• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

And more........

http://www.competition-commission.or...nd_app_7_1.pdf

Vertical integration

1. Further, vertically-integrated distributors demonstrated that switching to an independent underwriter was feasible in practice. On 1 November 2007, HSBC, which had previously underwritten a proportion of its PPI business in-house, entered into a five-year agreement with Aviva (Norwich Union) to provide home insurance, PPI and travel insurance products for HSBC’s UK consumers. In addition, HFC, a subsidiary of the HSBC Group, sold its in-house underwriting business, Hamilton Insurance Company and Hamilton Life Assurance Company, to the Aviva group.8 This indicated that barriers to switching were not insurmountable and that the vertically-integrated distributors could switch to third party supply of underwriting services, given sufficient financial incentives.

Comment

And here.......

http://www.competition-commission.or...nd_app_2_7.pdf

1. HFC Bank Ltd (HFC) distributes SMPPI, PLPPI and retail credit PPI though the brands ‘Beneficial Finance’ via branches, ‘Sterling Credit’ and ‘Endeavour Personal Finance’ by telephone, Internet or brokers, and through arrangements with retail partners.
      HSBC, M&S Money and First Direct branded PPI was largely underwritten by third parties but a limited portion was underwritten in-house.21 The majority of HFC’s PPI business was underwritten in-house until the sale of Hamilton Insurance Company and Hamilton Life Assurance Company to Aviva.22 LifeChoices is underwritten inhouse.

Comment

Some time ago when I did write to Hamilton, it was Aviva that got back to me, and they said they taken over Hamilton, FOS are aware of this, and I remember getting a response saying they were not taking any responsibility, so maybe that is the issue, yet if HFC done the underwork on Hamilton's behalf these can still be pursued upon, because the only ones we did speak to in regards of the sale of the loan/ppi was that of Click, they then got Endeavour to ring us and sort out how much and said insurance is included as part of the loan, then they said HFC would be getting back to go over the details of the loan with each myself and hubby before it went fully ahead.

Anyway, here below is more info in regards of Aviva taking over Hamilton.

http://www.aviva.co.uk/media-centre/...n-companies-a/

Aviva completes acquistion of Hamilton companies and enters new distribution agreements

Article date: 2007-11-01 00:00:00.

Aviva plc ("Aviva") announces that it has completed the acquisition of Hamilton Insurance Company Ltd and Hamilton Life Assurance Company Ltd from HFC Bank plc ("HFC"), a subsidiary of HSBC Finance Corporation. The Hamilton companies, which provide a range of creditor insurance products, had gross assets of £180 million and £176 million respectively as at 31 December 2006.
        In addition, Norwich Union Insurance, the UK general insurance arm of Aviva, has signed five year agreements to underwrite creditor business for HFC Bank and some of its subsidiaries, and to provide home, protection and travel insurance products to 10.2 million of HSBC Bank plc's ("HSBC") UK customers. These agreements are expected to generate up to £1.7 billion in gross written premiums for Norwich Union Insurance over the next five years.
        The new agreement between Norwich Union and HSBC takes effect from today (1 November 2007) and replaces plans to create a joint venture.
        Igal Mayer, chief executive of Norwich Union Insurance, said: "This is a strategically important opportunity, which will enable Norwich Union to provide HSBC's customers with market-leading products. We've realised significant value from our 23 year relationship with HSBC; the new five year agreements create an opportunity for us both to build on that successful formula and further develop our profitable relationship."

Comment

Just adding some further details, not sure if its relevant to my case but in case I need to go back to it at some point.

http://www.creditfinancecentre.co.uk...insurance.html

HAMILTON INSURANCE
          The Hamilton Insurance companies was established in the early 1980's. They provide a range of creditor insurance products to various insurers, credit card companies, nance co's , banks & mortgage providers.

In 2007 Aviva Life Insurance completed the acquisition of Hamilton Insurance Company Ltd and Hamilton Life Assurance Company Ltd from HFC Bank plc ("HFC"), a subsidiary of HSBC Finance Corporation.
          Hamilton Insurance underwrites plans from numerous Companies - including plans from Synergy Protect Insurance.
          As announced from 4/2008, the Aviva Life Insurance brand will become dominant as they decide to drop the 200 year old Norwich Union brand. Norwich Union had merged with CGU, which itself was formed from the merger of General Accident and Commercial Union in 1998. Upon merging they formed CGNU Life Insurance Group which went on to become the Aviva group.

Hamilton Insurance Ltd currently offers various protection policies including Mortgage Loan & Income Payment Protection Insurance (MPPI). Mortgage Protection Insurance ASU protects people from falling behind with their mortgage repayments with unemployment redundancy cover.

Looking in 2011 to compare Hamilton Life Insurance against other Uk Insurers

> Need a Competitive Life or Critical Illness Insurance Quote ?

Article on:Hamilton Insurance ~ for more information visit.www.aviva.co.uk*
          ( * Note: You are now leaving the regulated site of Uk Life Insurance Quotes. Neither ourselves, nor Sesame Ltd, is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Email also sent to HSBC to the CEO.

Anyone any experience with this group?
            are HFC and HSBC linked in some way?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              are HFC and HSBC linked in some way?

Hi TDS

Yes to what I am aware HSBC are members of the same group with HFC, am still doing more digging, and have emailed the CEO of HSBC just to see what he may come back with.

Comment

HSBC is the owner of HFC Bank asd stated here:

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/newsroom/new...ce-venture#top
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  HSBC is the owner of HFC Bank asd stated here:

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/newsroom/new...ce-venture#top

Also a paragraph from the link....

As well as creating a joint venture, HSBC intends to sell Hamilton Insurance Company Ltd and Hamilton Life Assurance Company Ltd to companies within the Aviva group. The Hamilton companies are currently owned by HFC Bank Limited, a subsidiary of US-based HSBC Finance Corporation.

Comment

Wonder if HSCB will respond by email today or in the following days.

Depending I suppose on how quickly the CEO reacts, and I assume as with any bank, the email sent will be passed on to his customer service team for them to deal with.

Also with sending an email to the Team Manager about the recent letter over the weekend, she will get back soon to put me in the picture of what is going on with a bit of luck.

Comment

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Wonder if HSCB will respond by email today or in the following days.

Depending I suppose on how quickly the CEO reacts, and I assume as with any bank, the email sent will be passed on to his customer service team for them to deal with.

Also with sending an email to the Team Manager about the recent letter over the weekend, she will get back soon to put me in the picture of what is going on with a bit of luck.

Lets hope you get to the bottom of this nightmare soon Di.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

I am surprised to have received an email today directly from the HSBC CEO, although he does state its a matter of HFC to deal with and not them even though they are of the same group.

Dear Mrs

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately I am unable to assist with your enquiry as it relates to HFC Bank which, although is part of the HSBC Group, it is a separate entity to HSBC Bank Plc.

I do not have an e-mail address for customer's to contact HFC Bank, however I can provide a telephone number and address for where your enquiry can be directed:

Telephone: 0870 010 0453
                        Address: HFC Bank Limited
                        Camden House West
                        The Parade
                        Birmingham
                        B1 3PY

Thanks and regards,

J
                        Regulatory & Customer Resolutions Manager | HSBC Bank Plc
                        JLFS, Card Service Delivery UK
                        120 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2QZ, UK

__________________________________________________ ____

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                          Lets hope you get to the bottom of this nightmare soon Di.:tinysmile_cry_t:
                          Thank you Cappo.
                          I am on to more letters today, did start one to HFC over the last few days but will get this done and send this afternoon.

A right tough one being passed around over the last 2 years or more than that really, believe it or not this did actually start in 2008, where I was trying to make the current broker Click Finance liable - as he is the same director/manager to the previous brojer Click Financial but they were not having any of it.

Then it all stemmed from there.

Comment

Thank you Cappo.
                            I am on to more letters today, did start one to HFC over the last few days but will get this done and send this afternoon.

A right tough one being passed around over the last 2 years or more than that really, believe it or not this did actually start in 2008, where I was trying to make the current broker Click Finance liable - as he is the same director/manager to the previous brojer Click Financial but they were not having any of it.

Then it all stemmed from there.

I know what your saying Di I started all my reclaims in september 2008,so far i have only had 3 small claims upheld,It all takes forever doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              I know what your saying Di I started all my reclaims in september 2008,so far i have only had 3 small claims upheld,It all takes forever doesn't it?
                              Hi Cappo

Its a drag isn't it? Still we've got this far we may as well go as far as possible now.

Just actually received another nice and quick email back from the CEO at HSBC with details of the HFC CEO, not email but he already gave the address which I did already have details of but still it helps I suppose.

Dear Mrs

I can confirm that the Chief Executive of HFC Bank is Ms Carmel Armstrong.

Ms Armstrong is based in Birmingham and can be contacted at the address provided previously.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks and regards,

J
                              Regulatory & Customer Resolutions Manager | HSBC Bank Plc
                              JLFS, Card Service Delivery UK
                              120 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2QZ, UK

__________________________________________________ ____

Comment

I am now waiting to hear a response from the Team Manager and the Adjudicator who dealt with this case - in relation to the letter received over the weekend, he will probably get back and say it was sent out as a matter of procedure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X