• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

these banks are very naughty people arn,t they, capital one now put a hold on my account because i had put in a claim for misselling of ppi i thought the banks had stopped doing that years ago, they cited the reason that because i was trying to re-claim i was in financial hardship,very embarrassing when you want to pay your vet bill,i might make a note of that on my fos claim form i,m not sending it off until tommorow,blagards!

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
      these banks are very naughty people arn,t they, capital one now put a hold on my account because i had put in a claim for misselling of ppi i thought the banks had stopped doing that years ago, they cited the reason that because i was trying to re-claim i was in financial hardship,very embarrassing when you want to pay your vet bill,i might make a note of that on my fos claim form i,m not sending it off until tommorow,blagards!
      I would include it as a separate element of your complaint.

There was some guidance issued by the FSA about the retaliatory account closing of complainants issued during the bank charges test case - I'll try and dig it up.

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...on-438951.html

Comment

It was part of the waiver direction - pages 6 & 7 http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/doing/re...ction_disp.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            I would include it as a separate element of your complaint.

There was some guidance issued by the FSA about the retaliatory account closing of complainants issued during the bank charges test case - I'll try and dig it up.
            thanks exc i,ve now included a separate hand written page to fos detailing what was said by cap 1 about trying to claim ppi and them assuming i was in financial hardship (their words) because i,d tried to claim the ppi through a cmc then they put me through to another department who effectively denied it,i can,t believe the depths they stoop to,the way i see it they,ve just made my job easier

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              PDF version for peeps who don't have word/works etc

Excellent stuff Ame.
              Pages and pages of reading here, but interesting, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Excellent stuff Ame.
                Pages and pages of reading here, but interesting, thanks.
                i second that di well done turbo and ame

Comment

MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: If it is legitimate to look at it. You say having looked at it I do not get much out of it.

MR BRINDLE FSA: Yes, I am not going to die in a ditch on the basis that it is inadmissible, so I am prepared to go ahead on that basis.

MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: Choose your own ditch.

MR BRINDLE FSA: Yes, I might die in another ditch, but not this one.

LORD PANNICK BBA: We do not mind which ditch my friend -- (Laughter)

Comment

Oh yes and our amazing Turbo too. X:tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: If it is legitimate to look at it. You say having looked at it I do not get much out of it.

MR BRINDLE FSA: Yes, I am not going to die in a ditch on the basis that it is inadmissible, so I am prepared to go ahead on that basis.

MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: Choose your own ditch.

MR BRINDLE FSA: Yes, I might die in another ditch, but not this one.

LORD PANNICK BBA: We do not mind which ditch my friend -- (Laughter)

That also gave me a right giggle too pmsl
                    Last edited by di30; 14th February 2011, 23:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: I don't understand why if you are

24 entitled, as the ombudsman, to look at the Principles to

25 augment the specific rules exceptionally, why you are

1 not entitled to do it more commonly. I can't see what

2 Principle enables you to do it exceptionally rather than

3 commonly. It seems to me you either can or you can't do

4 it.
                      MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: It seemed to me, listening to the

3 argument develop, that in fact the argument amounts to

4 this. If I'm wrong I would like to know. If you comply

5 with ICOB you cannot be held to have breached anything

6 leading to redress.
                      Principle 9 is ICOB 4.3.1 and principle 7 is ICOB

10 2.2.3.
                      So Mr Flint's general point is that you

7 set out your principles and those are what you are going

8 to apply and then you take account of ICOBS, you may

9 very well end up imposing similar obligations regardless

10 of whether the sale is advised or not advised because

11 you are applying a uniform, principle-based standard,

12 which in effect does away with the different provisions

13 in the ICOBS which apply too them. That, as I

14 understand it is -- I may not put it as elegantly as he

15 will in reply, but that, as I understand it, is where he

16 is coming from.

17 MR MALEK: But we are not ignoring ICOB or ICOBS.

18 MR JUSTICE OUSELEY: No, no, he is not saying you are. He

19 is saying you are eliminating the effect of them or may

20 eliminate the effect of them by applying an overarching

21 standard and then simply taking account of the ICOBS.
                      ICOB

20 and ICOBS are not exhaustive of a customer's right.
                      whether the firm that sold the PPI gave its

16 customer information that was clear, fair and not

17 misleading - in order to put the customer in a position

18 where they could make an informed choice about the

19 transaction that they were entering into and the

20 insurance that we were buying and whether in giving any

21 advice or recommendation, the firm took adequate steps

22 to ensure that the product it recommended was suitable

23 for that customer's needs."
                      22 "I should never have been sold this product in the

23 first place, either because I was not given the

24 information to make an informed choice or because the

25 product was not suitable for me."

We have complied with ICOB and

6 ICOBS

we have not had a situation yet

5 where a firm has said, "We have complied with ICOB and

6 ICOBS," and the Ombudsman says, "You have not complied

7 with the principles," we have held them liable
                      Last edited by MBD23; 15th February 2011, 01:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This is almost unbelievable. Over 40 years since we put a man on the moon, we still didn't have any complaints handling rules?

MR BRINDLE: …………as I said yesterday, 1998, there had not yet been the DISP rules at all about the way in which complaints were to be treated, as we established I think at an earlier stage, those rules first came in 2001. Until that time there were no rules relating to how complaints should be dealt with, certainly at the pre-Ombudsman stage.

Comment

This is almost unbelievable. Over 40 years since we put a man on the moon, we still didn't have any complaints handling rules?

MR BRINDLE: …………as I said yesterday, 1998, there had not yet been the DISP rules at all about the way in which complaints were to be treated, as we established I think at an earlier stage, those rules first came in 2001. Until that time there were no rules relating to how complaints should be dealt with, certainly at the pre-Ombudsman stage.
                          hear hear

Comment

As the old saying goes, Life's a ditch. And then you die.

Comment

resolving banking-related disputes

Just to clarify the issue of complaints. Banks were in a voluntary scheme but under the FSMA 2000 all banks had to be members of the scheme if they took deposits.
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Is Brindle with the BBA or the FOS/FSA?
                                The FSA produced a booklet on how to complain in 1999
                                Dont be fobbed off --- financial watchdog tells consumers
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X