through these guys as to be honest there is no way i want to pay them the 25% fee!!

Any Ideas?

Comment

It is a solicitors based in the North West

It was a simple case that they would reclaim the ppi i had paid on the mortgage for 7 years. Provided all paperwork as proof. They have said they are chasing the broker, but did not and could not advise what this meant.

It is a no win no fee service.

We were introduced via an intermediary.

I do not have the terms and conditions with me at this moment.

Comment

Once you have fully answered my questions I will be able to help you further.

Is the intermediary a CMC?

Will definately need to see the terms and conditions as not sure what your rights would be.

If this is a pucker firm of Solicitors you could write to them requesting an update and allow them 14 days to do so. You could if you dont get a response complain to the Solicitors regulatory body.

Have you contacted your mortgage company to see if a payment has been made to them directly?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X