• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

The media trying to shift the blame now lol anything for a sale

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...e-ppi-scandal/
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      without seeing the letter word for word it is hard to say whether statutory interest has been given do you have a thread on this where you can upload the letter with pers removed.
      [/color]
      [/left]
      Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. Letter received from RBS below.

05 May 2011
      Dear XXXXX

Payment Protection Insurance Policy in association with NatWest Credit Card Number ending xxxx
      You will be pleased to know that I have now finished my review into the concerns that you raised about your Payment Protection Insurance Policy. Your concerns are important to us.
      This is why we ensure sufficient time is taken to comp
      lete a thorough investigation of the issues that you raised.

Your concerns
      I believe that your concerns can be summarised as follows:
      · You cannot remember any discussion about PPI but know it was added to your
      credit card account.

· You were not told of the limitations of the policy as far as self employed status was
      concerned nor of the effect of pre
      -existing medical conditions.

· At no time were the benefits and terms of the insurance explained to you.
      · You were not informed that you could arrange other separate insurance.
      You kindly took the time to complete and return our the Financial Ombudsman Service's questionnaire the contents of which have been taken into consideration when carrying out my investigation.
      My investigation
      It is my responsibility to review the circumstances surrounding your purchase of the policy. This means I have examined the records available from the time of the sale as well as considering your comments. I have done this in order to check that you were made aware of how the policy worked and to confirm you were given all the information you needed to
      make an informed decision
      to proceed with it.

On this occasion I have been unable to confirm precisely what information you were given at the time you purchased the policy. In the circumstances, as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability, the Bank is prepared to make you the offer detailed below.
      My offer
      The Bank is prepared to refund the insurance premiums and interest that you have paid on the policy over the last six years prior to the date of receipt of your complaint and any subsequent premiums applied thereafter to date. Details of our offer are provided in the table below:

(A) The total amount paid in relation to the Payment Protection
      Insurance premiums within the last six years from the receipt of
      £455.35
      your complaint and any subsequent premiums
      (B) Monthly variable card interest paid on the Payment Protection
      £234.17
      Insurance premiums
      Our offer = (A) + (B)
      £689.52
      If you are subject to alternative fiduciary arrangements such as an IVA or Protected trust deed, any payment we make will be made to your credit card account. Any disbursements due under the terms of the arrangement will then be managed by the Credit Card Insolvency Team.
      Please note that this money will be automatically credited to your card balance. If however your card is no longer active we will send you a cheque.
      As you have made a complaint about the way in which the policy was sold to you, please be aware the Payment Protection Insurance Policy on your Credit Card will be cancelled once you have accepted this offer if this has not already been done. This will result in you no longer being eligible for the benefits provided by the policy.
      What can you do next?
      I trust that you will find my comments helpful and that my offer fully resolves your concerns. However, if you are not satisfied, you can refer this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for further investigation. The services they offer are set out in the enclosed booklet "Your complaint and the ombudsman". Their contact details are as follows: details etc....

Should you decide to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), it is a requirement that you do so within six months from the date of this letter. This offer will remain available to you until the option to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service has expired.

To accept my offer, all you need to do is sign and return the declaration at the end of this letter. Please do not make any amendments as this will result in the form being null and void. On receipt the offer amount will be credited to your card balance. If however your card is no longer active we will send you a cheque. We will endeavour to make payment within 28 working days of receipt of the acceptance form.
      I look forward to hearing from you but should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

What should my reply be? Is that a reasonable offer and do they only have to go back 6 years?

Comment

Flossie,

Firstly can you start a new thread here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ewthread&f=125

This will keep the progress of you claim/complaint all in one place and in time order as this thread is very busy and your posts can get lost.

Soon as you have done that I will gladly go to that thread and offer help and advice.

Regards

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
          Oh - May I extend a welcome to those who have 'come out from behind the sofa' and said hello to us here, after following this massive thread for all this time. I guess there are probably many more who have been doing so, and are still reading it, so a sincere 'hi' to you guys, too, and thank you for your interest.

Big credit to our Di for starting it, too, of course !!! Cheers, Di !!! :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Your very welcome everybody, its been an absolute pleasure Bill/

Its gone a long way this thread and am grateful to LB for giving me the opportunity to start this thread, its been amazing, thank you to all at LB, and so happy that there is finally a happy ending. xx

Comment

Di,

It is a thread literally worth its weight in gold as it contains masses of very useful information for which it will go on being read by many.

It also surpasses anything OTR which is fantastic we certainly got a one up over the other forum.

Well done to all specially EXC for his legal insight
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Di,

Although we got the ruling we all so much wished for the fun now starts on a personal note to everyone, indeed this is the beginning to the end.

So we must all remain strong and do as we have all been doing and help others

Knowledge is power and that is what the banks hate, but in this 21st century they can no longer fight that aswell as they once could.
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9th May 2011, 20:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Well done to all specially EXC for his legal insight
              Indeed, seconded. :beagle:

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...-off-customers

Indeed as at some point your fingers will get burnt.

sigpic

Comment

Soon we turn to the CPMA lets hope they do a better job in enforcing regulation than the FSA and do actually fine those that do not comply.

sigpic

Comment

...lets hope they do a better job in enforcing regulation than the FSA and do actually fine those that do not comply.
                    Some of these would be useful attributes for a change, methinks:-

Comment

Goodwill Gestures as so described in flossies reply from RBS takes me back to the original days of bank charges refunds....can we draw comparisons in the legal connotations of that kind of 'offer'?
                      Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

Goodwill gestures...
                        I am an original MBNA Fan Club member and proud of it and;
                        a subscriber to the Cabot Fan Club, also.

Not forgetting the RBS Fan Club

Comment

Anyone making a claim this FOS form must accompany your letter to the lender.

This will ensure no important info is left out.

sigpic

Comment

This will ensure no important info is left out.
                            Complaints should be sent to the original provider first, PF:beagle:
                            In any event, "they" should make contact with the consumer if they have reason to beleieve that, the PPI was mis-sold.

Please, give the poor darlings time to get their systems in place...
                            Last edited by Angry Cat; 9th May 2011, 22:33:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Is that not what I said, perhaps I did not make it clear enough, apologies
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9th May 2011, 23:23:PM.

sigpic

Comment

We have also allowed that, unless there are particular imperatives to the contrary,
                                any own initiative actions by firms toward non-complainants need not commence
                                until six months after the publication of this PS (i.e. mid Q1 2011).
                                Above taken from PS10/12 ...... Anyone know what that month is?

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X