• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim from company gone into administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim from company gone into administration

I have followed advice from this forum and had two successful PPI claims paid to me. Which has been fantastic.
    My third and final mis sold PPI was applied to a loan I took to refit my kitchen. I was approached by a comapny called Space Kitchens who offered finance loan through GE money to fit a new kitchen in September 2005. I was unware until last November (2010) that I had also taken out PPI on that loan. It was only when I recieved a letter to tell me the protection had finished despite the loan continuing for another 4 years that I reliased I had PPI insurance on this loan. I contacted GE money who informed me that as they did not sell me the insurance my claim was not with them. I then contacted Space Kitchens and after sending initial letter to address I had, I contacted the company via internet to get current address. I was then told that Space Kitchens entered into administration. PKF(UK) LLP were appointed as the administrators and the compny ceased trading in July 2008. Part of the business was sold as an asset sale to Spreme o glaze ltd who say they therefore assume no liabilities regarding the sale of PPI. Where do I take this now or do I have to accept that I will not get reimbursed for mis sold PPI?
    Any advice would be very welcome.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claim from company gone into administration

Who was the underwriter of the policy?
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I am not sure.
      First I knew of the policy at all was when I recieved a letter from GE Money to say the insurance had expired.
      I was told that any claims should be made to Pinnacle Insurance prior to the policy expiring.
      Would they be the underwritters? :confused2:

Comment

This is from the GE MONEY website:

All insurance is underwritten by Pinnacle Insurance plc. Helpucover is a trading style of Pinnacle Insurance plc. Registered in England and Wales. Number: 1007798. Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 2XX. A BNP Paribas company.
        So yes they are indeed the underwriter of all G E MONEY insurance policies.

So I would fire off a reclaim letter to them and if they do not comply within 8 weeks you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Use the FOS RECLAIM FORM and send that to Pinnacle which is on the link below

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html

It is called consumer questionnaire.

Regards
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X