• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Posted a 2nd letter on mondaty by recorded delivery, received tuesday, I retuned the questionere, with not relervent written thriough the midle, also a second copy of the original letter stating the fraud act etc as you suggested, and a cover letter stating they should read my complaint and not assume. I will now wait for their resonse, just wondered did you quote the fraud act in your communication with barclaycard?

Comment

Re: Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Originally posted by wyllden View Post
      just heard the other day that i'm due approx £3100 ppi refund, they wrote and asked if i want it transferred to bank or a cheque.....
      ....just waiting on the cheque now and praying they don't send a further letter saying it has to go onto my account....
      ...will let you know how it goes......
      ...be interested to know how you get on aswell Gill
      It would be interesting to know just how they arrived at the figure of £3,100?
      And does that calculation take you back to the status quo?

Comment

Hi

Just bumping for an update?

Did you receive the cheque in the end Wyllden?

Comment

Hi Di
          I wrote to Barclay card asking why the ppi and interst was forwarded to Cabot. they responded that it was within their policy to do so and this was the final respnce. It is currently with the FOS, who have since acknowledged my complaint and say they have all the information needed and will deal with it as soon as possible, Hope you are more successful.
          Best wishes
          Gill x

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
            Hi Di
            I wrote to Barclay card asking why the ppi and interst was forwarded to Cabot. they responded that it was within their policy to do so and this was the final respnce. It is currently with the FOS, who have since acknowledged my complaint and say they have all the information needed and will deal with it as soon as possible, Hope you are more successful.
            Best wishes
            Gill x
            Hi Gill

Thank you for letting me know.

I asked because of a family friend going through the same sort of thing, he has taken his to the FOS because his was rejected, but wasnt sure where if successful where the refund would end up.

I have been researching on this and the fact that the DCA (Cabot) has taken over the full assignments, and the comment I read said, that Cabot cannot ask for refund of charges to be paid to them. The original creditor has to pay the refund to you and not he DCA, because of notice of assignment.

The original creditor assigned the debt to cabot, and did so by passing their right, title and benefit.
            So the DCA have no right, title or benefit after the assignment.

Hope you hear some positive news soon, fingers crossed and again thank you x

Comment

Than you Di, good luck to you also.
              Gill x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Hi Gill

Thank you for letting me know.

I asked because of a family friend going through the same sort of thing, he has taken his to the FOS because his was rejected, but wasnt sure where if successful where the refund would end up.

I have been researching on this and the fact that the DCA (Cabot) has taken over the full assignments, and the comment I read said, that Cabot cannot ask for refund of charges to be paid to them. The original creditor has to pay the refund to you and not he DCA, because of notice of assignment.

The original creditor assigned the debt to cabot, and did so by passing their right, title and benefit.
                So the DCA have no right, title or benefit after the assignment.

Hope you hear some positive news soon, fingers crossed and again thank you x
                Di - Thats fascinating. Can you start a thread on this subject so I can sticky it and see what's happening to others in this situation. xxx
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hiya hun

Yes will do, not a problem, I think it's a good idea so will get on to this now shortly, thank you x

Comment

Cel, as this can apply to ppi and other reclaims, credit card charges, etc, would you like me to start the thread on a certain one, for eg, Debt management section? or stay within he ppi reclaims?

Cheers x

Comment

Lets put it in Debts and link to it or copy it as needed xx
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

....and done.
                        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...encies-Refunds

Hope that's ok, please feel free to add, change, tweak and rid of my posts on this actual thread of this once your ready, not for me to confuse others on this thread, lol, cheers hun x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X