• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming old car finance PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming old car finance PPI

Hi folks

I'm just about to embark on my last round of PPI reclaiming, this time mainly for that attached to past car finance taken out by Mr Wops. On all occasions Mr Wops (who wasn't then a home-owner and was considered a bad credit risk as he had previously repaid a CCJ) was told he had to have PPI or his application would be refused.

I don't have the original paperwork unfortunately but I do have bank statements going back to early 1999 and the last car purchased on finance was repaid in full in 2003, so although he had car finance prior to 1999 - from 1994 I believe - there is no documentary evidence to back this up. Therefore I am looking to reclaim for a period covering approximately 4 and a half years.

However, although the cars were purchased from the same dealership, the finance was provided by different companies - the first was GMAC and the second (according to the bank statements) was GE Capital, but some of the payments were to GE Capital Woodchester and some to GE Capital Motor Factors.............are these last two one and the same?

I have an address for GMAC but am not sure where to send the GE claim to.

If anyone can advise on the above I would be most grateful - thanks in advance guys

Nellie x
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaiming old car finance PPI

The GE companies are the same group, they are now part of santander so you will find any complaint will be dealth with by them, the best address to use is:
    GE Capital- SANTANDER
    30 Berkeley Square
    London
    WIJ 6EW - I have used this a number of times for GE capital complaints and got responses.

Often where its car finance then it is the broker (car dealership) who was responsible for the insurance sale and therefore they who are liable. I would always contact the lender first though, you may get lucky and beacause of the transfer of ownership of the company and santanders inpressive co-operation on ppi matters finds that they will deal with for you. If not they will at least confirm the exact details for the brokers complaints dept. - eitherway you will know yor next step.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your helpful response and for that address - will get the wheels in motion (pardon the pun, lol!) and let you know how I get on

Nellie x

Comment

Good luck Nellie x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Good luck Nellie x
          Thank you Di xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X