• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Never been impressed with MBNA...the left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing!!!

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      It means they'll lobby to get it changed in future regulatory legislation, at least according to an e-mail the BBA sent out to it's members last week:

''The issue of retrospection remains and is relevant not just for PPI and retail business, but to all areas where conduct of business regulation applies. This has therefore underscored the concerns the industry has had for some time. The BBA will now be taking this matter forward with our various authorities as the new regulatory framework is developed.''

But with an unchallenged High Court judgment as case law it won't be easy for them.
      That BBA email you refer to is fascinating. I just googled the text, and only found your reference to it. Can you provide any more details to make it more attributable? e.g. a scan or something like that - so it can be used in our blog/cartoon strip? As I said in my blog, the BBA isn't worried about PPI as much as it is about protecting their right to do wrong so long as it is in the letter of the law.
      Ripped-off Britons: Payment Protection Insurance: bankers appeal to protect their right to do wrong

Comment

sorry if theres been any posts re this before,my friend was in barclays today and apparantly he was told that mbna is owned by Lioyds tsb now? any truth in that? i thought they were owned by bank of america

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
          sorry if theres been any posts re this before,my friend was in barclays today and apparantly he was told that mbna is owned by Lioyds tsb now? any truth in that? i thought they were owned by bank of america
          Just goes to show you doesn't?

Even the Bank employees don't know who owns who!

Mbna, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank of America Corp and;
          nothing to do with the Llloyds Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
            Just goes to show you doesn't?

Even the Bank employees don't know who owns who!

Mbna, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank of America Corp and;
            nothing to do with the Llloyds Group.

i did think as much if there,s been a sale of mbna bank i know i,ve not heard of it. as you say ac the banks don,t have a clue whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              I asked the FSA what the bill was for external professional and legal fees in defending the Judicial Review under the Freedom of Information Act.

They've responded with a total figure of £867,346.78 + VAT. I would imagine the FOS incurred a similar bill but of course Justice Ousley awarded the costs against the BBA at the judgment hand-down. And with the BBA's and Nemo's own costs I reckon they wouldn't have got much change from £5 million.

Not that much when compared to the billions the banks are now liable for in PPI redress but nonetheless a large chunk of change to lay out for being humiliated in court.
              Written response attached.

They're obviously quite pleased with themselves.

Comment

Exc,

As the BBA lost I take it that those costs above from the FSA now have to be paid by the BBA.

I would also imagine that the FOS also have similar costs to be paid by the BBA quite a sum taking into account the BBA's own costs must be near £2.5m

Quite a hit for the BBA.
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hello. I used JSK Claims myself and it was all fine. they got me back £2k (with interest) and invoiced me for 10%. I got the funds direct. hope this helps!
                  simon

Comment

Originally posted by simontemple View Post
                    Hello. I used JSK Claims myself and it was all fine. they got me back £2k (with interest) and invoiced me for 10%. I got the funds direct. hope this helps!
                    simon

Thanks, thats who im using too. Just out of curiosity, when did you send them your information?
                    Dukeydogg

Comment

Originally posted by simontemple View Post
                      simon

With the greatest of respect, I do not understand why it would be necessary to go to a claims company in order to reclaim £2,000.00?

Any reasonably intelligent consumer could acheive same, without having to forego/lose 10% of their reclaim!

Comment

How to ensure your compensation is paid

</EM>
                        Banks have to refund billions of pounds to millions of people for mis-selling PPI, but there are ways to help the process along.

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/i...d-2284169.html

The banks have finally given up the fight and will not appeal against the High Court judgment on payment protection insurance (PPI), paving the way for millions of customers to reclaim their money.

It's the news we've all been waiting for, but now for the tricky bit – waiting for the banks to hand over compensation to the tune of an estimated £10bn.
                        "Refunding billions of pounds to millions of people will be a mammoth undertaking, and to get it wrong would add insult to injury," says Adam Scorer, the head of external affairs at Consumer Focus. "We are calling on the banks to put aside the resources that are going to be needed to ensure people get their money back quickly and efficiently."

There have been more than 1.5 million complaints made about PPI since the Financial Services Authority (FSA) took over regulation in 2005. Now, all the cases which the banks put on hold at the beginning of the High Court case in October 2010 will be re-opened, and the banks will begin the process of addressing these complaints and compensating customers.

For further details, on link above.

Comment

Is it possible to give a manner that is straight forward as to what should be paid, whether that figure is right and perhaps pros and cons of accepting what is offered(apologies if that sounds complicated) but we know that financial institutions are known to perhaps try it on.

Thanks
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

yet another "sorry for the delay, enquiries are taken longer than anticipated" from M&S
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Help Needed please.
                              I have a friend that was declared bankrupt and he has been discharged for one year, He has loads of credit cards and loans that were part of the bankruptcy, if he makes a claim for mis-selling and is successful will the money be credited to him or the outstanding creditors (bearing in mind he has been discharged for over a year)?

Many thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                                yet another "sorry for the delay, enquiries are taken longer than anticipated" from M&S

It really isn't good enough, is it dogtired?

It's not your fault that their enquiries are taking longer than anticipated! It's not your fault they have built up a massive back log! It's not your fault that your frustrated! It's not your fault they used an unauthorised and unsanctioned hold against your complaint when they should of been processing it as normal!

Yet the banks still treat us like mere immortals!

The whole bloody PPI mess starts with the banks and I sure as hell hope it ends with the banks!

They sold/forced the worthless policies to thousands of people! They dismissed genuine complaints about it! They took their inferior arguement to the courts! They used an unsanctioned hold on our genuine complaints! They've been making us wait for months now through absolutely no fault of our own.

We the customers (and bank bailing tax payers) have done absolutely nothing wrong! We have sat in the sidelines waiting patiently for months

Where does the buck end? Really?

I really don't care if it has only been a week since the Judicial Review officially finished.

Getting a reply now saying "sorry for the delay, enquiries are taken longer than anticipated" really is salt in the ******* wound!

They've had bloody months! And if they had been processing complaints as they were supposed to they wouldn't be in the even bigger bloody mess than they are!

They really are a shower of ********!

Sorry my profanities!

Rant over!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X