• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim rejected by Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim rejected by Lloyds TSB

Hi All

I am new to this forum but I am hoping for some advise please.

My partner took out a loan with Lloyds TSB and included PPI around 4 years ago (it was for a total of 60 months). In December 2008 (a week before Christmas) he was made redundant from work and contacted the bank for a form to claim on his PPI. By February he had not received the form even after ringing them and going into the branch on numerous occasions. However because he received some redundancy money he was able to continue paying his loan repayments so did not get into arrears.

In March he finally received the form, completed it and duly sent it off. At the end of April he received a letter from the bank saying his claim had been rejected. His employers had confirmed that he was made compulsory redundant and the Job Centre confirmed he was receiving job seekers allowance.

He has tried on numerous occasions to contact the bank by phone and face to face to complain/appeal against this decision however as he missed Aprils payment (his money had run out and the repayments are £268/m) all they kept discussing was how and when he was going to pay the missed installment. When he asks about appealing against the decision he is being fobbed off and told it is not there department and they give him other numbers to ring, that no one answers.

He is now not sure what he can do about this, if anything so advise would be gratefully appreciated. The only other thing I should mention is that he only has 1 payment left on his loan and then it finishes which is why we think the bank is doing this in the hope that he will pay the outstanding amount and then disappear!!

Many thanks for any advise you can offer

Lola

Re: PPI claim rejected by Lloyds TSB

Have you tried the FOS?
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Comment

Hi

No not yet we werent sure where to go or who to contact or whether we would be able to argue that the PPI was missold as they told him that it would cover his payments if he was made redundant but now they have rejected that claim.

Thanks

Comment

If they told him it would do something and it doesnt it is usually mis sold.

At the least they should get a reason off them why it was rejected, why you cant appeal etc.

Goodluck.

Comment

I would write a letter headed "official complaint "and ask them to confirm in writing the specific reason the claim was refused. Also ask them to send you a copy of their complaints proceedure as you intend to make the matter further.

You need a reply in writing to judge whether the policy was mis-sold or whether there is a complaint regarding just this particular claim

Explain why you need an urgent reply.

Post the reply and then we will see what the next step is.
          if you need a hand with the letter give me a shout.
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thanks for the advise I will get the letter sent off tomorrow and once I receive a reply I will let you know...thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X