• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who Is Liable????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Liable????

Hi All I am new to this forum and came across this after spending hours trying to find out about PPI insurance.

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I took out a loan with Mercantile Credit in 1998 for £8000 over 7 years with PPI. The loan was only granted if I took out the PPI. I got into financial difficulties and Barclays SDF took over the loan. They passed this over to Intrum Justitia Ltd on 4th October 1999. Stupidly I allowed a claims company to try and recover this for me but hit a brick wall. It was left with Barclays retail banking customer relations replying to the claims company stating that there is nothing they can do until they have a loan agreement number. When all this was being pursued I suddenly received a letter from Intrum Justitia on the 9th November 2010 stating that they were writing off the outstanding balance £892.77 and I would not be receiving any further phone calls or correspondence from them (Strange!!!)

Currently:I sent a letter to Intrum Justitia asking them to give me information about the loan agreement number and the payments made. They wrote back listing a schedule of payments made from Oct 2009 through to October 2010. They confirmed that my original loan was for £11,287.08 and opened on 30th April 1998. They said that if I needed details of the initial loan I would need to contact their client Barclays SDF 75 AG.
    I don’t know who Barclays SDF 75 AG are or who I need to contact.
    I have managed to track down a Mercantile Credit Co Ltd (company reg. 00290277).
    I also have a copy of the original Mercantile Credit Payment Protector plan which shows the certificate number, my date of birth, duration and start date).
    On all Intrum Justitia’correspondence they have quoted (1) “Intrum Justitia reference number” (2) “Client – SDF 75 AG” and also (3) a “client reference number”

Can you please help me to track down who I need to be contacting and whether or not I have a case.
    Tags: None

Re: Who Is Liable????

Allied resolves Barclays impasse at Spinningfields - Place North West
    The above explains who is Barclays SDF but the answer is Barclays Bank plc.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Who Is Liable????

Thank you I will let you know how this turns out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X