• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays PPI complaints procedure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays PPI complaints procedure

If you wish to make a complaint
    If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI you can do so in several ways. There is no need to use a claims management company to complain - it is easiest to make complaints directly to Barclays. Claims management companies usually take a fee or percentage of any compensation you are paid and your complaint is not dealt with differently or any more quickly.
    You can call us 2 on 0845 755 5555 or write to us at:
    Barclays PPI Dept
    Leicester
    LE87 2BB
    We will ask you to complete a PPI consumer questionnaire form (below) from the Financial Ombudsman Service. Sending us this form will ensure we have the information needed to process your complaint efficiently and as quickly as possible.
    PPI questionnaire form (Link opens in a new window)

If you have already made a complaint
    If you have already made a complaint about PPI you do not need to do anything. We will be writing to you with an update as quickly as possible. There is no need to resubmit your complaint or make a new one. We are now working hard to resolve these complaints as soon as we can. Although we are unable to give specific timescales at present, we will provide an update as soon we have more information.
    Frequently asked questions
    Q. What was the outcome of the judicial review?
    In April the High Court announced that it had dismissed the British Bankers Association (BBA) judicial review challenge of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaint handling. The Court dismissed the judicial review challenge in its entirety.

Q. What has Barclays decided to do? Will it appeal?
    We have accepted the judgment following the High Court’s decision and we will work closely with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Authority to make sure we deal with all our PPI complaints appropriately. Barclays announced on 9 May 2011 that it would not appeal.

Q. Why has Barclays taken so long to respond to the outcome of the judicial review?
    Following the High Court’s announcement we reviewed the judgment thoroughly to understand the details, and consider what this means for Barclays and our customers.

Q. Why has Barclays made a provision of £1bn?
    We have made a provision of £1bn in relation to the anticipated cost of redress in respect of PPI complaints.

Q. Will Barclays now process those PPI complaints that are on hold?
    Yes. We will work closely with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Authority to make sure we deal with all our PPI complaints as soon as possible.

Q. When am I likely to get my complaint resolved?
    We will write to customers with existing complaints to update them as quickly as practicable. There may be a short delay while we work through the details. Although we are unable to give specific timescales at present, we will provide an update as soon we have more information.

Q. If I have an existing PPI complaint what do I need to do?
    Customers with existing PPI complaints do not need to take any action. We will now write to update those customers and work hard to resolve all complaints as soon as practicable.

Q. I have been approached by a claims management company. What should I do?
    Our customers can complain to us directly and don’t need to use a claims management company (CMC). A CMC will typically charge an up-front fee or take a proportion of any financial redress. We will assess all complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints sent in by a CMC – your complaint is not dealt with differently or any more quickly.

Q. How can customers find out more information?
    We’ve set up this dedicated website for customers who would like more information about the PPI judicial review and complaint handling. The site will be updated as more information becomes available. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) also provides an independent source of information. Visit them at Financial Ombudsman Service (Link opens in a new window) .

Q. I have an existing PPI complaint, how can I get an update?
    If a customer has already made a complaint about PPI we will be writing to them with an update as quickly as practicable. These pages will be updated as more information becomes available.

Q. Can I log a new PPI complaint?
    Yes. If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI you can do so in several ways. There is no need to use a claims management company to complain - it is easiest to make complaints directly to Barclays.You can call us on 0845 755 5555 or write to us at Barclays PPI Dept, Leicester, LE87 2BB.

We will ask you to complete a PPI consumer questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service. Sending us this form will ensure we have the information needed to process your complaint efficiently and as quickly as possible. PPI questionnaire form (Link opens in a new window)

Link to webpage: Payment Protection Insurance information - Barclays
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays PPI complaints procedure

Barclaycard process

PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE (PPI)

Latest news

Barclays will not be joining any appeal brought by the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) on the matter of handling payment protection insurance (PPI) complaints. We are working to resolve PPI complaints for our customers as quickly as practicable. We know this is important to you and that is why we are focussed on working hard to resolve these complaints.

Read the Barclays statement

Background

In October 2010, the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) filed for a judicial review against the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) on the matter of handling Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaints.

The principle of the judicial review was about the ability of the FSA and FOS to apply new standards to old sales. The BBA believed the FSA was effectively creating a precedent that permitted it to apply new rules to previous sales – even where those sales were regulated by other FSA rules.

On 20 April 2011, the outcome of the judicial review was announced and the BBA’s judicial review challenge has been dismissed in its entirety. The BBA will announce by 10 May 2011 if it intends to appeal the ruling.

If you wish to make a complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI you can do so in several ways. There is no need to use a claims management company to complain - it is easiest to make complaints directly to Barclays. Claim management companies usually take a fee or percentage of any compensation you are paid and your complaint is not dealt with differently or any more quickly.

You can call us on 0844 811 9111 or write to us at
    Barclaycard
    Customer Relations
    PO Box 9131
    51 Saffron Road
    Leicester
    LE18 9DE

We will ask you to complete a PPI consumer questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service, downloadable from here. Sending us this form will ensure we have the information needed to process your complaint efficiently and as quickly as practicable.

If you have already made a complaint

If you have already made a complaint about PPI you do not need to do anything. We will be writing to you with an update as quickly as practicable. There is no need to resubmit your complaint or make a new one. We are now working hard to resolve these complaints as soon as we can. Although we are unable to give specific timescales at present, we will provide an update as soon we have more information.

FAQs

Q. What was the outcome of the judicial review?
    A. In April the High Court announced that it had dismissed the British Bankers Association (BBA) judicial review challenge of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaint handling. The Court dismissed the judicial review challenge in its entirety.

Q. What has Barclays decided to do? Will it appeal?
    A. We have accepted the judgment following the High Court’s decision and we will work closely with the Financial Ombudsman and the Financial Services Authority to make sure we deal with all our PPI complaints appropriately. We will not be supporting any appeal to the High Court judgment.

Q. Why has Barclays taken so long to respond to the outcome of the judicial review?
    A. Following the High Court’s announcement we reviewed the judgment thoroughly to understand the details, and consider what this means for Barclays and our customers.

Q. Why has Barclays made a provision of £1bn?
    A. We have made a provision of £1bn in relation to the anticipated cost of redress in respect of PPI complaints.

Q. Will Barclays now process those PPI complaints that are on hold?
    A. Yes. We will work closely with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Authority to make sure we deal with all our PPI complaints as quickly as practicable.

Q. When am I likely to get my complaint resolved?
    A. We will write to customers with existing complaints to update them as quickly as practicable. There may be a short delay while we work through the details. Although we are unable to give specific timescales at present, we will provide an update as soon we have more information.

Q. If I have an existing PPI complaint what do I need to do?
    A. Customers with existing PPI complaints do not need to take any action. We will now write to update those customers and work hard to resolve all complaints as quickly as practicable.

Q. I have been approached by a claims management company. What should I do?
    A. Our customers can complain to us directly and don’t need to use a claims management company (CMC). A CMC will typically charge an up-front fee or take a proportion of any financial redress. We will assess all complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints sent in by a CMC – your complaint is not dealt with differently or any more quickly.

Q. How can customers find out more information?
    A. This site will be updated as more information becomes available. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) also provides an independent source of information.

Q. I have an existing PPI complaint, how can I get an update?
    A. If a customer has already made a complaint about PPI we will be writing to them with an update as quickly as practicable.

Q. Can I log a new PPI complaint?
    A. Yes. If you wish to make a complaint about your PPI you can do so in several ways. There is no need to use a claims management company to complain - it is easiest to make complaints directly to Barclays.

Source: PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE (PPI)

Comment

Leclerc,

Good show fella will all these be stickyed for easy referance ?
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Leclerc,

It's not up to me so that decision is for site team to make

Comment

Whilst at lunch with our Barclays bank manager from work, we talked about PPI and he said - and I hope it is true, that there will be no quibble in refunding PPI as they have set aside the money to do so.

Comment

Pompey

If you find the rest of the banks contact details for PPI claims, then post ithem up individulaly and then ask one of the site team to sticky it for you. I did the same with Lloyds. I just don't have the time to do them all.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Leclerc,

Comment

Hi,

If I would like to Cancelling a Payment Protection contract what's the procedure taking with me???????

Comment

Originally posted by murphy1972 View Post
                Hi,

If I would like to Cancelling a Payment Protection contract what's the procedure taking with me???????
                Write to the company and state that you want to cancel the payment protection insurance on the loan that you have

Comment

My sons girlfriend received a letter dated 07/06/13 stating her PPI claim with Barclaycard had been agreed as it was missold and the total amount she was to receive detailed, today she has received another letter dated exactly the same date stating she was unsuccesful, she phoned Barclays to be told they have no record of the first letter being sent out( oh what a surprise !) and she is not entitled to anything, she will be contacting the ombudsman regarding this but has anyone else had this happen and are there any other options I can offer her to try? She is totally distressed by this as it was quite a large sum of money.

Comment

My apologies if my questions here below have already been answered elsewhere, but I would be delighted if you could point me in the right direction.

I have had a Barclaycard since the early 1980's and I was wondering if PPI has been included in my repayments as a matter of course. If so,

- can I reclaim it?
                    - how do I do so?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comment

Hi Busgarlo and welcome to you.

Have a read of the first two posts in this thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X