• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

I put my claims in August/Sept last year, waited 8 weeks as told,waited another 4 then was told the JR was putting all on hold. I am sure that the 10 ish weeks between me complaining and the BBA starting there whinging some work apart from letter sending must have been done. Surely that should mean that people in situation like mine should be dealt with quickly as all the work had been done prior to the hissy fit! No the banks still want there power am afraid

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Yes, I agree - follow this link from Barclays web site which has been posted in the PPI forum. I dont think any of the banks will refund unless you have followed the correct proceedure which they have laid out.
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=28654

Originally posted by seller 17 View Post
      Did he say they would pro actively refund? (sounds to easy this for me)

I think people should be wary and still get their complaints in.

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
        :...No the banks still want there power am afraid
        Patience, is a virtue:beagle:

Comment

What will be the next delaying tactic?

Losing letters of authority.
          Losing acceptance letters
          Losing initial complaint letters
          Interest Issues, the list will go on.

We've got it all to come!

Comment

HSBC defends BBA over dropping of PPI review

12 May 2011 12:00 pm

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/regu...030884.article

HSBC is the only major highstreet bank to publicly defend the British Bankers’ Association for its handling of the failed judicial review against the FSA and the Financial Ombudsmnan Service over PPI complaints.
            Last week, Lloyds Banking Group announced it was to break ranks with the BBA and other members to pay out up to £3.2bn of PPI compensation before the trade body had decided whether it was to appear the recent High Court decision to reject its judicial review against the FSA and FOS over PPI redress.

Comment

LOL :lol::lol::biggrin1: found this from the Cartoon-Bankers website - appropriate

http://www.cartoonbankers.com/wp-con...010/10/ppi.bmp

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                I put my claims in August/Sept last year, waited 8 weeks as told,waited another 4 then was told the JR was putting all on hold. I am sure that the 10 ish weeks between me complaining and the BBA starting there whinging some work apart from letter sending must have been done. Surely that should mean that people in situation like mine should be dealt with quickly as all the work had been done prior to the hissy fit! No the banks still want there power am afraid
                I started at the same time as you and have 14 claims on the go...12 are now with FOS - 1 of which was upheld in Feb but the lender wont agree / pay so off to Ombudsman.I expect more of the same.

As others have said on here they are going to do anything and everything to avoid / delay paying out - no matter what their corporate line is on the matter.

I for one did not expect anything else - they are banks and they lie & cheat their way through life at the expense of the UK consumer - we have been and will continue to be 'cannon fodder' for them.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  LOL :lol::lol::biggrin1: found this from the Cartoon-Bankers website - appropriate

http://www.cartoonbankers.com/wp-con...010/10/ppi.bmp

ha ha nice one di

Comment

I spoke to M and S money and they told me that HSBC were "still awaiting clarification"
                    The eight weeks are up today!
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

http://www.rbs.co.uk/global/ppi.ashx

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                        I spoke to M and S money and they told me that HSBC were "still awaiting clarification"
                        The eight weeks are up today!

Hope you hear something very soon dogtired, I know its frustrating, but it should all be worthwhile in the end.

Comment

I spoke to M&S money today and they are starting responses now and have everything set up to deal with the thousands of complaints they have. They are doing them in chronological order and are working through them in a consistent manner. When I asked where my complaint was in the queue they said it was "Like a needle in a hastack" lol.

Comment

Well I am breaking cover and joining this forum to add my "two penn'th" for what it's worth!

I have been following this site for weeks and it was a "must" for getting excellent insight and news on this whole scandal and to find out our shared experiences.

Thanks for all those regular informed contributors (you know who you are) for the "skinny".

I got to the point where I couldn't see how the BBA could appeal, but I am mighty suspicious (as I believe some have already hinted at) as to whether the banks are actually going to give back that money that they have set aside.

Are they going to pick customers off individually and give them what they think they can get away with? Which would be true to type!

I have 2 MBNA and a FP in the works:

the FP gave a final decision just prior to when they should have adopted the new rules and I have been waiting on the outcome of the JR, but now have indeed written to them again to re-asses since it was clear they were just rejecting claims on principle!

Regarding the MBNA,
                            1. I am looking to see if they pay back all the montly ppi premiums which stretch back to 2000 and straddle the 2005 time point (I no longer have the cards)
                            2. How much interest is paid and whether it puts me in back in the position that I would have been in had they no not taken the premiums - I understand about the 8% simple interest rule but I note that some years back following a court ruling MBNA had to pay an interest rate of around 21%

The upshot of all this is that I will continue to monitor this thread for guidance as to what a fair settlement would look like based on users' actual offers.

In other words are we getting the maximum redress or will they be fobbing us off, since I am unclear as to how the FSA are going to poliice this refund situation.

Are they going to look at sample cases and order the banks to "make good" or are they going to take the Banks word for it?

Remember that the Banks are not in the business of lending money so they are certainly not going to give it away!

Thanks once again to the forum!
                            (I suppose I had more 'change' than I thought :tinysmile_grin_t: )

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                              I spoke to M&S money today and they are starting responses now and have everything set up to deal with the thousands of complaints they have. They are doing them in chronological order and are working through them in a consistent manner. When I asked where my complaint was in the queue they said it was "Like a needle in a hastack" lol.

LOL, at least that is something more positive now I suppose.

I would keep in touch as often as possible, they will soon want to get us off their backs lol.

Comment

HSBC finally try to catch-up with an updated website although very basic compared to the rest.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/p...tion-insurance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X