• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

With a bit of luck, all will be revealed at some point tomorrow or by Tuesday the very latest.

With Barclays now it looks promising, its getting weaker for the BBA now, so fingers crossed folks.

Comment

Can you please let us know who the CMC is?

Can you post up the T&C's?

Have you asked your CMC for an update?

Were you mis-sold your PPI and do you have evidence to back this up?

Originally posted by Dukeydogg View Post
      Hello Everyone!!

First of all, thank you for all the information on this thread - for me it has become 'the place to go' after accidently stumbling across the site in December!!

My (longwinded) Story!
      I was contacted last August by a random CMC about PPI who were quite persistent with their telephone calls. I never thought about claiming before, so the fact they wanted £250 upfront and then 39% of anything won sounded quite harsh!

I done a bit of research and decided to go with another CMC that charged 10% and nothing upfront. I sent my claim in in October, and more or less straight away it was put on hold. My CMC didnt tell me this, they havent got in touch with me - at all. Any updates ive had was me phoning them (prior to Christmas) and then daily checks on this forum since.

I dont want to seem to nag, but i did have a lot of loans when i first started out as a homeowner in 2004/2005 and just want to know where i stand.

Also, my other concern is that after reading the press releases by Lloyds etc this past week, they have all mentioned 'there is no need to go to a CMC' (paraphrasing). I hope im not going to get penalized/punished because i have gone to a CMC.

Thank you for reading..................but any comments would be appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Hi and welcome to LB.

So when was the last time you heard from the CMC?

If your having problems with the CMC, it may be worth you contacting the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) explain your situation with them, meanwhile hopefully someone here will have some suggestions to help you.
        https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/index.aspx

Wishing you luck, please let us know how you get on, or if you require help with other reclaims, cheers.

I have never heard from them. It has always been me.........checking they received all my paperwork, how the claim is progressing, if my claim is on hold........I have never received or heard anything from them. Thanks for your luck - i feel i may need it!!

did you sign anything?,i,ve a similiar thing with mine and it,s been ongoing for several years now,if you signed any agreement though if you pull out you might be liable to pay the cmc,s costs at roughly around £125.00 an hour in my case,i will say though my cmc is quite helpful but you might lose a bit off the top in the case of a successful claim 10% isn,t too bad though.
        Yes, i signed their T&Cs. I think it said i would have to pay something between £100 to £250. Im sure their unindated at the moment, but a courtesy call, email, letter or even text to let me know im still on their agenda would be nice!!

Can you please let us know who the CMC is?

Can you post up the T&C's?

Have you asked your CMC for an update?

Were you mis-sold your PPI and do you have evidence to back this up?

Am i allowed to post names? I dont want to breach the T&Cs or name and shame anyone. Not that i could shame them, just for not updating me really! I'll try and scan them tomorrow at work. I believe i was missold. I was working my local council full time and permanent so full sick pay, no medical problems, and being a new homeowner and lucky, i had backing of my parents (who are relatively well off), if we ever were in trouble. My local bank (Lloyds) are complete scumbags, and take advantage regularly.
        Dukeydogg

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
          Been pre-occupied with getting sorted to move house lately-so afraid I've not read all this thread nor the judgement paper

So---can I ask:

Will we calculating potential redress based on FOS old guidelines in some cases?

or

Using Appendix 1-4 Handbook as within 10/12 FSA Policy Statement dated August 2010 for all cases?

Thanks
          Turbs
          The 'Common Failings' listed at the very end of the 10/12 Policy Statement comprise the most comprehensive examples of mis-seselling which link to the relevant breach of regulation/principles.

This is the definitive guide to anyone considering making a PPI claim as you can quote the breach to which your complaint relates.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

Comment

Exc,

Reading those common failings it would seem that 99% of policies where missold.

For instance how many people are advised as to whether the sale is advised or non advised.

How many people are told it is optional

How many people are told that the policy would attract interest

How many people where told that the term of the loan exceeded the term of the policy or visa virsa

Plus many others.

Furthermore most of those common failings relate to ICOB and not ICOBS so loads of complaints should never have been put on hold as they did not effect the outcome of the JR

That is a very good Doc and should be read and used in conjunction with letters of complaint/claim
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8th May 2011, 17:12:PM.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

The BBA claims on their website to 'speak for over 200 member banks from 60 countries on the full range of UK and international banking issues.'

If this is true, how many of those member banks could of been involved in the misselling of PPI?

Even if Lloyds and (now hopefully) Barclays withdraw from the legal action, could there still be quite a few banks wanting to pursue and exhaust every avenue available to them?

Comment

Soapy,

It was widely missold and not just by the banks just about every business model sold it, credit cards, store cards, every finance house, anything on credit from retail, catalogues.
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

a little bit of news re rbs, it,s nothing we did,nt know but may make interesting reading (sorry ac did,nt realise you already posted this here this morning)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...went-bust.html
                  Last edited by cappo; 8th May 2011, 18:05:PM.

Comment

So it definately looks as if Barclays are pulling out.

I know I posted some info earlier, I have came across another link with this news.
                    HSBS and The Royal Bank of Scotland are also put under pressure.

http://www.pressassociation.com/comp...s-publications

Barclays 'to abandon PPI battle'

Barclays is set to follow its rival Lloyds Banking Group and abandon its legal fight over the mis-selling of payment protection insurance, it has been reported.

The group is expected to announce this week that it will not appeal a High Court decision on the issue, paving the way for thousands of customers who were mis-sold the policies to receive compensation, according to the Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

Comment

Exclusive: Barclays To Disclose £1.1bn PPI Provision | barclays | lloyds_banking_group | royal_bank_of_scotland | Kleinman | Sky News Blogs

Loving the last 2 paragraphs! My heart bleeds!

Comment

If Barclays gives up then does that mean Egg will crack too, since they were recently acquired by Barclays? Or is it likely they'll make an independent decision? Your thoughts?

Comment

all these cases that will be reassessed are they all old ones or cases that have also recently been rejected (pre judicial review)

Comment

Surely if two out of the big four banks withdraw from the legal action, it's game over?

I think it was EXC that said the BBA would struggle to justify an appeal for less than 50% of their members.

Where would this leave the BBA if two out of the big four banks still wanted to push on with an appeal?

Comment

Its not looking as strong as assumed previously. ( not that it was strong in the first place).

And the BBA as we also assumed are waiting until last minute. Luck is not on their side this time I'm afraid.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                                Its not looking as strong as assumed previously. ( not that it was strong in the first place).

And the BBA as we also assumed are waiting until last minute. Luck is not on their side this time I'm afraid.....LOL

I think it was EXC that also said any appeal would be based on it's legal merits, so any banks that pull out of appeal would be irrelevant. Food for thought I guess.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X