• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    Hang on, this is YOUR argument, ie use a private solicitor/CMC(reputable) yet you have no idea of the legal argument if there is one and neither do I.

Marshallka or Di30, you guys wanna help out both NLP and myself?

Hiya
    Sorry missed this earlier.

Can I ask with what please, not had the chance to read through all the posts yet? lol cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hiya
      Sorry missed this earlier.

Can I ask with what please, not had the chance to read through all the posts yet? lol cheers.
      Don't worry, Di... Super Amethyst was there to the rescue again... .is there nothing he/she does not know? lol

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
        Don't worry, Di... Super Amethyst was there to the rescue again... .is there nothing he/she does not know? lol

LOL, thanks NLP, was about to have a read through now.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
          She still forgets I dont like salad
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

Lmao :tape2:

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

Ermmm, 1 minute 30 into the clip.....am sure Amethyst will love this one but please do not have your tea while watching the clip otherwise you might need a new computer
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

pmsl 30p - a bargain !
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone making a "late" complaint after receiving their final response over 6 months ago. The deadline for making "late" complaints is..(this suspension was given some time ago but is due to run out next week...)

The temporary suspension of this limit is effective immediately and will run until 27 October 2010, and applies to consumers who have made recent PPI complaints and have already been sent a final response from a firm between 28 November 2009 and 28 April 2010.

So not much time left....

Comment

sorry, i'm a relative beginner to the ppi thing. what is the temporray suspension? are you saying there is a window for claims and after which they won't consider them anymore? sorry if this is a dumb question but in all probability if i'm thinking it some others on here might be too!

Comment

For info - Bank of America (MBNA) have posted their results in the States.

There is a $592 million reserve related to paying PPI claims. This is the reclaim element, not paying the insurance product as a result of claims under the policy, as that is covered off balance sheet.

They would of course have to account for this irrespective of the JR but it gives you an idea of the volume of claims they expect.

Cheers

Comment

When the FSA clarified some stuff and FOS went a bit stronger on the issue and peeps already had had final responses from the banks they allowed people to take those final responses to FOS ----- tell you what will get the news things - PPI mis-selling victims given longer to complain | This is Money

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) today changed the rules temporarily to remove the time limit. Until now customers had six months after having their case rejected by the PPI seller to lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
                        The new rule will come into effect from today and run for five months, until 27 October 2010.

The rule applies to recent PPI complainants who have already been sent a final response from a firm between the dates of 28 November 2009 and 28 April 2010 inclusive.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-...#ixzz12tPXCUcm
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Court docs should be available from the courts in the next few days - so keeping ears to the ground on that.
                          I spoke to the Administrative Court at RCJ and the court documents won't become publicly available until the FSA & FOS have filed acknowledgment of service - which they haven't yet - and have 21 days to from the point the JR application was served. I was advised that although the BBA lodged the JR application on the 8th, this wouldn't necessarily be the date of service. Notwithstanding the documents should be available at any point in the next two weeks.

Although we're hoping that the documents will clarify which policies/complaints are affected by the Judicial Review, and which aren't, it wouldn't surprise me that the BBA's application is worded in such a way that they could claim that all are.

Comment

Hi

I'm sorry, but I started following this thread--but with me working on PF's complex sums--I couldn't keep up with all the reading!

Is it possible for someone to summarise where we are at in terms of current & future claims & also the new proposals re Calculations in the last 50 pages of the Policy Doc

Thanks

Turbo

Comment

I'm sure we'll all get this when the dust settles, Turbo. Ame does an excellent summary, as a rule. I usually wait until then.

She comes good in the end....!!!:beagle:

Comment

Cheeky burger, ''in the end !''

There isnt much to update, banks still think they have put PPI claims on hold, so do the bba, the FSA and FOS don't, we don't and it will come to a head at some point when people argue with FOS. nLp thinks FSA are going to sue the banks or something to enforce the current DISP rules, and Santander are not involved in the JR at all.

The proposals for the calcs are not in force till 1st December, so for now its still the FOS calc examples, and we don't know the full extent of the Judicial Review argument until the documents are released which will be in around a weeks time but expect it to concetrate on the retrospectivity of the 1st Dec rules.

Thats quite concise lol.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X