• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
    Had a reply from FOS saying that my Cap 1 claim has not been upheld,have now passed it to the Ombudsman

I had the same leuc why are the fos cove:tinysmile_cry_t:ring for this bunch of crooks?

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Had a reply from FOS saying that my Cap 1 claim has not been upheld,have now passed it to the Ombudsman

I had the same leuc why are the fos cove:tinysmile_cry_t:ring for this bunch of crooks?

Comment

Hi Cappo, Cap 1 said I asked for PPI over the phone in 1997 so I asked for the transcript of the conversation but they said no. They couldn't provide the FOS with a transcript (so did they have one in the first place) but the FOS say that in all probability Cap1 explained that the policy was optional and that I would of agreed to the cover at the time of the sale so no refund.

Comment

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
          lloyds just advised us that the last 100,000 claims they have been processed have been done "accidentally" wrong and the clients have been sent offers directly without them going through their cmc, we have had 3 clients advise us of offers having been sent directly to them today,

I wondered if any other cmc's have experienced this , or are aware of this and if lloyds have advised them anything, or if anyone has a senior contact at lloyds they could suggest we could talk to , in order to find out any information?

thanks in advance

Blimey, does that go for all complaints that have not even used a CMC?

Comment

Well done to all the new winners.

Comment

Hi Cappo, Cap 1 said I asked for PPI over the phone in 1997 so I asked for the transcript of the conversation but they said no. They couldn't provide the FOS with a transcript (so did they have one in the first place) but the FOS say that in all probability Cap1 explained that the policy was optional and that I would of agreed to the cover at the time of the sale so no refund.

Hi leuc,i feel there are big problems at the fos now,capital one will just bleat non advised all the time and the fos are falling for it,they told me the same said they accepted that cap 1 had'nt told me about the ongoing cost of the policy and the benefits received on paying of the premiums,in other words they expected me to sell a policy to myself, last time i looked i wasn't a financial advisor,mine is with the ombudsman now,hopefully he/she will have more sense than the adjudicator i would'nt bet on it though,i've kinda lost a bit of faith in the fos over this,thousands of people are having problems with the way cap 1 sold them there ppi,how can the fos be so blind? we can't all be wrong can we?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Hi Cappo I spoke to the adjudicator and asked how Cap 1 can confirm I asked for the PPI but can't provide the evidence to back this up I also asked him to pass it to the ombudsman

Comment

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
                  lloyds just advised us that the last 100,000 claims they have been processed have been done "accidentally" wrong and the clients have been sent offers directly without them going through their cmc, we have had 3 clients advise us of offers having been sent directly to them today,

I wondered if any other cmc's have experienced this , or are aware of this and if lloyds have advised them anything, or if anyone has a senior contact at lloyds they could suggest we could talk to , in order to find out any information?

thanks in advance
                  MBD - I spoke with a team leader at lloyds about this (see my prev post), she said that the issue only effected the last 3 working days (if you beleive her) and that in due course they will be sent out. Under DISP rules they are supposed to correspond with 3rd parties where authority states so, I reminded them of this and requested copies immediately. She advised best to email customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk and said they would provide. I sent mine over 3.30 y-day, no response yet but this seems the best option.
                  Last edited by Paul210; 7th July 2011, 15:44:PM.

Comment

Fos recounts PPI tackling dispute with BBA

• Emma Ann Hughes and Simoney Girard
                    • FinancialAdviser
                    • Published Thursday , July 07, 2011

Having to meet in court was “disappointing”, Natalie Ceeney, chief ombudsman for the Financial Ombudsman Service, has told members of the British Bankers’ Association.
                    Advertising

Speaking at the BBA’s international banking conference in London, Ms Ceeney said it was “slightly strange” to be standing as a speaker at the conference, given that for much of the past six months, “the majority of discussions between the Fos and the BBA had been conducted through lawyers”.
                    She was referring to the judicial review hearing brought by the BBA on how to resolve the issue of how payment protection insurance complaints should be handled.
                    Ms Ceeney said: “I am pleased that we have a clear approach on how to move forward over PPI, and that banks and financial businesses now appear to be fully committed to following that approach.
                    “But I am sure that we would all agree it was very disappointing to end up in a court room to resolve the issue.”
                    She pointed out that in the past financial year, Fos had received 200,000 new complaints in total, a third of which related to banking and credit, while half related to PPI.
                    Ms Ceeney added: “For many of us, debt has become a fact of life. At the same time, financial products have become more complicated, leaving many consumers increasingly bored and bewildered with the hassle of finance. They are looking for trusted third parties to analyse and advise on what, and who, to trust out there.
                    “I believe it’s important that banks make significant changes to the way they process and handle complaints in order to build consumer confidence. Customers judge us through the lens of how we treat them when things go wrong, and this is something we need to improve.”
                    Angela Knight, chief executive of the BBA, agreed that communication and debate was important between the trade body and various regulatory authorities. She said: “Decisions do get driven by public commentary, emotion and prejudice. But while these will be part of any debate about the banks and banking for some time to come, logical, clear thinking and careful analysis of the options must be the key drivers in creating the solutions.”
                    Her comments were matched by Treasury select committee chairman Andrew Tyrie MP, who told delegates that bankers have not always helped their own cause.
                    He said: “The practice of bank bashing is still with us but the banking sector is a vital part of our economy and we will not recover without it.”

http://www.ftadviser.com/FinancialAd...e-with-BBA.jsp
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Have a read of the full speech:
                      improving redress
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      As I know we have a few CMC's on the thread here is what she said about your good selves

"Claims-management companies

And in the last decade we’ve also seen the emergence of claims-management companies. In financial services, these companies were born out of mortgage endowment mis-selling. Now, three quarters of PPI complaints to the ombudsman involve claims-management companies. They didn’t create PPI mis-selling – but they have exploited the situation aggressively – and hugely to their commercial advantage.

The opinions I hear expressed about claims-management companies range from the unprintable to the view that they’re “a more powerful corrective force than the regulator”. But what everyone seems to agree on is that they are undeniably a powerful force in the market that can’t be ignored."
                      Last edited by leclerc; 7th July 2011, 09:16:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I wonder whether anyone can help with this, or if it has been covered before on Legal Beagles, lead me to the relevant thread.
                        As A CMC I have drawn a complete blank with all compaints with store cards now handled by SANTANDER. Typically, the complaint is refused by Santander because they say that their processes made clear that the policy was not compulsory, the policy was cancellable, etc., etc. However, "In relation to the reference to the sales process in store, there is no requirement upon us to record the sales process and so we have no way of knowing what took place on (date)" In other words, we don't know what went on, but we do know the policy was'nt mis-sold. (!)
                        Santander then say "If you are dissatisfied with our response you may refer the complaint to the FLA." I have referred a couple of these to the FLA, who appear to have no power whatsoever and respond to the effect that if Santander believe that the policy has not been mis-sold that's good enough for us.
                        My questions are:
                        1. Has anyone else been through this process and, if so, have they had any success?
                        2. Does the FLA have any power to overrule Santanders' (or anyone else's) rejections?
                        3. Is there any other appeal route (outside legal action) that one can take after the FLA's sorry we can't help?
                        JDEH

Comment

With Santander they would have had sales scripts at the time of the sale. However, the misselling is on the basis that the client either had the cover elsewhere, was ineligible at the time of the sale, or that the salesman insisted that it was required for the cover. Have the FLA said they couldn't help because they don't deal with complaints? Would the FOS deal with the complaint?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            With Santander they would have had sales scripts at the time of the sale. However, the misselling is on the basis that the client either had the cover elsewhere, was ineligible at the time of the sale, or that the salesman insisted that it was required for the cover. Have the FLA said they couldn't help because they don't deal with complaints? Would the FOS deal with the complaint?
                            What happens is that the FLA advises the lender (in this case Santander) of the appeal and invites the lender to respond. The lender then gives a response exactly the same as the original rejection, which the FLA forwards to the CMC and the client, seemingly without question. Hence, one is back to square one!
                            I have written more than once to the FOS asking whether they can intervene or whether one can formerly appeal to them. They have never replied, so I don't know the answer to your question.
                            JDEH

Comment

Have you telephoned their advice line cos that would be simpler and quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Have you telephoned their advice line cos that would be simpler and quicker?
                                No, but I have sent copies of letters to Mrs Ceeney who said they would be looked into immediately ......
                                JDEH

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X