• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims

I have just had one poster who paid £3k to a CMC they held her money for best part of 15 months. She was distraught when she came here and was at her wits end close to suicide and now she has now received a FULL refund of monies albeit it took 14 days for them to agree the refund and a further 26 days for them to send the refund.

I think that this was outrageous and that they held on to her money knowing that there was no prospect of a claim - did not contact her at any time with an update, did not voluntary agree to refund til they were put on the spot and challenged. She had forgotten that those fees were recioverable in the event that she did not have claims for the service that she was sold.

Yopu did the right thing Avitar/Chris and congratuations for tyaking the bull by the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      I received a call completely out the blue on my mobile from Lifestyle Money a fortnight ago. At first, I challenged the fellow making the call as to where he got my number, as this is a business phone. He provided quite a plausible answer and continued with a very tempting speel of how I could reclaim at least £2500. He continued to ask me if I had ever had a credit card with ........? "yes" i replied, amazingly he stated, "they are one of the worst" he proceeded to ask if I had ever had a mortgage with .........? again I replied "yes" again amazingly when he had established the year, went on to tell me, at that time the mortgage provider employed students to load the details interest rates etc which in their experience had been loaded wrongly and there was a good chance I'd have a significant claim. At the time it all sounded good but in retrospect, pretty fishy. He took my details and asked if I wished to proceed. He passed me through to another person who he stated would check if he had conducted himself properly. The second person did not ask me anything with regard to the first persons conduct but proceeded to reiterate everything the first person had said and then "closed" the deal by asking for my credit card details. I did challenge him, stating, I did not know who they were and they had just called on spec. He assured me If I paid by credit card I had the security of the credit card terms, if all was not well. Stupidly, I agreed. Having now done an internet search of Lifestyle Money and finding this forum. I have sent them an e mail, telephoned and from advice on an earlier post have written to them, sent by registered mail, all within 14 days of payment. Only upon receipt of the registered letter advising of my cancellation, did they acknowledge my request. The acknowledgement came by way of a phone call, which went to my voicemail. I attempted to call them back on the missed call number 01792482444 which had a rather strange ringtone, it rang out and went to a standard computer style ansaphone with American accent. I hung up. The following day I received a further call by someone introducing themselves as the Team Leader, who deals with cancellations, during this call I was asked why I was being Awkard? Clearly, exercising my right to cancellation translates to "Awkard" for Lifestyle Money.
      The person finally relented but told me it would take 60 days to refund my payment, as they have to claim it back from the company who collected it on their behalf, of course my case could be dealt with within this period, should I wish to continue. At this point my apparent "awkwardness" turned to rage, I told him, "as they had collected the money directly from me it should be them who refund it" "Nonsense" I was told. I advised them I would inform my credit card company and ended the call. I then received a voicemail message from the same person calling from a mobile number, stating he had spoken to his team leader and in my case the funds would be refunded within 30 days.

I cannot believe I have been so naive.
      Same situation with my experience with Lifestyle Money (www.lifestylemoney.net / www.startmyclaim.com) recently. They invest a lot of time capturing information from you and convincing you that you have a strong claim whilst dancing around the subject of fees. They position the service as no win no fee, yet they want £300 off you upfront. I said that I wasn't giving my credit card details to anyone who had just cold called me, the "Senior Advisor" I had been put through to indicated that there was no risk because I was protected if I used a credit card. I told him I didn't care and he pretty much hung up on me. Seems like at least in part this is a scam to collect deposits and hold those funds in there own accoutns for a period. I am sure they do actually process successful claims for some people but I wouldn't take the chance to be honest. I recently had a successful 'no win no fee'claim for mis sold endowment and the claim company took a slice of the award. It was a big slice (about a third) but no upfront charge, no hassle for me and at the end of it I got a cheque so it was money for nothing

Comment

NOTICE

Lifestyle Claims have gone into administration.

They are Client Connection Ltd and have traded as Cento Client Review/Money Saving Exxxxx and of course last known as Lifestyle Claims

The administrators are:
        Sharma & Co.,
        Mr Gagen Dulari Sharma,
        257 Hagley Road,
        Birmingham,
        B16 9NA

Please also be very aware that there is another company trading from the same address called Lifestyle Money and they trade from a different Ltd Company and have their own authorisation from the MOJ. They also have some of the same directors that used to be on Client Connection Ltd.

Please be aware that Lifestyle Money cannot deal with Lifestyle Money matters and if they do you should be reporting this immediately to the MOJ as this is against the MOJ authorisation rules.

Also, Redhawk Legal have also been purporting to deal with Lifestyle Claims current claims and answering the phone as if they are Lifestyle Claims. The MOJ have said they cannot do this and I am sure the MOJ will close this down very quickly. We have also been advised that Ultimate Law have also taken on Lifestyle Claims and I am waiting for the MOJ to confirm the current position.

If anyone has received any notifications from the Administrator regarding the administration or that the business hqas been transferred can you advise me immediately and if possible post up the letters you have received.

Tuttsi

Last edited by TUTTSI; 15th November 2012, 09:39:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X