• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    I know.

It's because you posted it that I quoted it to identify the source of your confusion.

Keep up!
    Charming!

Confused customers

Banks have been writing to their customers explaining that they need to contact HMRC themselves to discuss what tax is due on the interest payments. This has left some customers confused.
    "This has left some customers confused" [Emphasis Added]

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

If you are caught up in this fiasco you could be understood for thinking” Why should we have to pay anything at all?” After all, it’s the customers who were wrongly sold PPI in the first place. Funny how the Government is quick to Latch onto an extra revenue stream…it’s just a shame they weren’t as fast to move in and put a stop to these dodgy dealings earlier: saved millions of people stress and distress!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        Funny how the Government is quick to Latch onto an extra revenue stream…it’s just a shame they weren’t as fast to move in and put a stop to these dodgy dealings earlier
        Since when did the Government get involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K
          Have I got this right, guys ? The FSA and HMRC have decided that the paltry 8% simple interest awarded as compensation in PPI claims is liable for income tax. Yes/No ?
          Please tick the box, if yes...[_]

...and their reasoning is based on the presumption that the claimants would have invested this misappropriated money in savings accounts, or similar investments, had they not been unlawfully deprived of it. Yes/No ?
          Please tick the box, if yes...[_]
          Yeah, OK., then..., shoot me down EXC, ya bugga !!!

Comment

What I meant was when did the Government put a stop to mis-selling PPI - as it was a combination of the FSA, Competition Commission and the High Court that did that and nothing to do with the Government.

Comment

Sorry guys - I thought the discussion was still about the 'appropriation' by Her Majesty's Revenue of some of our paltry 8% compensatory interest.

I guess I missed the 'splice' - where is it ? You're all far too quick for me here !!! :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

So...what's the topic, now, FFS !!! :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                Sorry guys - I thought the discussion was still about the 'appropriation' by Her Majesty's Revenue of some of our paltry 8% compensatory interest.:tinysmile_aha_t:
                Well it was until another topic (that somehow the ''Government'' was too slow to step in to stop the mis-selling) was introduced and to which I responded.

Comment

As You know, there was a lack of financial regulation under both Blair and Brown...

Gordon Brown, the former Prime Minister, admitted that his approach to the regulation of the financial sector before the banking system crashed was a ‘big mistake’!

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.Gov collect taxes for the Government.

Rest assured that the is not another topic, EXC.

Comment

For Clarity just in case you do not understand:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyFHeCIz2YU

Comment

I've got my head in my hands.

Do you suffer from dyslexia?

My point was that the ''Government'' never got involved (even belatedly) in stopping the PPI scandal as you suggested they did.

Comment

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question, EXC. In effect, I was agreeing with the point which your question implies, in that the Government indeed did NOT get involved until it saw the revenue stream to which AC referred.
                        Originally posted by EXC
                        No, but I do find it difficult to read words which are not written, or hear words which are not spoken, now you mention it. I'll have to get that checked out !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                          I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question, EXC.

That's ok I know you did and it's why I qualified it in post #4655.

TBH I often struggle with the meaning of some of your posts and know that others do.

What did you think I meant when I asked ''Since when did the Government get involved?''

That's not a rhetorical question, I'd genuinely be interested to know.

Comment

That's ok I know you did and it's why I qualified it in post #4655.
                            The qualification is most appreciated, sir. I am just so terribly sorry that I didn't have the ESP opportunity to read it before it was posted - and that you consider that to be a disability on my part and/or others.
                            TBH I often struggle with the meaning of some of your posts and know that others do.
                            TBH I guess I suffer from the same affliction, EXC, and I know that others do. So - presumably, you also suffer from dyslexia, then ? Personally, I have never thought that those who misunderstood me were dyslexic - and I sincerely hope I have never dispensed such a diagnosis. I don't understand many of your posts - but I MOST CERTAINLY do not consider you as dyslexic because of that - NOR those who have the misfortune to misunderstand your excellent posts.

What did you think I meant when I asked ''Since when did the Government get involved?''

That's not a rhetorical question, I'd genuinely be interested to know.
                            No problemo, sir. The Government did NOT get involved until the point where I asked you to tick the box. THAT is where the the HMRC agreed with the FSA that the 8% interest was taxable. What's the problem here ? Dyslexia or ESP ? I didn't leave this to the imagination - I made a post with real words !!!

Comment

No probs but just to be clear I didn't consider that you were dyslexic as I thought the question implictly wasn't aimed at you but the author of the previous 2 posts. So rest assured I think you're as bright as a button.

Back to topic, did the HMRC specifically have an agreement with FSA that PPI compensation interest was taxable? I was under the impression that HMRC was just applying their own policy on treating interest as income. But if you're right any agreement should be available under the Freedom of Information Act which might be worth asking for.

Comment

I've got my head in my hands.

My point was that the ''Government'' never got involved (even belatedly) in stopping the PPI scandal as you suggested they did.
                                Clearly, I do not suffer from dyslexia, a stammer or any other unfortunate impairment!

I do however take an extremely dim view about you asking such a question on the worldwide web. Millions of people, including children suffer from various types of dyslexia;
                                dyslexia does not indicate being short witted, in fact quite to the contrary.

Perhaps, you should take the time to read the Disability Discrimination Act and the Equality Act before you cause any further offence to any other individual.

Finally, I did not suggest that the Government got involved in stopping the PPI scandal.

Please, do NOT put words into my mouth.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X