• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

So am I right in thinking Santander are not involved in the judicial review at all ?

they have some very good PR peeps if so.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      So am I right in thinking Santander are not involved in the judicial review at all ?

they have some very good PR peeps if so.

Yes Amethyst, the only ones so far willing to continue to investigate!

Comment

yes I realise they have said they will continue to investigate claims, but heard somewhere this morning that Santander are NOt joining the bba and other banks in the judicial Review action at all (ie Santander will not be represented at JR hearings etc)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I know there are a few posts OTR, but nothing stating why up to now.
          Will keep a check on updates as they come in. x

Comment

yes I realise they have said they will continue to investigate claims, but heard somewhere this morning that Santander are NOt joining the bba and other banks in the judicial Review action at all (ie Santander will not be represented at JR hearings etc)
            Correct Praise for Santander's stance on PPI mis-selling | This is Money

Comment

Correct, they are going the whole hog, and not only continuing to process ALL ppi related complaints but have also openly stated they will not be backing the action taken by the other banks.

Brilliant!!

I see there are campaigns starting on other sites praising santander and urging folks to jump ship from high st banks to them... and they will get much new business.

PR spun by Don Draper himself!

Comment

There was this bit of info via Santander posted up previously....

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...m_campaign=box

Comment

''A source close to Santander, which has incurred the wrath of customers this year due to its poor customer service, says supporting the challenge [Judicial Review] would do more damage to its reputation than any gains it would make were the legal intervention to prove successful.
                  However, it is understood the bank has sold far fewer PPI polices over the years than many of its rivals meaning it can afford to take the hit of paying mis-selling victims.
                  FSA sources say the bank's decision will help its legal fight.''

Santander takes consumer side in PPI battle - MoneySavingExpert News

Comment

considering A&L are part of the Santander group and took the largest FSA fine of 7M for misselling ppi, can't see how they sold fewer policies than others.

just great PR.

Comment

Thanks guys, have emailed BBA and santander to get horses mouth info on whether its correct as that seems to be a bit hearsayical.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                        considering A&L are part of the Santander group and took the largest FSA fine of 7M for misselling ppi, can't see how they sold fewer policies than others.

just great PR.

A&L were not part of Santander at the time. And the fine didn't relate to the number of policies sold but way they were mis-sold.

Comment

Thanks guys, have emailed BBA and santander to get horses mouth info on whether its correct as that seems to be a bit hearsayical.

Great idea Amethyst, good one, and hope they get back soon. x

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            A&L were not part of Santander at the time. And the fine didn't relate to the number of policies sold but way they were mis-sold.
                            Yes i understand that much, but the size of the fine related to how badly they sold those policies, and i would imagine that leaves santander without much defence when they get hit for a claim.

The point here is, they must still have a large liabilty but being the single bank (2nd largest in the country) to stand alone and back the consumer is clever thinking and will surely win them plenty of new business.

I think they should be applauded, regardless of any ulterior motives.

The consumer wins, and that is my only interest.

Not a bank shareholder etc.

Comment

I think you will have better luck than me Amethyst as I did it yesterday and still not heard anything back.

This was only for them to put in plain english exactly what complaints will be on hold!!!

Comment

mmm well stuck emailing as Brian Mairs is at some social media thing today apparently, so have emailed Brian Capon instead of ringing (nerves lol cause I don't know Capon at all)

All we have in writing from Santander is an email to nattie yesterday

Hi ,

Just to confirm that we will continue to deal with any issues our customers put to us regarding PPI in accordance with FSA rules.

Best wishes,

Siobhan

Siobhan O’Shea
                                Senior Media Relations Manager
                                Communications

Santander UK plc, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X