• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by flossie View Post
    Letter from MBNA today upholding mis-selling on credit card and offering me all PPI premiums paid plus associated interest and 8% interest. Result!

Well done!

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by flossie View Post
      Letter from MBNA today upholding mis-selling on credit card and offering me all PPI premiums paid plus associated interest and 8% interest. Result!
      well done can i ask when you put your complaint in as i'm still waiting for mine and i put mine in on 20th september 2010.was it an offer letter to sign and send back

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        I think you need to look at the FOS and their definition of redress which I think I have posted up here......hang on, will change my signature to reflect FOS guidelines....

EDIT: scrap that, it's here: how does the ombudsman approach redress where a PPI policy has been mis-sold?

Each individual case is different. In fact, the FOS has recently rejected a case which IMHO was pretty much a slam dunk(that one is now going through the court route).
        I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. I understand the FOS approach to redress and I understand that on upheld claims the 8% being payable is part of their guidance on ongoing loan claims.

What I don't understand is why RBS are not following FSA guidelines when offering redress. That is the issue I am trying to highlight.

Which other banks do you know of that aren't offering the 8% as standard on upheld complaints? I think i've heard of MBNA not offering it previously but i'm unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post
          I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. I understand the FOS approach to redress and I understand that on upheld claims the 8% being payable is part of their guidance on ongoing loan claims.

What I don't understand is why RBS are not following FSA guidelines when offering redress. That is the issue I am trying to highlight.

Which other banks do you know of that aren't offering the 8% as standard on upheld complaints? I think i've heard of MBNA not offering it previously but i'm unsure.
          HSBC are also making goodwill offers without interest.

RBS are making a goodwill gesture to settle, not an offer of full redress so technically its not a breach of FSA guidelines.

Its possible these are on accounts where its a bit of a grey area, i.e. they are struggling to recover info from time of sale etc but suspect is a case they may be able to defend, it may be the goodwill offers are a bid to clear the backlog rather than have to spend time dealing with FOS (and of course the case fee).

Also if looking at it cynically then you could say they are pushing their luck hoping some complainants will be desperate enough for money after waiting 7 months on hold that they will accept a reduced sum.

I've had clients this week who've chosed to accept goodwill gesture and forgoe interest in a bid to avoid delays of going through FOS so shows that the tactic is working for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
            HSBC are also making goodwill offers without interest.

RBS are making a goodwill gesture to settle, not an offer of full redress so technically its not a breach of FSA guidelines.

Its possible these are on accounts where its a bit of a grey area, i.e. they are struggling to recover info from time of sale etc but suspect is a case they may be able to defend, it may be the goodwill offers are a bid to clear the backlog rather than have to spend time dealing with FOS (and of course the case fee).

Also if looking at it cynically then you could say they are pushing their luck hoping some complainants will be desperate enough for money after waiting 7 months on hold that they will accept a reduced sum.

I've had clients this week who've chosed to accept goodwill gesture and forgoe interest in a bid to avoid delays of going through FOS so shows that the tactic is working for them.
            I've only ever experienced correct offers from HSBC other than the one occasion i spoke to someone who had complained directly. I wonder if they are dealing with some people differently than others.

When the RBS letter said it was a goodwill offer I telephoned them and the advisor stated the complaint had been upheld. I think you are right they are trying to make it seem a grey area as to whether or not its been upheld.

I do however think that the more people who contact the FSA about the practice the more likely it is that RBS will make the compliant offers.

You are also definitely right to look at it cynically and right that people who have been waiting months on hold will accept this rather than wait another year for the FOS to consider it.

Comment

the HSBC one was only received this week, maybe it only applies to cases that have been on hodl in a bid to clear the backlog without FOS intervention.

Comment

thought that because somebody had received offer letter from mbna today i would send another email to ceo i send him one every week since end of jr.somebody replied back saying there was a letter posted today with desicion and also that she would ask case officer to email me with content.complaint was sent to then 20th september 2010 and placed onhold since.

Thank you for your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) questionnaire and recent emails in relation to your ongoing complaint about the sale of the PPI policy. Mr O’Doherty has asked me to investigate the situation and respond to you directly.

I would again like to reiterate my apologies for the delay in bringing this matter to a conclusion and I hope that you have been satisfied with our efforts to keep you informed as to the status of your complaint.

As you may be aware, the recent court case between the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) and the Financial Services Authority has concluded, and we are now in a position to complete our investigation into the sale of your PPI policy.

Following careful consideration of the issues that you have raised, I can advise you that the decision has been made to uphold your complaint in full. Accordingly we have calculated your refund as follows:

Total amount of PPI premiums charged since sale date: £276.40
                Total amount of interest associated with the PPI premiums: £75.38
                8% credit balance interest: £70.36
                Total amount payable to you: £422.14

A cheque for the total amount will be sent to you within the next 10 working days and I trust you will find this an acceptable resolution.

Contd.

In the event that we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction or if you have any further information in relation to your complaint, that you feel may be relevant and must be considered, please contact us. If appropriate, we will then provide you with our final response letter. If you remain dissatisfied you can then refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, within six months of the date of our final response letter.

If we do not hear from you within the next eight weeks, we will consider this matter fully resolved.

I am enclosing a copy of "Our Commitment to You" leaflet, which explains our complaint handling process in greater detail. It also provides details of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Yours sincerely,

Gail Powell
                Vice President

A RESULT WOOHOO I'M I GETTING ALL THAT I AM DUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by k77mss View Post
                  thought that because somebody had received offer letter from mbna today i would send another email to ceo i send him one every week since end of jr.somebody replied back saying there was a letter posted today with desicion and also that she would ask case officer to email me with content.complaint was sent to then 20th september 2010 and placed onhold since.

Thank you for your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) questionnaire and recent emails in relation to your ongoing complaint about the sale of the PPI policy. Mr O’Doherty has asked me to investigate the situation and respond to you directly.

I would again like to reiterate my apologies for the delay in bringing this matter to a conclusion and I hope that you have been satisfied with our efforts to keep you informed as to the status of your complaint.

As you may be aware, the recent court case between the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) and the Financial Services Authority has concluded, and we are now in a position to complete our investigation into the sale of your PPI policy.

Following careful consideration of the issues that you have raised, I can advise you that the decision has been made to uphold your complaint in full. Accordingly we have calculated your refund as follows:

Total amount of PPI premiums charged since sale date: £276.40
                  Total amount of interest associated with the PPI premiums: £75.38
                  8% credit balance interest: £70.36
                  Total amount payable to you: £422.14

A cheque for the total amount will be sent to you within the next 10 working days and I trust you will find this an acceptable resolution.

Contd.

In the event that we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction or if you have any further information in relation to your complaint, that you feel may be relevant and must be considered, please contact us. If appropriate, we will then provide you with our final response letter. If you remain dissatisfied you can then refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, within six months of the date of our final response letter.

If we do not hear from you within the next eight weeks, we will consider this matter fully resolved.

I am enclosing a copy of "Our Commitment to You" leaflet, which explains our complaint handling process in greater detail. It also provides details of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Yours sincerely,

Gail Powell
                  Vice President

A RESULT WOOHOO I'M I GETTING ALL THAT I AM DUE!!

nice one thats two in the bag recently for you,congratulations don,t spend it all at once

Comment

Gail Powell!

How very interesting as she was the very person at MBNA who was fielding mis-sold PPI claims!

Comment

Gail powell is the signatory on all MBNA comp dept corres, its standard on their computer genreated letters, either that or shes very very busy lol.

I cant see and MBNA vice president dirtying their hands by dealing with the general public!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                        Gail powell is the signatory on all MBNA comp dept corres, its standard on their computer genreated letters, either that or shes very very busy lol.

I cant see and MBNA vice president dirtying their hands by dealing with the general public!
                        One wonders, if the amount had been substantial, would the cheque had been authorised with such ease?

Comment

the emails today have came from her and i have returned emails to her box but i find this very funny she sent one asking if i had received the contents of letter from case officer to which i replied back "yes and it was great news for me on a friday knowing i had won" her reply was "enjoy" lol oh i sure will enjoy you can bet on that so will everybody else when they get back what they are due!!

Comment

update on the RBS situation following the iron mountain posts in the last few days -

spoke with my contact in ppi concerns, saying new guidelines and processes to be used in reviwing cases to incorporate FSA policy statement havent been rolled out to case handlers yet, as yet no case handlers have been told when this will be so cant give an indication as to how long before responses start being issued.

Official line from RBS is all cases will now be reviewed asap and responses issued in due course, reality is if theyve not rolled new guidleines and processes out to staff then its unlikely to be any time soon.
                            Last edited by Paul210; 20th May 2011, 14:50:PM. Reason: spelling arrggh!

Comment

Very annoyed. I called Egg for another update on my complaint today, but was told it's still on hold - despite another Eggployee telling me earlier in the week that the hold had been lifted. Apparently that's only for Egg Loans, not Egg Cards.

Why on earth is it taking them so long? Ridiculous.

Since I've been refusing to make any further repayments until this was sorted (a matter of principle for me) Egg will issue a default notice next month. Is there anything I can do to delay this, other than pay off the arrears?

Comment

Originally posted by igglepiggle View Post
                                Very annoyed. I called Egg for another update on my complaint today, but was told it's still on hold - despite another Eggployee telling me earlier in the week that the hold had been lifted. Apparently that's only for Egg Loans, not Egg Cards.

Why on earth is it taking them so long? Ridiculous.

Since I've been refusing to make any further repayments until this was sorted (a matter of principle for me) Egg will issue a default notice next month. Is there anything I can do to delay this, other than pay off the arrears?
                                Egg, are notorious for dragging their heels...!

Re: the default notice:

Egg (Barclays) should not be issuing same, whilst the account is clearly in "Dispute"; and
                                if, the information is recorded on your CRA credit file, the information would be incorrect, which would breach the DPA.

[Emphasis] firms must take great care about registering defaults with the CRA's in this particular situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X