• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Tools just spoke to Brian Mairs at the BBA (as he met him at the supreme court) nothing new really, official stance is as on website, and he can't comment till he hears from Lloyds...funnily enough he's trying to speak to the same person we tried to speak to earlier and shes STILL in a meeting. lol. Sounds to me like the drawbridge is up for the moment.

They've been having lots of contact from the CMCs trying to find out whats going on (I guess they are worried about their business models going down the toilet where it belongs)

Tools mentioned concerns over FH cases and was reassured that would be looked at if anything ref holds on claims did happen. They are basically in same boat as us and no nothing more than we do and will let us know when theres any further update.

But we'll keep bugging Lloyds.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Whats FH cases Ame?

Comment

Sorry, financial hardship xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          he can't comment till he hears from Lloyds...
          That doesn't quite chime with what Lloyds told MSE:

"However, while the court is considering the issues raised by the BBA, any PPI sales-related complaints will be on hold until further notice. This decision was taken in full consultation with the BBA.'"

Comment

hmmm doesnt does it. Will ask him.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Barclays have no comment as it's under review with their legal department at the moment - Liz Holloway - Press Office.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                That doesn't quite chime with what Lloyds told MSE:

"However, while the court is considering the issues raised by the BBA, any PPI sales-related complaints will be on hold until further notice. This decision was taken in full consultation with the BBA.'"

Brian just said he wasn't aware of that statement from Lloyds and is now consulting the legal department at the bba. Obviously he is unable to comment.

Think we may well have statements from somewhere soon.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Does anyone know of a consumer group that can actually sink their teeth into the backs of these banks. I am getting increasingly worried that there is actually NOONE whom the banks respect and adhere to their findings. They just seem to do exactly what they want with whom they want without any hesitation. I feel sure that if any of us behaved that way we would be very shortly and shriftly put back in our boxes...

wheazy57.

Comment

Originally posted by wheazy57 View Post
                    Does anyone know of a consumer group that can actually sink their teeth into the backs of these banks. I am getting increasingly worried that there is actually NOONE whom the banks respect and adhere to their findings. They just seem to do exactly what they want with whom they want without any hesitation. I feel sure that if any of us behaved that way we would be very shortly and shriftly put back in our boxes...

wheazy57.
                    Yeah, the FSA, their regulator:lalala: who they are not listening to....

Comment

Originally posted by wheazy57 View Post

wheazy57.
                      Yes, you have just found them
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Have the HSBC also stopped accepting complaints? Someone has twittered it??

Comment

I will ask them too.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Just read this also

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2104092.html

Comment

putting it in press

here FSA bans three fraudulent mortgage brokers and imposes fines totalling more than£400k - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

oo marshy you changed the link lol. Well at least my story (lol) shows the FSA do still have SOME teeth.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 12th October 2010, 11:11:AM.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                                Have the HSBC also stopped accepting complaints? Someone has twittered it??
                                Don't know yet although ''....all but Santander saying they are currently reviewing their own policy on new claims.''

LLoyds refuse any more PPI claims | Credit Jungle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X