• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blackhorse PPI Claim Refused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse PPI Claim Refused

Hi All

Finally heard back from Blackhorse after putting in claims for several agreements last year.

Today's letter covers one agreement, so I am anticipating others in due course.

Basically they are saying that after 'careful review' they can find no evidence of mis-selling, pointing to a demands and needs form they issued and the actions of their 'fully trained staff'.

These would be the same 'fully trained staff', one of whom who told me that I would stand a better chance of being accepted if I signed up for the PPI, I suppose?

I'm not sure how I/they will set about proving any of this however, because the Croydon branch was, I understand, together with all the others, closed down a while ago?

Anyway, I will try and put the full response up tomorrow, but in the meantime would appreciate any advice/pointers I can get.

Is this just a fob-off?

Thanks in advance

HaliMac

PS - three agreements, all front loaded, total claim around the £7000 mark
    Last edited by HaliMac; 9th August 2011, 06:07:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Blackhorse PPI Claim Refused

Hi

Was this the full and final decision?
    They must confirm if this is the case and also confirm if you're eligible to complain to the FOS. (With leaflet details on how to complain to the FOS).

If this was not the final decision, then I would write back and try to give further information, and work on the points on why they rejected you're complaint.

If they were fully trained staff, then they should have made sure the policy suited your requirements, make a point of everything that applies to you and if you feel they have overlooked and not taken your reasons into consideration - raise that up with them as well.

Good luck.

Comment

Note to mods - Haven't been here for a while (except to lurk occasionally!).

As in the past, if this thing grows legs, I'll post progress here in order to organise events for myself and serve as inspiration/instruction etc. to others.

Thanks
      Mac

PS - To Di - I'll post more later, but it looks on first reading as though I've been given an opportunity to respond, before she 'considers the matter resolved'
      Last edited by HaliMac; 10th August 2011, 17:04:PM.

Comment

OK

Have 're-oranged' myself.

I will keep this thread updated with events and any relevant developments for others.

Thanks
        Mac
        Last edited by HaliMac; 10th August 2011, 17:05:PM.

Comment

Update

Blackhorse refusal letter for the second of the three policies arrived today. Similar wording (with slight differences which I suspect related to different legislation, Ts&Cs etc. in force at the time); but same result - they are 'satisfied that there were no issues with the sale of the policy'.

Again this is not marked as full and final.

Comment

Having read through today's letter in detail, it seems there is a major difference between this and the first:

"In the event that you remain unhappy with my decision, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Finance and Leasing Association. Their address is provided in the enclosed leaflet. This complaint is not eligible for consideration by the Financial Ombudsman Srvice as they are only able to consider complaints regarding policies that were sold by us between 1st December 2001 and 31st March 2003 and from the 14th January 2005"
            I wasn't up on this. Not looking good if my only recourse is to the trade association funded by the people that perpetrated the scam in the first place

Any relevant thoughts/info welcome.

Mac

Comment

Hi All - long time no speak

Looks like my three Blackhorse PPI claims might have a happy ending after all - spoke with the FOS today and the first 2 claims I put in to the Ombudsman 'can expect an offer' by BlackHorse no later than 15th March 2013.

The other one (originally an FLA claim which I have now managed to steer back to the FOS by going after LTSB General Insurance as the underwriter) will now go in.

I'll keep the board updated with the offers and developments.

Regards
              HaliMac

Comment

Great news, well done and all the best on the one with FLA. ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X