• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and the FOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI and the FOS

Originally posted by MEGLOS View Post
    It was HFC Beneficial (since 2009 Marbles) so yes they will be FSA covered.

Did you have all your paperwork going back more than 6?
    with what you have said with the account being active and the fact that it was fsa regulated you will have no problems meglos have you given hfc 8 weeks or have you had a final response if so go for it,there trying to wear you down,put a claim in you,ve nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain, i had no paperwork whatsoever my old cmc got my short application form but i think the fos requests all that for you anyway i put a claim in working on the assumption that they couid only say no

Comment

read this meglos, now i,m not advocating anybody using these people not for a minute, i just want to draw your attention to the fact that firms will do claims that are up to 15 years old and not all of them having paperwork

(for info only)
      PPI FAQs - GoClaim PPI (ref how far back can i claim) (for info only)

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        with what you have said with the account being active and the fact that it was fsa regulated you will have no problems meglos have you given hfc 8 weeks or have you had a final response if so go for it,there trying to wear you down,put a claim in you,ve nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain, i had no paperwork whatsoever my old cmc got my short application form but i think the fos requests all that for you anyway i put a claim in working on the assumption that they couid only say no
        nice one cappo. me too, with Egg and I have recently had a FOS adjudication in my favour.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          nice one cappo. me too, with Egg and I have recently had a FOS adjudication in my favour.
          good work d.s

Comment

Did you have all the paperwork then?
            Not from the beginning, they were limiting the paperwork that they sent out but I knew due to HMRC and the money laundering act that they had to keep them longer than 6 years so I hounded my bank (coop) to comply with my lawful requests.

The agreement I took out in March 1999 they said they never had in reply to my first SAR request so I played them at there game and sent another knowing that it would not be dealt with by the same person lol

It turned up in the post with a letter signed by a different person to the first request.

I also insisted on a complete screen-shot of my banking history this arrived and detailed every loan and every payment made.

It was not easy getting the info out of them and did take 2.5 yrs from first complaint letter to chq in hand

But remember this the longer it takes them the more it will cost them in interest so I was not bothered

Perseverance is the key challenging ever letter they send you and countering there arguments and bit by bit I broke them down.

Good Luck
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

,there trying to wear you down
              Indeed Cappo and that has to be turned just like I did as stated in my post above once they realise you are not going away you have beaten half the battle.
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Indeed Cappo and that has to be turned just like I did as stated in my post above once they realise you are not going away you have beaten half the battle.
                your right there mate

Comment

Update: letter from bank saying "no data held by us on you going back more than 6 years, also we have no other electronic data stored on you, so pish off Meglos." Another letter from bank saying "there is no record of us ever having sold you PPI, so feck off you pesky customer."

Right, well, they have already sent me statements going back 8 years so the "6 year rule" is a load of bankish bullhooks. Also, the earliest statements I have from 2003 clearly state there was PPI taken from my monthly payments.

I have responded to the bank asking, again, for them to comply with my SAR and stating that I am content to get the data in any format held by them eg microfiche, paper copies etc. Question is, where next if they continue behaving like total bankers?
                  sigpicNo one expects a Chronic Hysteresis

Comment

Update: letter from bank saying "no data held by us on you going back more than 6 years, also we have no other electronic data stored on you, so pish off Meglos." Another letter from bank saying "there is no record of us ever having sold you PPI, so feck off you pesky customer."

Right, well, they have already sent me statements going back 8 years so the "6 year rule" is a load of bankish bullhooks. Also, the earliest statements I have from 2003 clearly state there was PPI taken from my monthly payments.

I have responded to the bank asking, again, for them to comply with my SAR and stating that I am content to get the data in any format held by them eg microfiche, paper copies etc. Question is, where next if they continue behaving like total bankers?
                    Please check out my thread on here where I describe how I got a full PPI refund, plus interest, plus damages from Abbey National credit cards. The card dated back to 1999 and they told me the same rubbish as your bank told you. I went to the FOS and after 8 months received my payment.
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Did you go to the FOS with little or no data? I'll look out your thread good buddy.

Can you put a link here to it for the benefit of other posters?
                      sigpicNo one expects a Chronic Hysteresis

Comment

Did you go to the FOS with little or no data? I'll look out your thread good buddy.

Can you put a link here to it for the benefit of other posters?
                        The basic thread telling about the success is here: MBNA PPI refund 941.66 pounds - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Hope that helps. However, I mentioned it at various points on other threads when the issue was raised. Maybe you can do a search using Abbey or MBNA and Debtisbad. I am not sure how to do links, sorry.

To answer your specific question, yes I went to the FOS with little specific information, other than the references numbers on the letters back from Abbey/MBNA. This gave the FOS the paper trail that they needed to trace the account.

A reoccurring theme of mine that you will see on here, apart from this specific case, as I have other cases of refunds also, is that although many on here advocate the "official" way of doing things, I always found the banks and DCAs to be anything but "official" in terms of legal compliance.

Therefore, I played a few tracks back on the DCAs and banks. For example, with CapQuest DCA, once I knew that they could not collect on the Egg account of mine that they had purchased, because it had been previously set aside by a county court (this is known as a prior dispute with an OC and I was not aware of that until I had been on here for some time), rather than tell them straight away, I played along with them. Their collector, Ann McShane got very angry with me and started claiming that I was in the UK, when I was abroad.

I have reported this issue widely across the internet and eventually her direct dial number at CapQuest was changed as a result.

Eventually,I let her out of her misery by explaining about the OC and CapQuest duly closed my account, which was written off.

A few people "frowned" upon my actions, but the point is, they (DCAs and banks) are very good at giving out S***, so why can't we do the same back?

So I won all of my cases on here, wrote off over $15K, got all my PPI refunded, etc, had some fun in the process and caused a lot of upset at Abbey, MBNA, CapQuest and Lowells.

Who's complaining?

So be brave and don't stick too closely to the rules, because I can assure you, the banking industry and the DCAs don't.
                        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                          The basic thread telling about the success is here: MBNA PPI refund 941.66 pounds - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Hope that helps. However, I mentioned it at various points on other threads when the issue was raised. Maybe you can do a search using Abbey or MBNA and Debtisbad. I am not sure how to do links, sorry.

To answer your specific question, yes I went to the FOS with little specific information, other than the references numbers on the letters back from Abbey/MBNA. This gave the FOS the paper trail that they needed to trace the account.

A reoccurring theme of mine that you will see on here, apart from this specific case, as I have other cases of refunds also, is that although many on here advocate the "official" way of doing things, I always found the banks and DCAs to be anything but "official" in terms of legal compliance.

Therefore, I played a few tracks back on the DCAs and banks. For example, with CapQuest DCA, once I knew that they could not collect on the Egg account of mine that they had purchased, because it had been previously set aside by a county court (this is known as a prior dispute with an OC and I was not aware of that until I had been on here for some time), rather than tell them straight away, I played along with them. Their collector, Ann McShane got very angry with me and started claiming that I was in the UK, when I was abroad.

I have reported this issue widely across the internet and eventually her direct dial number at CapQuest was changed as a result.

Eventually,I let her out of her misery by explaining about the OC and CapQuest duly closed my account, which was written off.

A few people "frowned" upon my actions, but the point is, they (DCAs and banks) are very good at giving out S***, so why can't we do the same back?

So I won all of my cases on here, wrote off over $15K, got all my PPI refunded, etc, had some fun in the process and caused a lot of upset at Abbey, MBNA, CapQuest and Lowells.

Who's complaining?

So be brave and don't stick too closely to the rules, because I can assure you, the banking industry and the DCAs don't.
                          And for that post Debt-is-Bad, you get The Debt Star's 1000th thank you!

Comment

Mon pleasure! Avevz-vous un bonne jour! Hi from Taiwan! DCAs are not even protected from me, despite the fact that I am half way around the world. They can run, but they can't hide. By the way, hi to Anne McShane at CapQuest if she's reading.
                            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

CapQuest staff can read? Who told you that? lol.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7191506.stm

If the systems were not in place then, they would not have been in place earlier...same old story!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X