• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Pluss PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pluss PPI

Hi all I'm looking for some advice, I tried to reclaim PPI from first plus over 2 years ago, using a claims management company. I stupidly accepted firstplus's offer of an so called enhanced refund of premiums not already used, and to cancel the policy, the upshot of this is that I'm still paying the partial PPI loan over the next 20 years, Is it still worth complaining again and going to the FOS if necessary or am I wasting my time?

many thanks

Leo
    Tags: None

Re: First Pluss PPI

Hi Leo and welcome to Legal Beagles.

I do not know for sure where you will stand on this, but as the saying goes, "if you don't try you will never know".
    If you do though, do this yourself, it's simple enough really.

As for still paying partial PPI, why is that do you know?

Comment

Hi Leo

Whats actually happened is that FirstPlus have allowed you to cancel the policy-----NOT the loan you took out to buy the policy---which you still pay for 20 years---we need to put the loan back as though PPi was never in place --not merely cancel the ppi policy

I can help you unravel the sums ,me & Bill & Di, have massive experience of PPI calculations from FirstPlus

You need to give me some info re the agreements and the latest offer of cancellation letters-if you want me to help you

Regards

Turbs

Comment

In my opinion, having accepted the offer I do not feel you will be able to obtain further recompense from First Plus.

What advice did the claims company give you regarding the offer?

Comment

the claims company gave me the advice not to accept it but at the time I was in arrears of £1000 so was pretty much desperate and couldn't afford to drag this one out for another 6 months. However I did tell the claims management company to go stuff themselves due to poor service and delays and feel free to take me to court for their miserable fee , which they've not done. As for paying partial PPI, I realised this only when they sent my new payment figure, which was only reduced by a small amount. my original loan was for 55000 with PPI of approx 13,000 and the rebate was for 6000 which also cleared my arrears. so I'm still paying off the the original 7000 of the PPI. I'm of the opinion that they can only say no, but still worth a shot anyway. They took three weeks to tell me of my new payment amount, If I'd known it was only going to reduce by £35 (from £600) I would never accepted that. Is that a fair and reasonable cause for a new complaint? Unfortunately I wont be able to log on for the next few days due to work, but have all the time in the world, all advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

Oh I do remember them saying they were rejecting my complaint but would still make me a goodwill offer of the rebate, does this help?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X